Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor Debut
Mixon looks to be the RB getting the lions share of carries in Lazor's offense and I like that.

Also got AJ the ball a bunch although the OL still can not block enough to throw down field to him.

Lazor is a definite step up from Zampese.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I thought he did well. Offense looked Sharp in the first half. Then Dalton turned Dalton....Mixon was solid too.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I thought Lazor was underwhelming in his debut. He did some things I liked such as more screens and counters...but in the 1st half taking deep shots to Green opened the offense up. Also, they did quick slants that worked. He totally went away from this in the 2nd half.

Mixon had a lot of carries and averaged 3.4 ypc. There were plays where the Bengals ran the ball right into the blitz. He went into a run-the-ball shell in the 2nd half and it costed us the game.

WE MUST TAKE DEEP SHOTS TO GREEN!

I felt it was a respectable showing. When they gave Mixon a sliver....he did well.  He did some things to get people open....and was getting plays off under 2 seconds for easy completions.  When Dalton had time....he was ok. I expect improvement week by week....just in time for a dead cat bounce.  

Seriously though....if Paul Alexander is here next camp.  I'm turning in my fan card.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:23 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I thought he did well.  Offense looked Sharp in the first half.  Then Dalton turned Dalton....Mixon was solid too.

They both sucked in the 2nd half....and the defense fell off.  Dare I say it?  Journalistic jargon....I mean half time adjustments by the Pack won the game?

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It was nice to see Mixon do stuff but his constant "I'm eating soup!" motion got irksome.

Yeah....get your ass back to the huddle Clubber Lang.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:47 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Gotta say, while I know that Dalton isn't a world beater, I would cut him slack because of the play calling and O-Line.

But hearing Tony Romo essentially expose some of Dalton's more glaring deficiencies was depressing. Missing wide open receivers and not checking out of runs that we're going right at the blitz. He wasn't the reason that we lost today, but he should have been the reason we won.

Used to be his strength....the pre snap read.  It's almost as if he's lost his mind over the last two seasons.  

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:16 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't know... he has the shake and move that draws you in with temptation, but he runs surprisingly weak for a 230lb RB. I was shocked at how easily he went down on a couple carries. Like he was touched and went down like he was shot.

Also wish he'd chill it with the celebration for every 5 yard carry, even more so since Mixon is currently 3rd of the three RBs on the team with 3.1 YPC this season. (Hill 3.5, Bernard 5.1)

Yep....if he keeps that shit up....he can head on down the road at the end of the year.  STFU and quit drawing unnecessary attention.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: Used to be his strength....the pre snap read.  It's almost as if he's lost his mind over the last two seasons.  

That's really the last defense that Dalton really has, but it's not really a defense. You can just see how little confidence he has in the O-Line and protection. There were at least a few times that he'd have protection, but after x seconds he would feel pressure that wasn't there.

Whatever progress Dalton had with Hue seems to have been undone after a year with Zampese.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:31 PM)thillan Wrote: Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure it's Dalton's job to audible out of running into the blitz, lol.

Hard to take deep shots when your QB can't throw deep with any accuracy.

Daltons deep passes have been bad this year and his field vision is bad also. They really need to work on the deep pass in practice he had the time to throw it. 

I like Lazor tho 10 days to get the team ready not real bad day 3 points in second half was only issue I seen. Still hope Marvin is gone at the end of the year and I am leaning towards Haslett taking over then we can keep the OC and DC.  If not Haslett then go with offensive coach.
Reply/Quote
I was shocked at the new OC yesterday. Just think, if we get rid of Mervin and PA, we would be great!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Almost 100% sure that it was a Marvin thing. We've had 5 different OCs under Marvin now, and 4 of them did the exact same thing with a lead after halftime, which was shut down and go conservative. Hue was the only one who I felt didn't.

That second half of run-run-run-punt and run-run-pass-punt with a lead were brutally Marvin, and as always, depressing.

Yea this team has a tendency to let off the accelerator, Oct 4th of 2015 week 4 they beat the Cheifs 36-21.  This may be the last time they had a good first half, the lead and beat a good team with a better 2nd half.  Maybe I'm wrong, but this is it.  

I'll agree that other than Hue they've been terribly vanilla and predictable in the 2nd half.  I think it was maybe the Ravens comeback or another game where they had to actually give up the lead late to actually get it back.  

Hue ran well with Hill (5.1 avg 2014) and Gio (4.7 avg in 2015).  I know the guy went insane to get Palmer and lost a HC job already, but if Mikey gave him absolute power at least we know he wouldn't sit on a lead.  
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:47 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Gotta say, while I know that Dalton isn't a world beater, I would cut him slack because of the play calling and O-Line.

But hearing Tony Romo essentially expose some of Dalton's more glaring deficiencies was depressing. Missing wide open receivers and not checking out of runs that we're going right at the blitz. He wasn't the reason that we lost today, but he should have been the reason we won.

Lack of confidence in your offensive line will do that. It's like telling a driver to get over a bridge as it's crumbling, and try not to fall down. The offensive line makes/breaks team. The same with the defensive line. Playing 8 years at left tackle, the difference is resounding. Dalton is an easy trigger because he has the ball more than anyone on the team...but nobody understands the QB clock here. Getting hit even once can rush your internal clock, make you second guess passes, etc. You could see his frustration when he was shown the picture of the play (When he missed LaFell). 

Does that mean Dalton is free from blame? Absolutely not. But this is what we are seeing. A QB not trusting of one of the most intangible parts of the offense. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I doubt that Marvin calls the offense.
[/quote][quote='THE PISTONS' pid='435982' dateline='1506302806']
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious LMAO LMAO LMAO The hell he don't, 2nd half was traditional Marvin Lewis. Eat the clock, conservative BS.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 01:36 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Daltons deep passes have been bad this year and his field vision is bad also. They really need to work on the deep pass in practice he had the time to throw it. 

I like Lazor tho 10 days to get the team ready not real bad day 3 points in second half was only issue I seen. Still hope Marvin is gone at the end of the year and I am leaning towards Haslett taking over then we can keep the OC and DC.  If not Haslett then go with offensive coach.
Ninja  Haslett Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja , I think Lazor will get it if he does well. Dalton is not playing to win, that's why he took a sack before Bullock missed that FG, Throw it away and we win ThumbsUp maybe.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:45 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: That's really the last defense that Dalton really has, but it's not really a defense. You can just see how little confidence he has in the O-Line and protection. There were at least a few times that he'd have protection, but after x seconds he would feel pressure that wasn't there.

Whatever progress Dalton had with Hue seems to have been undone after a year with Zampese.

I'm all for trading him.  If we're gonna lose out....we can do so a lot cheaper with AJ McCarron.  I'd trade him off....save that cap money to extend Mixon....until it comes time to actually extend him and the FO decides it doesn't value RB anymore. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 04:01 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Lack of confidence in your offensive line will do that. It's like telling a driver to get over a bridge as it's crumbling, and try not to fall down. The offensive line makes/breaks team. The same with the defensive line. Playing 8 years at left tackle, the difference is resounding. Dalton is an easy trigger because he has the ball more than anyone on the team...but nobody understands the QB clock here. Getting hit even once can rush your internal clock, make you second guess passes, etc. You could see his frustration when he was shown the picture of the play (When he missed LaFell). 

Does that mean Dalton is free from blame? Absolutely not. But this is what we are seeing. A QB not trusting of one of the most intangible parts of the offense. 

Exactly Crusader.....it's easy to tell who's played a down of football when you read posts like this....and who hasn't. 

Plus....this shit show KNEW 14 has problems with a lot of pressure....and what do they do?  Destroy the line. Absolutely brilliant.

Reply/Quote
Why take deep shots when you know your QB is just going to overshoot them by 5 yards?

I thought Lazor called a fantastic game.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 07:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: Exactly Crusader.....it's easy to tell who's played a down of football when you read posts like this....and who hasn't. 

Plus....this shit show KNEW 14 has problems with a lot of pressure....and what do they do?  Destroy the line. Absolutely brilliant.

Right? However, let's lay all of the blame on the QB. Everyone points to the negatives Romo had to say about Dalton, but totally ignores all of the negatives he said about the OLine. Dalton can't trust his blockers and his rhythm is completely off. Through that, he still played a solid game yesterday; 78% completion percentage, over 200 yards, 2 TDs, no turnovers, and a rating of 120. However, we're back to nitpicking every pass. "He sucks! He overthrew someone!"

I said it before, but I actually look forward to seeing Dalton playing for another team. The media narrative will change and he'll do fine. When this team moves on from Dalton, he'll go win playoff games, be supported by fans, and enjoy the rest of his career.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:11 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Right? However, let's lay all of the blame on the QB. Everyone points to the negatives Romo had to say about Dalton, but totally ignores all of the negatives he said about the OLine. Dalton can't trust his blockers and his rhythm is completely off. Through that, he still played a solid game yesterday; 78% completion percentage, over 200 yards, 2 TDs, no turnovers, and a rating of 120. However, we're back to nitpicking every pass. "He sucks! He overthrew someone!"

I said it before, but I actually look forward to seeing Dalton playing for another team. The media narrative will change and he'll do fine. When this team moves on from Dalton, he'll go win playoff games, be supported by fans, and enjoy the rest of his career.

It's because numbers don't tell the whole story. His 78% completion rate is due to short quick passes to running backs and AJ Green. I believe AJ was the only WR to catch a pass almost the entire first half.

Come on, it goes deeper the numbers. The real problem is that when Rodgers was getting the ball with 3 minutes left, the announcers literally went "and here we go!". And when Andy got the ball, there was ZERO confidence that the Bengals could move it.

His only impressive throw IMO was to AJ in the end zone. He can't make the throw when it's time to close, it's pretty simple. If I'm Lafell I'm pissed that he overthrew me in the end zone.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:18 AM)thillan Wrote: It's because numbers don't tell the whole story. His 78% completion rate is due to short quick passes to running backs and AJ Green. I believe AJ was the only WR to catch a pass almost the entire first half.

Come on, it goes deeper the numbers. The real problem is that when Rodgers was getting the ball with 3 minutes left, the announcers literally went "and here we go!". And when Andy got the ball, there was ZERO confidence that the Bengals could move it.

His only impressive throw IMO was to AJ in the end zone. He can't make the throw when it's time to close, it's pretty simple. If I'm Lafell I'm pissed that he overthrew me in the end zone.

For Dalton, the goals always move. Bad numbers = he sucks. Good numbers = they don't tell the story, he sucks. Dalton played well. People are ignoring the fact how important being able to trust your OLine impacts QB play. He missed a couple of throws. It happens. The ultimate difference in that game was coaching. One team made adjustments because what they did in the first half didn't work. The other team never makes adjustments because the head coach says that's a myth created by the media.

The real problem is the owner/GM that has been consistent throughout these 26 years of futility.
Reply/Quote