Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Le'Veon Bell Wants 17 MILLION!
Glass knees now wants SEVENTEEN MILLION!

That's 17,000,000 A YEAR!

PLEASE GIVE him what he wants!  

He'll be injured shortly from working out on his own but not being in the flow of football-mode with the team!

This isn't the Steelers' MO to bow to a player, but can they go on without him?!  They'll look like bitches if they cave.  And this is a day before he says he'll show up at camp, so does he just just show up and act like it's all good?

Does he want out of Pittsburgh?  Is that why he keeps demanding more?  Does he figure they'll get tired of it and move on?  

Are the Steelers in trouble without him?

Here's the full article:

Quote:Last year, Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell made waves with a rap that seemed to suggest he wants $15 million per year. He later claimed he didn’t, and then once the Steelers offered him $12 million per year it became clear that he does.

And now Bell is rapping again, sort of. With updated demands.
“AB, yeah, I see ya’ll cuz,” Bell said in a video posted on social media, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Big dog, I got pups bigger than Air Bud. Are you aware, Bud, why I’m not at practice? I’mma need 17, cuz 26 is savage. They say the franchise should be enough. Pockets of Professor Clump. Let me get back to my day, I can’t keep showing Buddy love.”
It was AB (more commonly known as Antonio Brown) who became the first member of the Steelers organization to pressure Bell to report for training camp, likely as a result of exuberance and not as part of a deliberate effort to get between Bell and his money.
The timing of Bell’s response to AB is curious. On Friday, he’ll show up and sign a one-year, $12.1 million franchise tender. Unless, that is, owner Art Rooney II rolls out of bed today or tomorrow and decides to rescind it. Maybe Bell’s rap represents one final dare to the Steelers to do that.
It also may be the latest dare to tag him again in 2018, given that he’s made it clear what he wants — and that he’s made it clear that, if tagged, he won’t show up until the day before the rosters are cut from 90 to 53.
Either way, Bell’s price is going up. Which makes it less likely that he’ll be with the Steelers over the long haul.
Reply/Quote
He's not worth 17 million a year. Screw him. Give him the franchise tag this year and let him demand 17 million a year elsewhere because I guarantee no one will be willing to pay him that much. The guy hasn't played in 25% of the games in the last 4 years he was eligible for. He's made of glass and apparently his brain is too. He's a me player. The guy needs to be a team first player. The rate he's going, by the time next season comes around he'll be suspended for the entire year anyways. I don't like him, he's an arrogant punk and the Steelers can do without him. Sure he's a great running back when he's actually on the field, but he thinks he's worth more than he actually is.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 05:43 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: He's not worth 17 million a year. Screw him. Give him the franchise tag this year and let him demand 17 million a year elsewhere because I guarantee no one will be willing to pay him that much. The guy hasn't played in 25% of the games in the last 4 years he was eligible for. He's made of glass and apparently his brain is too. He's a me player. The guy needs to be a team first player. The rate he's going, by the time next season comes around he'll be suspended for the entire year anyways. I don't like him, he's an arrogant punk and the Steelers can do without him. Sure he's a great running back when he's actually on the field, but he thinks he's worth more than he actually is.

that makes sense why hes trying to get paid.... he wont last much longer get what he can.

Some of the better athletes seem to carry rocks where brains should be
Reply/Quote
Jesus Christ he is awful at rapping. His posse should probably stop encouraging that. Steelers will be fine with him or without him. But, with him they have the corniest wannabe rapper in the league.
Reply/Quote
Idk, the Steelers just inked Joe Haden to 9M/per. I'm betting that they'll roll over for Bell, too..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Steelers have unlimited cap it seems
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 07:11 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Steelers have unlimited cap it seems

Something something on the decline something something salary cap
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 06:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Idk, the Steelers just inked Joe Haden to 9M/per.  I'm betting that they'll roll over for Bell, too..

Stop it....

2017 we are paying him 7 million.

In 2018, Haden will be due a $1 million roster bonus in March. If he winds up still being with the team at that point, he’ll be scheduled to earn a base salary of $9 million in 2018. His 2019 base salary is scheduled to be $10 million.

In essence, this is a one-year, $7 million contract for Haden with the right to earn the rest. The Steelers will clearly decide what his future will be by March. With that said, even if they pay the one million roster bonus in March, they can still cut him prior to the 2018 regular season starting without much invested in him and just short of $4 million in dead money to account for over two years.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 05:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Glass knees now wants SEVENTEEN MILLION!

That's 17,000,000 A YEAR!

PLEASE GIVE him what he wants!  

He'll be injured shortly from working out on his own but not being in the flow of football-mode with the team!

This isn't the Steelers' MO to bow to a player, but can they go on without him?!  They'll look like bitches if they cave.  And this is a day before he says he'll show up at camp, so does he just just show up and act like it's all good?

Does he want out of Pittsburgh?  Is that why he keeps demanding more?  Does he figure they'll get tired of it and move on?  

Are the Steelers in trouble without him?

Here's the full article:

the Steelers could Franchise tag him again in 2018....sooooooooooooooo

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 10:46 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Stop it....

2017 we are paying him 7 million.

In 2018, Haden will be due a $1 million roster bonus in March. If he winds up still being with the team at that point, he’ll be scheduled to earn a base salary of $9 million in 2018. His 2019 base salary is scheduled to be $10 million.

In essence, this is a one-year, $7 million contract for Haden with the right to earn the rest. The Steelers will clearly decide what his future will be by March. With that said, even if they pay the one million roster bonus in March, they can still cut him prior to the 2018 regular season starting without much invested in him and just short of $4 million in dead money to account for over two years.

Bell still likely thinking "why are they giving that washed up bum 7M of my potential money?   Hilarious

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 10:52 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bell still likely thinking "why are they giving that washed up bum 7M of my potential money?   Hilarious

Based on your ability to understand contracts I have to hedge my bets you also have no idea what Bell is thinking... Cool

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 11:13 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Based on your ability to understand contracts I have to hedge my bets you also have no idea what Bell is thinking... Cool

To be honest, I never read the terms of Haden's deal.  I just saw the headline of 3 years and 27M, and ran with it.  Nervous

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 11:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: To be honest, I never read the terms of Haden's deal.  I just saw the headline of 3 years and 27M, and ran with it.  Nervous

Based on your penchant for running with things you know little of I have to hedge my bet that you know little of what Bell thinks....LOL   Tongue

Reply/Quote
Hopefully the Steelers pay him 17mil! lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 10:47 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: the Steelers could Franchise tag him again in 2018....sooooooooooooooo
And he could just say "**** you" and hold out again and be even more likely to get injured.

Even if he does sign the franchise tag both years, he's holding your "model franchise" by the nuts and controlling what they do, which goes against everything that your "model franchise" stands for.
(09-01-2017, 06:44 PM)magikod Wrote: Hopefully the Steelers pay him 17mil! lol

I know, right?!  

Pay a player 17 million that will only play, at most, 8 games this year!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 08:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And he could just say "**** you" and hold out again and be even more likely to get injured.

Even if he does sign the franchise tag both years, he's holding your "model franchise" by the nuts and controlling what they do, which goes against everything that your "model franchise" stands for.

Keeping one of the best players in the league in his prime on your team for two extra years while simultaneously being the only team allowed to work out a long term deal with him during that time sounds like a pretty reasonable move for a team that wants to win more Super Bowls.  
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 08:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And he could just say "**** you" and hold out again and be even more likely to get injured.

I know, right?!  

Pay a player 17 million that will only play, at most, 8 games this year!

No one but ignoramuses care about the hold out.   ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
I think the only way the Steelers should even think of offering him 17 million a year, is if it is heavily based on performance incentives. He makes a certain amount guaranteed, and then has to play without getting injured for a quarter of the season every year or suspended. He also should play the whole year and including the playoffs if the Steelers make it and not be injured.He's asking for about 1 million per regular season game. For every game he gets injured, the contract should be knocked down $750,000-1 million dollars.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 08:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Even if he does sign the franchise tag both years, he's holding your "model franchise" by the nuts and controlling what they do, which goes against everything that your "model franchise" stands for.

Seriously?? They can tag him for the next 2 years for less money than they were willing to pay him. His only recourse is to hold out completely and make absolutely nothing...which of course he won't do. But even if he did, the steelers have won without him in the past and it would give them an extra 12 million dollars lying around to play with.

The steelers are in control here. This is why players generally hate the franchise tag and why it will be a major issue in the next CBA between the union and the league.
Reply/Quote
Great player but seems he is such a selfish you know what.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote