Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor wants to push Andy past his limitations
(01-05-2018, 01:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Exactly, EVERYONE could use some work on this offense.  QB, line, and WRs.  One thing that irked me is the lack of WRs coming back to the QB when he scrambles out of the pocket.  Lots of times, you see them just sitting in their routes.  Break the route off and come back toward the LOS FFS!

That is alot of it! You watch our WRs if the ball isn't coming their way, they don't even bother to move. In the Baltimore game on Boyd's game winner, you can see LaFell  running down the sidelines and as soon as Boyd catches the ball he stops and watches... What if Boyd had fumbled???  
I know that isn't what you are talking about, but our WRs do not put an effort into getting the open when the play breaks down. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 01:41 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That is alot of it! You watch our WRs if the ball isn't coming their way, they don't even bother to move. In the Baltimore game on Boyd's game winner, you can see LaFell  running down the sidelines and as soon as Boyd catches the ball he stops and watches... What if Boyd had fumbled???  
I know that isn't what you are talking about, but our WRs do not put an effort into getting the open when the play breaks down. 

Absolutely another issue.  Also, sometimes they block well, other times, not so much.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 01:41 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That is alot of it! You watch our WRs if the ball isn't coming their way, they don't even bother to move. In the Baltimore game on Boyd's game winner, you can see LaFell  running down the sidelines and as soon as Boyd catches the ball he stops and watches... What if Boyd had fumbled???  

I see them stop all of the time when the pocket breaks down and Dalton has to run out of the pocket, and people complain that Dalton has to throw it away when his WR stop playing mid play.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 01:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I see them stop all of the time when the pocket breaks down and Dalton has to run out of the pocket, and people complain that Dalton has to throw it away when his WR stop playing mid play.

I think part of the problem is our routes are usually to the sideline and then the WR gets trapped and the DBs are just daring Andy to throw it there.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 01:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think part of the problem is our routes are usually to the sideline and then the WR gets trapped and the DBs are just daring Andy to throw it there.

Would explain many of the throw away's over the last couple years...and Dalton's drop in INTs.

Those kinds of throws aren't worth the risk. 

Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem like our WR's cross the middle as much as they did in the Chad/Housh days.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 02:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Would explain many of the throw away's over the last couple years...and Dalton's drop in INTs.

Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem like our WR's cross the middle as much as they did in the Chad/Housh days.

They don't, which has been one of the things I have griped about for a while. Oh you will see that 2 yd slant about 30 times a game but that is not going across the middle.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 02:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Would explain many of the throw away's over the last couple years...and Dalton's drop in INTs.

Not since we've last seen a healthy Tyler Eifert.   But yeah, Housh was incredibly fearless.  Some of those shots he took, I could have swore his body was made of rubber.

I'm hoping that Lazor incorporates CJ Uzomah's big target radius body into some of those designed roll out plays that he was talking about.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

That's because Chad was Rob Tidwell "I'm all heart M....." Dude would go across the middle, get blown up, and pop back up. Many folks around here hated Chad and I never knew why. Pretty sure dude gave us his body and more that likely his brain.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 01:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think part of the problem is our routes are usually to the sideline and then the WR gets trapped and the DBs are just daring Andy to throw it there.

That's a damn good point......I hadn't thought about that, but now that you mention it......

It would, and they don't, unless, as Sunset says.....

(01-05-2018, 02:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: They don't, which has been one of the things I have griped about for a while. Oh you will see that 2 yd slant about 30 times a game but that is not going across the middle.

Yup, kinda ironic they won the Baltimore game on a pass up the seam.

(01-05-2018, 02:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not since we've last seen a healthy Tyler Eifert.   But yeah, Housh was incredibly fearless.  Some of those shots he took, I could have swore his body was made of rubber.

I'm hoping that Lazor incorporates CJ Uzomah's big target radius body into some of those designed roll out plays that he was talking about.

Yeah, and I think maybe Boyd could be that guy across the middle and up the seam if he continues to improve and gain confidence.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 01:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......and Zampese was BOTH of their QB coach..... Hmm .....and someone on here tried to convince me Zamp and PA were both good position coaches...... Hmm 

And he tried to convince me of the same thing lots of times...

No wonder he doesn't come back here.

(01-05-2018, 01:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Exactly, EVERYONE could use some work on this offense.  QB, line, and WRs.  One thing that irked me is the lack of WRs coming back to the QB when he scrambles out of the pocket.  Lots of times, you see them just sitting in their routes.  Break the route off and come back toward the LOS FFS!

I mean these guys watch the Stealer receivers twice a year hurt us by doing this, i don't understand why they don't follow suit.

Urban has been disappointing lately in coaching these guys up. WR's should never be lazy, play to the whistle and like you said
break off the route and come back to the line of scrimmage to give your QB a target when the play breaks down, which with us?

Happens all the time.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 03:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And he tried to convince me of the same thing lots of times...

No wonder he doesn't come back here.

I mean these guys watch the Stealer receivers twice a year hurt us by doing this, i don't understand why they don't follow suit.

Urban has been disappointing lately in coaching these guys up. WR's should never be lazy, play to the whistle and like you said
break off the route and come back to the line of scrimmage to give your QB a target when the play breaks down, which with us?

Happens all the time.

LMAO.....there would be A LOT of crow to eat. LMAO

Nate, for the life of me, I can't figure that out......but as sandwedge noted.....a lot of times, we're up against the sidelines.  That isn't always the case, however.

Reply/Quote
Open up the QB position and may the best man win.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 03:30 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Open up the QB position and may the best man win.

Not sure that is a good idea. Then you are going to have multiple QBs taking snaps during TC. See how that has worked in Cleveland.  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 03:41 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not sure that is a good idea. Then you are going to have multiple QBs taking snaps during TC. See how that has worked in Cleveland.  

If Andy is the guy, then what worries are there?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
They call them limitations for a reason.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 03:30 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Open up the QB position and may the best man win.

If they draft or trade for one, I'm all for it.  However, make the decision quickly, as sandwedge notes....we don't want a Browns situation.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 03:59 PM)Interceptor Wrote: If Andy is the guy, then what worries are there?

There is no worry, Andy is the guy. If we were moving on from Andy, then draft one and he would still need all the reps. This is all pretty moot if you ask me. Andy isn't going anywhere, because Marvin is on borrowed time. He has to win in the next 2 years, if not he will need to be in the witness protection program.
Reply/Quote
The NFL put out a compilation of Carson Palmer highlights. It was so nice to see deep balls hitting receivers in stride. They didn't have to come back for the under thrown ball and then fight off two DB's to make it a touchdown. Also Chad Johnson and TJ were really really good.

I like Andy Dalton as a dude. I think he's a good QB. I don't think we'll win a Super Bowl with him. Maybe a first round playoff game if exactly everything goes right. If I was King of the Bengals he'd be my starter in 2018, but I'd also be looking for his replacement right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 04:44 PM)Striper Wrote: The NFL put out a compilation of Carson Palmer highlights. It was so nice to see deep balls hitting receivers in stride. They didn't have to come back for the under thrown ball and then fight off two DB's to make it a touchdown. Also Chad Johnson and TJ were really really good.

I like Andy Dalton as a dude. I think he's a good QB. I don't think we'll win a Super Bowl with him. Maybe a first round playoff game if exactly everything goes right. If I was King of the Bengals he'd be my starter in 2018, but I'd also be looking for his replacement right now.

I'd be totally on board with this.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'd be totally on board with this.

They say the best time to look for a QB is when you don't have to have one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote