Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor and Lewis want a fast paced style
(01-09-2018, 04:03 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'll believe it when I see it.

Exactly.  You know when we will see it, right?  When the team is 3-10 and eliminated and then they start using it to finish the season full of optimism at 6-10 and no changes or free agency need be employed.  

Assbags.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just hope this means, no more waiting till the play clock gets to 3 seconds and we have to waste a TO. I seem to remember when Hue was out OC, he said something along the lines, he wanted the ball snapped around the 18 second mark...I think that lasted all of 2 games.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 11:23 AM)Wyche Wrote: I am as down on this deal and the offensive line as anyone, BUT, you gotta admit the line looked better when Lazor switched up the blocking scheme to suit the players we have.  The run game was much better, and the protection became at least adequate.  The elephant in the room is gone now, I'm very cautiously somewhat optimistic at this point.  May as well be.

Yeah, this is what gives me some hope as well.

Thank you Lazor for having a say in getting rid of this elephant that was in the room.

The last couple games shown some of this fast paced style. I could see with a new OLC and an entire Offseason this
being a completely different Offense next season with a much better run game. The new scheme Lazor implemented
was clearly different from that zone blocking shit.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 03:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, this is what gives me some hope as well.

Thank you Lazor for having a say in getting rid of this elephant that was in the room.

The last couple games shown some of this fast paced style. I could see with a new OLC and an entire Offseason this
being a completely different Offense next season with a much better run game. The new scheme Lazor implemented
was clearly different from that zone blocking shit.

Yeah, you HAD to notice.  I mean, we went from sub 3.5 YPC (Mixon was below 3 per, wasn't he?) to both backs over 4.5.  Even our emergency pick-up from ATL ran well behind it.  After all that has came to light, I can't believe they wallowed in that mediocrity for so long.  I know it's Mike Brown, but damn man......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 03:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, you HAD to notice.  I mean, we went from sub 3.5 YPC (Mixon was below 3 per, wasn't he?) to both backs over 4.5.  Even our emergency pick-up from ATL ran well behind it.  After all that has came to light, I can't believe they wallowed in that mediocrity for so long.  I know it's Mike Brown, but damn man......

For sure, this is why i completely understand the frustration that SHRacer and others are going through, it always takes
forever for this team to do the obvious thing and change things up. Lazor should of been the OC the year before this, he
had experience as an OC in the NFL and had some moderate success unlike Zampese.

Same thing with firing piano man which should of happened like ten years ago lol

We could go on and on with this one but all i know is there was a difference and with a new O-line coach and an entire
Offseason coaches and players might actually be ready opening day.
Reply/Quote