Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lb play.
It's garbage and has been for a while.
Ben throwing to TEs we're 14- 17(82%) for 129 yard(7.6 per attempt).
Connor had 111 yards on 19 attempts(5.8)
It just seems to me like there always a half of step slow in coverage and on outside runs. We're just not athletic enough at that position and it kills our defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
What linebacker play?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The Bengals have never really had great LB play. It’s always been, at best, average.
Reply/Quote
Oline and LB needs to be our main focus in the draft.

Is Jefferson even playing?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
We can blame the linebacker core for easy completions to a TE but when you let a QB float easy balls to his outlet receiver because of no pressure it never looks good for any back end.

PS: Can we get a shout out to Dre Kirkpatrick for one hell of a football game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:52 PM)Synric Wrote: We can blame the linebacker core for easy completions to a TE but when you let a QB float easy balls to his outlet receiver because of no pressure it never looks good for any back end.  

PS: Can we get a shout out to Dre Kirkpatrick for one hell of a football game.

Dude the TEs are always open no matter how good the pressure is.
J24

Reply/Quote
It looked like the Steeler game plan was to max protect - it looked like both Geno and Billings were double teamed on a lot of downs and then a free tight end or back would leak out for passes or run blocking. This left linebacker and safety play at a premium. And the Bengals top tackling linebacker just happens to get taken out with a block to the knees early in the game. Hmm.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:02 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Dude the TEs are always open no matter how good the pressure is.

How many of those were the outlet receiver? 

You cannot let a QB have 3 seconds in the pocket and float balls to any receiver.. TEs, RBs WRs it doesn't matter (Steelers barely ran 3 WR sets). Did the Lbs give up a play sure so did the corners and safeties....

Issue is the trenches...the defensive line Did Not Make Plays. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
No pressure whatsoever all game.
Reply/Quote
The REAL top flight Defensive Lines find ways to get to the QB no matter the protection. Our pretenders got punked again like they have been most of this season. Whether it is the players or the scheme right now the $$$ paid to Atkins and Dunlap look wasted.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:13 PM)Synric Wrote: How many of those were the outlet receiver? 

You cannot let a QB have 3 seconds in the pocket and float balls to any receiver.. TEs, RBs WRs it doesn't matter (Steelers barely ran 3 WR sets). Did the Lbs give up a play sure so did the corners and safeties....

Issue is the trenches...the defensive line Did Not Make Plays. 
TEs we're open all game it seamed  to me Ben was getting the ball out quickly most of the time. When they tried to throw the Ball deep seemed they were in Max protect.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:22 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: TEs we're open all game it seamed  to me Ben was getting the ball out quickly most of the time. When they tried to throw the Ball deep seemed they were in Max protect.

Let me put it like this...

Ben Roethlisberger's white jersey was spotless after 60 minutes on a wet field.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:37 PM)Synric Wrote: Let me put it like this...

Not disputing that but its hard to get to the QB when their 1.) Getting the ball out quickly and 2.) Max protecting. Also the Steelers we're running a lot of screens and such. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:37 PM)Synric Wrote: Let me put it like this...

I think he got a hot coffee and a sexual assault in before a few throws today.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote