Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you like in each round?
I was thinking, instead of mock drafts (because they are nearly impossible to predict) why don't we list out our top 3 prospects that we like per round. Try to pick players that are likely to be on the board still at our spot in each round also. Of course I would love to have Bosa at 11... but it will never happen.

Here are mine, in no particular order

1st Round-
Devin White - LB- LSU
Dalton Risner- T - Kansas State
TJ Hockenson - TE - Iowa

2nd Round-
Garrett Bradbury - C/G - NC State
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - S/CB - Florida
Mack Wilson - LB - Alabama

3rd Round-
Germaine Pratte- LB - NC State
Jace Sternberger - TE - Texas AM
David Edwards - OT - Wisconsin

4th Round-
Te'von Coney - LB - Notre Dame
Michael Jackson - CB - Miami
Michael Jordan - G -Ohio State

5th Round-
Shareef Miller - DE - Penn State
Demarcus Christmas - DT - Florida State
Jimmy Moreland - CB - James Madison

6th Round-
Oli Udoh - T - Elon
Ben Burr-Kirven - LB - Washington
CJ Conrad - TE - Kentucky

7th Round-
Andrew Wingard - S - Wyoming
Rodney Anderson - RB - Oklahoma
Sean Bunting - CB - Central Michigan

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't bother me at all to see multiple LB and OLine picks. Fix both those positions once and for all and never go back to weaknesses that have needed work for awhile and ultimately cost Marvin his job.

Fix those areas, now you have a chance to compete.

Also feel like a QB will be taken somewhere and at least one WR.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I just posted my first 6 rounds. It could get moved here. If it isn't, here is my 6 rounds, and no clue on 7 and special teams needs. I used NFL.com Mocks and CBS to see who might be on the boards.

ROUND 1 : LINEBACKER. Devin White of LSU, but if gone then Devin Bush of Michigan. HOWEVER if White is gone but the best Offensive Tackle still on the boards, I could see that move also. That would change my pick 3. Maybe we don't get a top LB, but go QB in 3 and RB in 4. That works also. I'll say LB in 1.

ROUND 2 : DEFENSIVE BACK with LINEBACKER SIZE. Juan Thornhill of Virginia and great athlete combo of speed, jumping, size. ability. Bengals plan to be in nickle D 80% of the time, so a big LB size DB with talent is needed for added depth. In today's NFL, you can't have enough good DB's, plus injuries happen.

ROUND 3 : OFFENSIVE TACKLE. Either Michael Deiter of Wisconsin or Mitch Hyatt of Clemson would provide much needed tackle blocking. If we don't go OT Day One, these are good Day 2 Tackle Blockers.

ROUND 4 : QUARTERBACK. Jarret Stidham of Auburn. Strong arm Heisman type that Denver & Elway interested around 4. There will be interesting RB's in 4, but if we can steal this QB off boards, DO IT. AT 4, Dalton starts, but we add great QB depth. This could be a steal. New Head Coaches are licking their chops to draft a QB not of old coach anyway.

ROUND 5 : RUNNING BACK. Dexter Williams of Notre Dame. This RB is too elite for Bengals to pass on in 5. After Mixon, I question our depth. Aging & injured Gio has fallen off. That RB pick last year has off field issues. IF Stidham gone in 4, I could see a RB in 4 and a QB in 5. Injuries and fatigue force RB Depth. Most good teams have a stable of good RB's.

ROUND 6 : TIGHT END. Isaac Nauta of Georgia. Just missed a good time in combine, but that could help one of best TE's to fall to us.

All of these picks could make Bengals roster. I'm not even thinking practice squad. Last Place Bengals need a lot of help ASAP. I know, no WR. Look, we can't go early on WR and the late WR's not better than what we have. Maybe use injured Eifert more outside than on O Line. We have other TE's and I think we draft a good one late also. Green, Boyd, Ross, and others plus Eifert outside more often is depth. We could also have 2 TE packages that are working in NFL and I mean passing, not bull running. Double TE's are tearing up defensive gaps in coverage.

ROUND 7 : Who knows. I'm sure Special Teams coach gets some help here. New Coaches may not like Marvin fullbacks, or Marvin kicker or Marvin long snapper. I see New Coaches cleaning up some odds and ends in 7. People to come in and challenge Marvin special teams holdovers.

Other teams are interested in all these players. There will be teams slamming their fists on the table if we pick these players ahead of them. They are all on different teams Wish Lists, but why let them have them. We need Tackling. We need Blocking. We could always use more QB and RB depth. We could use a TE if Eifert gets injured again. I like stealing the QB off the board Denver and Elway are looking at around this time in draft.

I don't pick out colleges or college players I like. I look at Bengals Needs. If the Ohio State QB would fall to us in round 1, it becomes interesting. I have given it thought. It's too much like drafting The Throwin' Samoan when we still had Ken Anderson. Bengals have other needs. We can't afford to have Dalton and a #1 QB, and then have no blocking or tackling. So, I'm looking at ways to get Bengals out of last place and that means adding BLOCKING and TACKLING and then some QB and RB depth soon after. I think new coaches will like pass rush of Atkins & Dunlap and those Ohio State D players show young high motor upsides on Bengals last year and could become good veteran D Line help and edge rush.

GO BENGALS. Opening a new window of opportunity for Green, Dalton, Atkins, Dunlap and now Mixon and Boyd. Maybe not a rebuild, but a reloading, ready to go for play-offs in 2019.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 10:04 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: I was thinking, instead of mock drafts (because they are nearly impossible to predict) why don't we list out our top 3 prospects that we like per round. Try to pick players that are likely to be on the board still at our spot in each round also. Of course I would love to have Bosa at 11... but it will never happen.

Here are mine, in no particular order

1st Round-
Devin White - LB- LSU
Dalton Risner- T - Kansas State
TJ Hockenson - TE - Iowa

2nd Round-
Garrett Bradbury - C/G - NC State
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - S/CB - Florida
Mack Wilson - LB - Alabama

3rd Round-
Germaine Pratte- LB - NC State
Jace Sternberger - TE - Texas AM
David Edwards - OT - Wisconsin

4th Round-
Te'von Coney - LB - Notre Dame
Michael Jackson - CB - Miami
Michael Jordan - G -Ohio State

5th Round-
Shareef Miller - DE - Penn State
Demarcus Christmas - DT - Florida State
Jimmy Moreland - CB - James Madison

6th Round-
Oli Udoh - T - Elon
Ben Burr-Kirven - LB - Washington
CJ Conrad - TE - Kentucky

7th Round-
Andrew Wingard - S - Wyoming
Rodney Anderson - RB - Oklahoma
Sean Bunting - CB - Central Michigan

Wow! I agree with your first 2 rounds. Would love to get Risner but we may be able to get him in the 2nd and take D. white in one. Or Bradberry in one Cause I don't think he will be there in2, then take the LB Wilson in 2. Love Pratt as a coverage LB And I wouldn't be mad if Hock was picked either. Nice job.
Reply/Quote