Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor interview yesterday
So Lazor was on Moving the Chains yesterday afternoon during my drive home, and I must say he left me VERY impressed.

He has came into the league under Joe Gibbs. Has coached under Holmgren, Chip Kelly, and others.

He talked about how impressed he was with Dalton being so open to the changes that were made to the offense, as he stated most veteran QBs are resistant to changing what they know. Andy, he said, came at them (the staff), saying "Give it all to me ASAP so I can get to work learning this new stuff". He said it was Andy's enthusiasm and openness to try new things that sold the rest of the team and created the buzz in the locker room.

He heaped incredibly high praise on Marvin, talking about how he is one of the few head coaches who interjects his knowledge into staff game plan meetings on both sides of the ball, as well as having the coaches bouncing ideas accross the aisle to one another. This is something that Kirwan stated is rare in the league and he never understood why it is not done more. As an example, Bill stated the offensive meeting could be reviewing film of an opponent's defense, and Marvin would be sitting in the back listening in. The discussion gets into attacking what they are seeing on the film, and Marvin then chimes in that we won't see that particular defensive alignment as it was unique to defending a particular aspect of Carolina's offense ML would explain what the defense was doing to dictate Carolina's attack, and so our staff was able to not waste time preparing something that the numbers showed as prevalent, but it was in reality not going to affect our game. Thus we were able to better prepare for what we WOULD see.

An example of the staff working across the aisle included defensive staff who worked under a particular DC in the past showing that a particularly prevalent scheme by that DC wouldn't happen the way it was viewed on the film. The reason? It would leave 18 single covered the entire game, and there was no way in hell that DC would ever allow less than two on him for more than 3 plays total in the game, purely to keep us honest. Again that example turned out to work in the favor of our. Interestingly enough, Marvin has a penchant for pointing out rookie DC's and why. He'll state to Lazor "Remember he's a rookie and will forget to double AJ". Hilarious

I highly recommend giving it a listen if you have online access. I was left feeling VERY good about this team, and confident that these ARE the right men for the job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 01:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So Lazor was on Moving the Chains yesterday afternoon during my drive home, and I must say he left me VERY impressed.

He has came into the league under Joe Gibbs. Has coached under Holmgren, Chip Kelly, and others.

He talked about how impressed he was with Dalton being so open to the changes that were made to the offense, as he stated most veteran QBs are resistant to changing what they know. Andy, he said, came at them (the staff), saying "Give it all to me ASAP so I can get to work learning this new stuff". He said it was Andy's enthusiasm and openness to try new things that sold the rest of the team and created the buzz in the locker room.

He heaped incredibly high praise on Marvin, talking about how he is one of the few head coaches who interjects his knowledge into staff game plan meetings on both sides of the ball, as well as having the coaches bouncing ideas accross the aisle to one another. This is something that Kirwan stated is rare in the league and he never understood why it is not done more. As an example, Bill stated the offensive meeting could be reviewing film of an opponent's defense, and Marvin would be sitting in the back listening in. The discussion gets into attacking what they are seeing on the film, and Marvin then chimes in that we won't see that particular defensive alignment as it was unique to defending a particular aspect of Carolina's offense ML would explain what the defense was doing to dictate Carolina's attack, and so our staff was able to not waste time preparing something that the numbers showed as prevalent, but it was in reality not going to affect our game. Thus we were able to better prepare for what we WOULD see.

An example of the staff working across the aisle included defensive staff who worked under a particular DC in the past showing that a particularly prevalent scheme by that DC wouldn't happen the way it was viewed on the film. The reason? It would leave 18 single covered the entire game, and there was no way in hell that DC would ever allow less than two on him for more than 3 plays total in the game, purely to keep us honest. Again that example turned out to work in the favor of our. Interestingly enough, Marvin has a penchant for pointing out rookie DC's and why. He'll state to Lazor "Remember he's a rookie and will forget to double AJ". Hilarious

I highly recommend giving it a listen if you have online access. I was left feeling VERY good about this team, and confident that these ARE the right men for the job.

Thank you for posting.

Three points:
1) Marvin does not get credit for what he has done here. He brought this Team out of decade and a half of misery. He has overseen development of 2 franchise QBs. He has been flexible in approach and worked with multiple player and coach changes. He has been able to attract free agents to come here, when players would avoid us like the plague (Burfict is just one example)

2) Dalton and this offense are hard working pros. I didn't think the offense would gel till 4th game of the season.

3) Lazor's multi philosophy offense experience is invaluable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 01:58 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Thank you for posting.

Three points:
1) Marvin does not get credit for what he has done here. He brought this Team out of decade and a half of misery. He has overseen development of 2 franchise QBs. He has been flexible in approach and worked with multiple player and coach changes. He has been able to attract free agents to come here, when players would avoid us like the plague (Burfict is just one example)

2) Dalton and this offense are hard working pros. I didn't think the offense would gel till 4th game of the season.

3) Lazor's  multi philosophy offense experience is invaluable.

ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
link?
Reply/Quote
I heard that live. No doubt Lazor will be a head coach one day. Hopefully it will be here...
Reply/Quote