Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor wants to push Andy past his limitations
The next time Dalton runs from the pocket because he "sensed" pressure n then proceeds to throw it away at the sidelines I'm flying to cincy and punching him in the nut sack. If he has any
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 09:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not a fan of Lamar Jackson, great running QB, one of the best but have never been impressed with him passing out of the pocket.

Petrino has been working on his pocket passing the last two years, and he was throwing dimes this year. And, his escapability is something we could definitely use behind this line. That said, I'm not sure he survives any longer than RGIII.... but can you imagine defenses having to worry about "Is he throwing it, did he give it to Gio or Joe, or is he running it...... I would love to see us snag him..... 2017-2018 highlights: (and his numbers this year were better than when  he won the Heisman last year....)

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 02:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Petrino has been working on his pocket passing the last two years, and he was throwing dimes this year. And, his escapability is something we could definitely use behind this line. That said, I'm not sure he survives any longer than RGIII.... but can you imagine defenses having to worry about "Is he throwing it, did he give it to Gio or Joe, or is he running it...... I would love to see us snag him..... 2017-2018 highlights: (and his numbers this year were better than when  he won the Heisman last year....)

I wouldn't have a problem drafting him, but the problem is that he's a third round prospect at best IMO. And of course, he'll be long gone before that thanks to the typical predraft hype on QB's. He's not worth a first or second round pick IMO. QB's with his frame, style and skill set rarely ever translate/last in the NFL, and I don't think it would be wise to risk one of our early picks on him.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 06:44 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: The next time Dalton runs from the pocket because he "sensed" pressure n then proceeds to throw it away at the sidelines I'm flying to cincy and punching him in the nut sack.  If he has any

It's frustrating. Dalton's QB clock dramatically reduced over this season, and that mainly has to do with the offensive line. No, this is not an ESCAPE from Dalton blame. I'd say it's cause and effect, with blame that goes back and forth. 

Dalton does a good job of sensing pressure, and usually scrambles away from it. However, unlike Seattle and Green Bay, it's evident Cincinnati does not practice scramble drills. Green Bay has a habit of actually doing this a few hours a week, especially against great pass rushing teams. 

The issue I have with Dalton is, A, when he stands strong in the pocket he has made some great plays (the game winning play against Baltimore) but he often frets and runs too quickly. B, he doesn't trust his receivers enough to put the ball up for them. Now, point B is back and forth, as Dalton has NEVER been labeled as a gunslinger. But, look at a Roethlisberger/Brown pairing, and you can see the success. 

I think Dalton has missed someone to get in his ear, and push him more. I really believe Gruden and Jackson did that. I'm hoping Lazor, who develops his own confidence, can do be a bug in Dalton's ear. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's because Chad was Rob Tidwell "I'm all heart M....." Dude would go across the middle, get blown up, and pop back up. Many folks around here hated Chad and I never knew why. Pretty sure dude gave us his body and more that likely his brain.

Yep. This a million times. Chad Johnson was a tough dude, even when he developed the Ochocinco personality. The man would get blown up and get back up, smiling and talking trash. You can say what you wanted about Chad, but the man had heart for the game. I think a lot of our players miss that from time to time. 

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 04:11 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: It's frustrating. Dalton's QB clock dramatically reduced over this season, and that mainly has to do with the offensive line. No, this is not an ESCAPE from Dalton blame. I'd say it's cause and effect, with blame that goes back and forth. 

Dalton does a good job of sensing pressure, and usually scrambles away from it. However, unlike Seattle and Green Bay, it's evident Cincinnati does not practice scramble drills. Green Bay has a habit of actually doing this a few hours a week, especially against great pass rushing teams. 

The issue I have with Dalton is, A, when he stands strong in the pocket he has made some great plays (the game winning play against Baltimore) but he often frets and runs too quickly. B, he doesn't trust his receivers enough to put the ball up for them. Now, point B is back and forth, as Dalton has NEVER been labeled as a gunslinger. But, look at a Roethlisberger/Brown pairing, and you can see the success. 

I think Dalton has missed someone to get in his ear, and push him more. I really believe Gruden and Jackson did that. I'm hoping Lazor, who develops his own confidence, can do be a bug in Dalton's ear. 

If he sees a target right away, Andy'll stand in there and take a hit to make the throw.  It's when he doesn't see his first or even second read open that he gets happy feet.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
can he push AJ green to catch routine passes too, that's how you get better than mediocrity out of your medicore players, when they see you grind the "best" player on the team.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Can he put 2 RBs in the game like KC does and is on the road to annihilating Tenn in the wild card game because of it? Speed still kills in the NFL. Can he get John Ross on the field for more than 3 plays in 16 gamez?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 07:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: can he push AJ green to catch routine passes too, that's how you get better than mediocrity out of your medicore players, when they see you grind the "best" player on the team.

Tyrek Hill has already dropped 2 balls in this playoff game. I wish people would stop acting like AJ is the only star WR that drops balls. Fact is he’s spoiled us for most of his career so far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Loved Chad Johnson...... Ochocinco, not so much....
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's because Chad was Rob Tidwell "I'm all heart M....." Dude would go across the middle, get blown up, and pop back up. Many folks around here hated Chad and I never knew why. Pretty sure dude gave us his body and more that likely his brain.

I was thinking about that brutal hit Ray laid on Chad when I wrote that post. Chad showed serious guts to spring back up from that when you know damn well he was feeling that hit. He just wouldn't give ol' Ray the pleasure.

Dalton has always been more accurate deep middle than deep outside, so I'm not sure why we don't try it more often. I'd also like to see more shallow crossers and drag routes. It just feels like so much field goes underutilized, and it's been that way for awhile. Hawkins was good over the middle a few years ago. Not much since him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 08:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Loved Chad Johnson...... Ochocinco, not so much....

Same here. Chad Johnson is my favorite Bengal of all time. Hated the Ocho bs though.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 07:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can he put 2 RBs in the game like KC does and is on the road to annihilating Tenn in the wild card game because of it? Speed still kills in the NFL. Can he get John Ross on the field for more than 3 plays in 16 gamez?

I think the road to annihilation took a detour. As to the OP: Can he teach Andy to throw TDs to himself like Mariota. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Andy is 7-seasons into his career. He is what he is.

Fun fact Sunday ... Andy Dalton has 1 TD pass in 4 playoff games, and a rating of 57.8. Who Dev.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 06:18 AM)Utts Wrote: Andy is 7-seasons into his career. He is what he is.

Fun fact Sunday ... Andy Dalton has 1 TD pass in 4 playoff games, and a rating of 57.8. Who Dev.

Another fun fact.....his owner/GM has ZERO playoff wins his entire career. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 06:18 AM)Utts Wrote: Andy is 7-seasons into his career. He is what he is.

Jesus. I guess I blocked out those horrible memories. I didn’t know it was that bad.

But hey, Marv and Andy will certainly get it done this year!

Reply/Quote
Let’s see how far Andy Dalton can be pushed without Paul Alexander’s offensive line holding him back.
Reply/Quote

Carson Palmer had one touchdown and one pick in two playoff games (lets be honest, more like one) with a rating of 58.3 in the full game he played.

AJ McCarron had one touchdown and two pick in his lone playoff game with a 68.3.

Heck, Jon Kitna had one touchdown and two picks and rating of 60.1

Pretty important to point out that all of the QBs under the Lewis era have SUCKED in their time to shine. 

Reply/Quote
Is Andy Dalton elite? Yes, sometimes he is. Remember his play from 2011-2015? Some of it was mind-blowing. Anyone remember his five touchdown performance against the Jets in 2013? What about the amazing fourth quarter comebacks against Seattle in 2015?

Bill Lazor’s job is this: Make Andy elite more often. That’s it right there.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 07:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can he put 2 RBs in the game like KC does and is on the road to annihilating Tenn in the wild card game because of it?

Smirk
Reply/Quote