Poll: ?
Dalton is a legitimate team leader.
Dalton is a try-hard/fake leader, and NFL players can detect that.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leadership is earned, not appointed.
(08-26-2015, 12:29 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Anybody that thinks Dalton has leadership qualities is absolutely kidding themselves. The guy is a joke.

Yawn
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 02:45 PM)Interceptor Wrote: His short/medium throws were more crisp than Dalton's.

??? Not really?

He called the same plays to throw to tight ends or running backs out of the backfield. Then he stared down Kumerow those slant routes he ran. Seriously, watch that game and see how far away that corner is from Kumerow. And McCarron still hesitated at first glance.

He didn't look crisp. He looked like a rookie who was getting it to running backs and tight ends out of the backfield quickly.

Plus, he had Little and Moore open on passes and he completely misses them.

But he's a rookie, in a sense. But I didn't see anything I liked honestly.
Reply/Quote
I'm with the Dalton guys...regular season wins = leadership

Matt Ryan must have attended some sort of "How to stop being a leader" seminar after winning like 58 games in his first 5 years and then 10 in the next two!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I agree that we don't know what the dynamic really is inside the team.

My only point is that it is the team who decides who it's paying attention to and who fires the group up. You cannot appoint this person. It just happens.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 07:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If leadership is defined on how the team performs then we have different leaders every year.  Some seasons guys are good leaders then next year they are not.

Doesn't seem like a great way to define leadership to me.

It looks like Boomer was only a good leader for one season in his entire 14 year career.  Other than the '88 season Boomer was 68-89 as a starter.  And of the 11 other years where he started more than 5 games he only had 2 winning seasons.
BTW, spin boy, in the interest of the truth, Boomer was 62-61 as a Bengal starter.  Now tell me how bad Kenny was.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Very few QB's give rah rah speeches if you think about it.

Brees... Brady.... Those are the good ones I can think of.

Peyton surely isn't motivating his team through rah rah speeches.

Aaron Rodgers is doing it through photobombing.

Big Ben doesn't hype the team up.

There are numerous ways to be a leader, and Andy has his way.. None of us work with the guy so to make any attempt to judge his leadership, character, or relationships with coaches/players is a shot in the dark.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 02:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm with the Dalton guys...regular season wins = leadership

Matt Ryan must have attended some sort of "How to stop being a leader" seminar after winning like 58 games in his first 5 years and then 10 in the next two!

Interestingly enough, I'm with the McCarron guys ... anything that supports my opinion = leadership

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 09:06 AM)McC Wrote: BTW, spin boy, in the interest of the truth, Boomer was 62-61 as a Bengal starter. 

10 years as a Bengal with one playoff appearance.  In the 8 years that he started more than 5 games with the Bengals he had a winning record 3 times.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Interestingly enough, I'm with the McCarron guys ... anything that supports my opinion = leadership

Ninja

That's the Andy guys, McCarron guys, and basically any other player in the NFL guys.

Leadership arguments are always hilarious.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 10 years as a Bengal with one playoff appearance.  In the 8 years that he started more than 5 games with the Bengals he had a winning record 3 times.

Wrong.  He also went to the playoffs in 1990.  I can google and, evidently, better than you.  Apparently, if you ain't lying or distorting, you ain't talking.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote