Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leading Rusher on SB Winning Teams
(02-09-2023, 03:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: And Mixon can't pass block

of course, but if the run game was actually working, cincy wouldnt have to pass as much
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 03:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: of course, but if the run game was actually working, cincy wouldnt have to pass as much

They might not have to, but they still might choose to.

Regardless, let's not act like Perine was head and shoulders better than Mixon as a runner.

Regular Season:
Perine YPC - 4.1
Mixon YPC - 3.9

Playoffs:
Perine YPC - 4.1
Mixon YPC - 4.2

I think both would have done better if the OL was able to actually be physical at the LOS and open up holes better.
I realize Pollack can't turn water into wine, but he hasn't exactly morphed the abysmal running game into a good one.

While I want the running game to improve and think it should be relatively easy to find a 4.0+ YPC RB for this offense that doesn't cost a lot, I don't want this offense morphed into a heavy running offense. I always find those offenses less exciting than pass-heavy offenses.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 10:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That hasn't been true for years, because it is Katie and Troy. They have cut a ton of people under contract over the last 4 years.

EDIT:
Vontaze Burfict
Preston Brown
Cordy Glenn
Andy Dalton
BW Webb
Dre Kirkpatrick
John Miller
Geno Atkins
Giovani Bernard
Bobby Hart
Trey Hopkins
Trae Waynes

All released by the Bengals while under contract since 2019.

I don't know man..  All those guys had problems or wanted out.  I'd still bet they don't cut him.  if the gun thing didn't just happen I'd be real sure but that could make them feel as if they don't owe him anything.  

and I kinda hope they do cut him, just don't think they will
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 09:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote:
This year will mark the 9th year in a row that the leading rusher on a SB winning team makes 2% or less of the team's cap.

Joe Mixon counts toward 5.61% of the cap next year.

I knew that most Super Bowl winning teams were more pass-heavy, but I didn't realize it was this severe.

Does this sway anyone one way or the other with keeping Mixon?

Leading rusher on the 2013-14 Seahawks was Marshawn

That aside, I am all for cutting bait with Mixon and going a cheaper route.

Edit: I thought it meant for the whole season, not the game itself.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 10:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Unfortunately, as much as the team is doing things totally different these days, I have a feeling they will be overly loyal to Mixon and let him finish out his current contract. He’s well liked by both the FO and in the locker room, and they probably let his intangibles overvalue him as a player.

Don't be too sure about all of this.  Only one player voiced his displeasures multiple times in the locker room this season.  Enough to become annoying.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 09:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Don't be too sure about all of this.  Only one player voiced his displeasures multiple times in the locker room this season.  Enough to become annoying.

Pratt also had his moments. We’ll see though. I hope they do the smart thing.

Reply/Quote
We know of one with Pratt. Joe had several moments while we were winning.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 11:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We know of one with Pratt. Joe had several moments while we were winning.

I’m not talking about the Pratt/Ossai thing, I’m referring to Pratt whining on Twitter about being taken off the field for 3rd downs (which happened during the winning streak). He’s lucky Lou took that as well as he did.

Again, I hope you’re right.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 11:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not talking about the Pratt/Ossai thing, I’m referring to Pratt whining on Twitter about being taken off the field for 3rd downs (which happened during the winning streak). He’s lucky Lou took that as well as he did.

Again, I hope you’re right.

Pratt's twitter is meh, he wants to play on 3rd downs no biggie.  Joe was actually mouthy multiple times in front of players according to what I heard.

Regardless, I pretty much see Joe here and Pratt gone, dont you?

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 11:40 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pratt's twitter is meh, he wants to play on 3rd downs no biggie.  Joe was actually mouthy multiple times in front of players according to what I heard.

Regardless, I pretty much see Joe here and Pratt gone, dont you?

Unfortunately.

Reply/Quote