Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawson
The guy needs more playing time. For a guy that is not suppose to be good at run defense he has 15 tackles and 3.5 sacks. Dunlap has 16 tackles and 0 sacks. Lets get some speed and disruption on the field more on defense. Carlos looks slow and old. Let him spell Lawson and Hubbard to keep them fresh as well as himself fresh. Hubbard and Lawson bring more to the table than Dunlap and Hubbard at this point in Carlos' career.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:12 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: The guy needs more playing time. For a guy that is not suppose to be good at run defense he has 15 tackles and 3.5 sacks. Dunlap has 16 tackles and 0 sacks. Lets get some speed and disruption on the field more on defense. Carlos looks slow and old. Let him spell Lawson and Hubbard to keep them fresh as well as himself fresh. Hubbard and Lawson bring more to the table than Dunlap and Hubbard at this point in Carlos' career.

Isn't Lawson playing more of a LB role?  Can you swap out a DE with a LB?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
You're going to need both players this season. Anyways the bigger problem with the pass rush right now is the DTs are creating zero push.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think he's playing just about the right amount. Carlos played really well against the Eagles so I think some of the criticism is overblown, although I agree that money should go elsewhere in the near future.
Reply/Quote
They drop Carlos back in pass coverage a lot which I am not a fan of. What we are missing I think more then anything is Geno pushing the pocket back into the QB lap so he can not step up and throw the ball.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 01:36 AM)J24 Wrote: You're going to need both players this season. Anyways the bigger problem with the pass rush right now is the DTs are creating zero push.

That's true, but it shouldn't be unexpected given Atkins and Daniels are out. Reader is not really a pass rusher.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:27 AM)McC Wrote: Isn't Lawson playing more of a LB role?  Can you swap out a DE with a LB?

No. He is a DE. He lines up with his hand in the turf or as a stand up end.
Reply/Quote