Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniels out multiple weeks
Reported by Chris Roling/Geoff Hobson that not only will Daniels miss this week, but it will be multiple weeks (likely 3-8).
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/02/mike-daniels-injury-bengals-free-agency/

Quote:As Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com reported, right after meeting with the media Thursday and saying he’s good to go, Daniels went out in practice and suffered an elbow injury that could keep him out three to eight weeks.

Hobson echoed the same in a tweet.
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We have to go out and sign another DT.

How many have we lost now? Four?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 05:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have to go out and sign another DT.

How many have we lost now?   Four?

It's been 4+

Tupou (opt out)
Wren (IR)
Glasgow (waived - failed physical)
Daniels (3+ weeks)

Billings left in FA to CLE. He opted out early August after signing with CLE in March.
Atkins is out for (at least) this weekend.

Harrison and Peko are out there, but by no means are they good pass rushers. Both are solid against the run though.
I'd look to sign Harrison or Peko and have Hubbard sub for that guy on passing downs. Then you have Dunlap, Hubbard, Lawson, and Reader to rush the passer.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This defense is done.. gotta score 30 a game to have a chance..
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 08:12 PM)Tony Wrote: This defense is done.. gotta score 30 a game to have a chance..

Marcel Dareus out there too. I was hoping Mike Daniels would be a good add but hes turning out to be another unreliable clunker  
Reply/Quote
The sliver lining for me is I didn’t think the Bengals would be serious contenders this season. Agree we need bodies at DT but no one of the street with make that drastic of an impact and save the season. Daniels will be gone after the season and isn’t a core player going forward. It’s tougher for me to watch my franchise qb get killed every play.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 08:12 PM)Tony Wrote: This defense is done.. gotta score 30 a game to have a chance..

Despite playing an entire extra overtime period our defense is still in the top half of the league in points allowed.

Not saying this is a good defense at all.  Just saying it is not as bad as some people are acting.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 11:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Despite playing an entire extra overtime period our defense is still in the top half of the league in points allowed.

Not saying this is a good defense at all.  Just saying it is not as bad as some people are acting.

They’ve played Tyrod Taylor, Baker Mayfield, and a struggling Carson Wentz. Just wait. Ben and Lamar will feast.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 11:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Despite playing an entire extra overtime period our defense is still in the top half of the league in points allowed.

I don't know where they stand on time of possession, but the scoring defense might not be as accurate a measure of their ineptitude.  Although they had a solid outing toward the end of the Philly game, it seems like they simply can't stop opponents rushing attack.  I think Cleveland punted ONCE.  They got some stops against Philly, which is at least a step in the right direction.  They still gave up a ton of rushing yards.  Teams that don't have to put the ball in the air to beat you won't score as much, but if you can't stop them and essentially bleed to death from papercuts you still die.  
Reply/Quote
They knew Daniels was an injury risk when they signed him, so it shouldn't really come as a surprise to any of us. Personally, I thought that maybe they should have brought in Domata Peko a couple weeks ago. Sure, the guy has lost a step, and would need to rotate in and out often, but he's still big, durable and commands attention from more than one blocker.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Reader will be broken also if they can't get those snap counts down.
Reply/Quote