Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow terrible down the field
#dumbasfuckthread
(10-12-2020, 08:37 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I think I understand what you are getting at, but I'm having a little trouble digesting it. Both AD and Carson played with much better offensive lines for the majority of their time here. 

Regardless of who the QB is (Montana,Brady, Mahomes), they still need time for the receivers to run their routes. They still need time to make more than one read. The team's current o-lineman can't hold a candle to some of the guys that Carson or Andy had blocking for them. 

The play caller never made the right adjustments. I mean, he tried a few times, but didn't do nearly well enough. Nothing about that offensive performance was salvageable.

He's talking about the end of both their tenures....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-12-2020, 10:39 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'll bet Essex is harder than a diamond in a snowstorm watching Justin Herbert tonight in the first half.

Second half wasn't bad either. That kid can play.

(10-13-2020, 02:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: Second half wasn't bad either. That kid can play.

Yes he can

But I can't help but think Brett Favre when watching him. He's always trying to force a couple every game.
(10-12-2020, 06:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: What happen to Burrow is tough cam handle anything.. seems like we are setting g up failure in the future.  Burrow needs to get rid of ball more to help avoid hits and we need to run ball more and throw less to help him

Well, I never said that, so I'm not sure why you want me to defend it. Nor did I hear anyone else say it, and I'm sure no one could think a QB can take getting pounded and free rushers constantly. I remember when the Pats just straight up cut a starter when he missed an assignment and Brady got smashed. Bengals could rush more if the run blocking was better. When the lineman get pushed back in pass coverage, they don't become bulldozers in run blocking. I have seen it dozens of times the D-Line just goes at the snap. If you lined up in the back field, QB or RB, they come at you. Everyone sees it. Announcers discuss how poor the line is but some people just ignore for some reason.
Has Herbert played a top 10 defense this year?

Seems like he has good pockets and has open, sometimes wide open receivers to throw too. Almost like night and day protection.
(10-12-2020, 10:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Good news and bad news. She's out of jail but she has a type of cancer that has now made her unable to walk unassisted.

Meh, she can just use Mike Brown's golf cart. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-13-2020, 09:58 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Has Herbert played a top 10 defense this year?

Seems like he has good pockets and has open, sometimes wide open receivers to throw too. Almost like night and day protection.

They have a pretty cupcake schedule for a while honestly. Jets, Dolphins, Jags, are their next 3 games. I’m sure Herbert will keep putting up big numbers for a while and we’ll get a lot of “we took the wrong QB” talk.

Meanwhile we have to play the Colts, Browns, and Titans our next 3. Which are all going to be tough games. And then we get the Steelers...

(10-13-2020, 10:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They have a pretty cupcake schedule for a while honestly. Jets, Dolphins, Jags, are their next 3 games. I’m sure Herbert will keep putting up big numbers for a while and we’ll get a lot of “we took the wrong QB” talk.

Meanwhile we have to play the Colts, Browns, and Titans our next 3. Which are all going to be tough games. And then we get the Steelers...

and such talk would be nonsensical and based on emotional reactions. I suppose it would be fair to opine that Burrow got the wrong team.  Hilarious
(10-13-2020, 02:40 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes he can

But I can't help but think Brett Favre when watching him. He's always trying to force a couple every game.

Yeah, he definitely comes off as a gunslinger type.

(10-13-2020, 09:58 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Has Herbert played a top 10 defense this year?

There's no question his line is better than ours.

(10-13-2020, 10:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They have a pretty cupcake schedule for a while honestly. Jets, Dolphins, Jags, are their next 3 games. I’m sure Herbert will keep putting up big numbers for a while and we’ll get a lot of “we took the wrong QB” talk.

Yep, the teams he has played haven't been as impressive on defense as what we will be going up against.

Herbert's deep throws are amazing, but Burrow can be just as accurate (arm isn't as strong). He has to have time to step into those types of throws. 

Big Burrow fan, just sad he's already going to be 24 in a couple of months.
(10-13-2020, 10:41 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: and such talk would be nonsensical and based on emotional reactions. I suppose it would be fair to opine that Burrow got the wrong team.  Hilarious

Very fair to opine that...lol

(10-13-2020, 10:47 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: There's no question his line is better than ours.

I like Lynn, too. Seemed like a good coach on Hard Knocks.

(10-13-2020, 10:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like Lynn, too. Seemed like a good coach on Hard Knocks.

Yeah, I like him too.... they're getting a dose of our reality losing all of these close games. 

(10-13-2020, 10:21 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Meh, she can just use Mike Brown's golf cart. 

But you're not allowed to block....using a golf cart. Though i wish Booby Hart could. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(10-12-2020, 08:37 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I think I understand what you are getting at, but I'm having a little trouble digesting it. Both AD and Carson played with much better offensive lines for the majority of their time here. 

Regardless of who the QB is (Montana,Brady, Mahomes), they still need time for the receivers to run their routes. They still need time to make more than one read. The team's current o-lineman can't hold a candle to some of the guys that Carson or Andy had blocking for them. 

The play caller never made the right adjustments. I mean, he tried a few times, but didn't do nearly well enough. Nothing about that offensive performance was salvageable.

I think he's saying that they (CP and Dalton) struggled way more with their deep passing once their lines fell apart. We all remember CP getting his nose broken and Dalton getting pummeled for 4 straight years (also 46 sacks in 2012). Dalton had good deep ball stats his first few years in the league (trust me, I had to dig those stats up a lot back in the day), but he took a nose dive while getting knocked around.

I think Burrow has potential to be better than either of those guys at their peaks, but it's hard to judge his deep passing right now while he's getting pressure on half his drop backs, and most of those aren't even deep routes that need time. I can't imagine how bad the pressure numbers are when he actually needs the time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(10-04-2020, 07:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i believe he is 2 for 20 over 20 yds. throw... worst within the 32 teams.. Sad

Hard to get anything on the ball when you’re running for your life or going backwards where you can’t step into the throws.Bengals are slowly and surely ruining this kid.Spent a fortune in FA on the defense,and didn’t address serious issues on the O-line.