Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Le'Veon Bell Wants 17 MILLION!
(09-06-2017, 09:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: False.

I can see positive things the Steelers do, but I just don't think that you can ignore the problems just because they win.

Watch this and listen to a native of Pittsburgh point out a lot of the same things that I do, plus more.

Again, though, Steelers fans are impossible to debate with objectively, as the above video points out.

You just presented the example of one single person as being fully representative of an entire diverse group of at least hundreds of thousands. And you think that's logical. That, my friend, is perhaps the best explanation for why I no longer wish to debate with you.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 11:38 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You just presented the example of one single person as being fully representative of an entire diverse group of at least hundreds of thousands.  And you think that's logical.  That, my friend, is perhaps the best explanation for why I no longer wish to debate with you.

You really think he's the only person that thinks like that?

Funny how you also can't refute anything that he says.

You wish to no longer debate with me because, as I've pointed out, you're a delusional Steelers fan and you can't look at things objectively.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 12:42 PM)mroudfly Wrote: Ben is such a difference maker - it truly is remarkable how the Steelers go from a great team to a .500 team the minute he steps off the field, even with the other two Bs.

True, but as much credit as Ben deserves part of that is how bad our back-ups have been. Vick could barely hand the ball off and beside for a few okay moments Landry Jones has been overall even worse.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 12:57 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You really think he's the only person that thinks like that?

Funny how you also can't refute anything that he says.

You wish to no longer debate with me because, as I've pointed out, you're a delusional Steelers fan and you can't look at things objectively.

1) I originally replied before watching the video and admit that I misunderstood one of your points. I thought that you were saying that the creator of the video was himself an example of Steeler fans. My bad. I have now watched enough to get the gist. He makes some valid points, though none that aren't really applicable at some level to the NFL as a whole.

2) My misunderstanding aside, you continue to display why arguing with you is pointless. Regardless of what side the guy in the video is on, saying that he is not representative of all is NOT the same thing as saying that he's the only one. I never said he was. Yet, you automatically assume that was my intent because I'm a big bad Steeler fan. You are literally incapable of understanding my points because you are incapable of nuance.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 07:11 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: 1) I originally replied before watching the video and admit that I misunderstood one of your points.  I thought that you were saying that the creator of the video was himself an example of Steeler fans. My bad.  I have now watched enough to get the gist.  He makes some valid points, though none that aren't really applicable at some level to the NFL as a whole.

2) My misunderstanding aside, you continue to display why arguing with you is pointless.  Regardless of what side the guy in the video is on, saying that he is not representative of all is NOT the same thing as saying that he's the only one.  I never said he was.  Yet, you automatically assume that was my intent because I'm a big bad Steeler fan.  You are literally incapable of understanding my points because you are incapable of nuance.

lol.

As far as 2) goes, that's completely false, because you implied that he was the only one that thought that way, just like all Steelers fans throw out bullshit, and just ride with it until they're called out on it.

Once again, you throw out insults because you're a blind Steelers fan that's incapable of discussion unless it centers around your team being perfect and being the standard for the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 10:10 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol.

As far as 2) goes, that's completely false, because you implied that he was the only one that thought that way, just like all Steelers fans throw out bullshit, and just ride with it until they're called out on it.

Once again, you throw out insults because you're a blind Steelers fan that's incapable of discussion unless it centers around your team being perfect and being the standard for the NFL.

I implied that you engaged in an easily understandable logical fallacy - that one example proves the whole.  That was it.  That you are certain I intended otherwise proves my point. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: turdPolishersUnion.jpg]
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
this is pure comedy.  every Thursday I come back to this thread to see how far its gotten to.  Keep it up!  I'm really enjoying this one. 

Till next Thursday!  Hasta la vista, baby.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 03:34 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: this is pure comedy.  every Thursday I come back to this thread to see how far its gotten to.  Keep it up!  I'm really enjoying this one. 

Till next Thursday!  Hasta la vista, baby.
Happy to serve.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 11:45 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I implied that you engaged in an easily understandable logical fallacy - that one example proves the whole.  That was it.  That you are certain I intended otherwise proves my point. 

It doesn't prove true for all Steelers fans, but it is typical for them and anyone with a functioning mind can see it.

If it proves true for the majority, then it is logical to say that it applies to the fan base of the Steelers.

Anyone who has been around Steelers fans, seen them on TV or engaged with them in sites like this, knows that it holds true.
Reply/Quote
I heard from a guy I know on the Internets that Brad is going to cancel Christmas for the Cinci/Cincitucky area.

Reply/Quote
Admits that one can't generalize about all Steeler fans:

(09-07-2017, 04:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It doesn't prove true for all Steelers fans ...

Generalizes about all Steeler fans:

(09-07-2017, 04:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Anyone who has been around Steelers fans, seen them on TV or engaged with them in sites like this, knows that it holds true.

[Image: tenor.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 06:15 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I heard from a guy I know on the Internets that Brad is going to cancel Christmas for the Cinci/Cincitucky area.

Yeah, but he'll blame it on Steeler fans.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 05:07 AM)6andcounting Wrote: True, but as much credit as Ben deserves part of that is how bad our back-ups have been. Vick could barely hand the ball off and beside for a few okay moments Landry Jones has been overall even worse.

Yeah I can agree with that. Do you think Joshua Dobbs is the long term answer though? Good work friend is from Pittsburgh and he hated the decision. Is there a consensus on your side or is it pretty split?

He's such a different style of QB that it is hard to see how he would fit into that mold of an offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 07:52 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Admits that one can't generalize about all Steeler fans:

Generalizes about all Steeler fans:

[Image: tenor.gif]

In the part you left out, I said it proves true for the majority.

Try and keep up, little fella
Reply/Quote
It has been rumored that Brad is Gluten Free.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 10:47 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: In the part you left out, I said it proves true for the majority.

Try and keep up, little fella

I skipped straight to the part where you made an absolute statement immediately afterwards. I figured that NOT showing how quickly you did a 180 would be less embarrassing to you.
Reply/Quote
I was getting my haircut and the Barber told me that Brad only puts mustard on the hot dogs he sells to Make a Wish kids during the Bengal games. That monster.

Reply/Quote
Slave trade? Really? Last time I checked slaves aren't normally paid millions of dollars, live in mansions and drive around in million dollar automobiles. 
If those are the definition of slavery I sure hope I become a slave too..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote