Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lead Blocker
So with Ryan Hewitt now in Indy, who do you think will take the lead blocking role in short yardage packages?

Just a hunch, but I think it will end up being Jake Fisher.

You may recall that he finished out his rookie year as a FB, so we know it is not new to him to do so.

Who do you think will be the first to hit the hole?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 06:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So with Ryan Hewitt now in Indy, who do you think will take the lead blocking role in short yardage packages?

You may recall that he finished out his rookie year as a FB, so we know it is not new to him to do so.

Maybe Carson.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 06:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So with Ryan Hewitt now in Indy, who do you think will take the lead blocking role in short yardage packages?

A yet to be determined Colts defender.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Schreck.
Reply/Quote
Maybe they will use Tupou like they used to use Peko.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 09:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: Maybe they will use Tupou like they used to use Peko.

Fundamentally, I'm against using guys like DTs as lead blockers for an occasional play.  First of all, it's like a dead giveaway as to what is coming next.  Second, if you're not getting any movement with your OL and an H-B, you're probably just going to end up with a bigger pile of bodies two yards behind the line..

Sure, it was fun to watch Peko destroy Polamalu that one time.  But, at that time we had a much better run blocking offense.

So, I guess I'd prefer to see someone like Kroft or Shrek show a little versatility.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hated to see Hewitt depart.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

It is a good question with Hewitt gone. They must of seen something out of Schreck who i think looked good in
Preseason but as you say Fisher has played FB before and is a bigger dude. Just wasn't impressed with him this
PS like i was Schreck, Kroft is a thought here of course too.

That said....

BILLINGS!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
It'll be Ceej, no doubt about it.

Aside from Hewitt and Carter, he's the only rostered guy who we've ever put back there in the past 5 seasons.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 12:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It'll be Ceej, no doubt about it.

Aside from Hewitt and Carter, he's the only rostered guy who we've ever put back there in the past 5 seasons.

Not sure who Ceej is?   I think they should put OB back there, he has spent many plays back in our backfield..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 12:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is a good question with Hewitt gone. They must of seen something out of Schreck who i think looked good in
Preseason but as you say Fisher has played FB before and is a bigger dude. Just wasn't impressed with him this
PS like i was Schreck, Kroft is a thought here of course too.

That said....

BILLINGS!!! Rock On

I just don't see Schreck being active unless one of our other TE's gets injured.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 01:07 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not sure who Ceej is?   I think they should put OB back there, he has spent many plays back in our backfield..... Hilarious

CJ Uzomah

(09-07-2018, 01:10 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: I just don't see Schreck being active unless one of our other TE's gets injured.

Could be correct. But he played pretty well this PS and there are reasons we cut Hewitt. He could be a big part of it.

BTW, i was joking about Billings even though with his nasty disposition it could be fun seeing him slamming Steelers
to the ground like Peko did with Polamalu. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 01:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: CJ Uzomah

Could be correct. But he played pretty well this PS and there are reasons we cut Hewitt. He could be a big part of it.

BTW, i was joking about Billings even though with his nasty disposition it could be fun seeing him slamming Steelers
to the ground like Peko did with Polamalu.
[size] Smirk [/size]

One of my favorite plays ever !
Reply/Quote

The one time I saw Fisher do it he was devastating!   I always wondered why they didn't use him again.   Plus he can catch.

Given their history they won't.  But that's what I'd do.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 12:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It'll be Ceej, no doubt about it.

Agreed, Truck.  But Schreck did do it a couple times in the preseason.  Someone else pointed out he might not be active, but with Carter out he just might be for special teams. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 03:33 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: My wife, who grew up in Cincy too, before we moved to Montana swore Skyline was the most vile food in existence. We moved back for family reasons for two years, and I asked her to give Skyline another try. She now swears it has an addictive agent. First stop we make when we fly back is at Skyline's. Rely on the cans here in Montana. It's NOT the same.

(09-08-2018, 08:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed, Truck.  But Schreck did do it a couple times in the preseason.  Someone else pointed out he might not be active, but with Carter out he just might be for special teams. 

Mhm. As I wrote in the PS game thread, I'd have him active on gameday, mainly teams and have him rotate with Kroft and Ceej, with Schreck getting the fewest snaps.

Think the team will do the same, but we'll see.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
How much will RH help the Colts D gameplan against the Bengals?
Reply/Quote