Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
League Disrespect Continues
(05-15-2023, 01:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: The aftermath of 2015 solidified the notion for me. For starters, Shazier should've been flagged for the hit on Bernard, then definitely flagged for taunting afterwards. Jerry Porter should've been flagged, and offsetting penalties even the score. Munchack getting a fine for pulling Reggie Nelson's hair, only to have it quietly retracted before the 2016 season was icing on the cake.

Yes, there has always been a bias against us and for the stealers, always. This is the topper on why I dislike them and their fans
so much. Let alone them being dirty and trying to hurt players, especially ours.

(05-15-2023, 03:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We have had 9 the last 2 years so not sure we are disrespected, we are starting to sounding browns fans.. whining and whining

Whatever. We have been 1 of the top 3 teams in the NFL the last 2 years, we should have the MOST primetime games behind only
the Chiefs and Eagles. Maybe the 49ers can be in the discussion, but they don't have a QB remotely like us or these other 2 teams.

Comparing JJ22 to Browns fans is quite belittling Essex, not cool.

(05-15-2023, 05:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: How many have other Super Bowl appearing and Conference Championship teams had prior to the Bengals? Charges and JETS have 6 this year... and you applauding 4. We only had what 3 last year.... Folks math is funny given up until this season 1 of those (Thursday) was automatic.

Also are you comparing our record to the Browns? Why else would we be sound like them if not?

Cinci provides a great primetime environment and the Jungle has been on fire the last couple years. We just trying to highlight it and bring money and recognition to the City.

Agree with you here JJ22.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 12:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It would be really weird for the league to to start a new tradition where one team plays on a certain day every year. Kind of odd the Bengals even asked.

The Thanksgiving games have been grandfathered in since the beginning of time.

The Bengals weren't the only team that asked. Among a handful of other teams, the Jets have also been mentioned as expressing interest in being made the permanent host of the Black Friday game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37660954/jets-several-teams-interested-hosting-black-friday-game-annually

From the story in ESPN, and the comment about teams "raising their hands," I also get the impression that the league first broached the concept of an annual host, to which several teams raised their hands, and then the Bengals lobbied to be a host.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 12:43 PM)Nepa Wrote: The Bengals weren't the only team that asked. Among a handful of other teams, the Jets have also been mentioned as expressing interest in being made the permanent host of the Black Friday game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37660954/jets-several-teams-interested-hosting-black-friday-game-annually

From the story in ESPN, and the comment about teams "raising their hands," I also get the impression that the league first broached the concept of an annual host, to which several teams raised their hands, and then the Bengals lobbied to be a host.

I could have sworn I read somewhere, that the "Black Friday" game isn't played on Friday, is that true?
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 12:54 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I could have sworn I read somewhere, that the "Black Friday" game isn't played on Friday, is that true?

I think it will be a staple for the Friday after Thanksgiving. I'm surprised Amazon didn't advocate for renaming the following Monday Night Football as Cyber Monday Football.
Reply/Quote
As much as some of us may hate it, viewership is one of the most important factors in decisions about primetime/nationally-televised games.
And popularity/fan base plays a big part in viewership.

Bengals don't have the same popularity as most other teams because of location and lack of championships.
Bengals can't do much about the market unless they were able to relocate, so they'll need to win Super Bowl(s) to start gaining more popularity.
We didn't start seeing the Chiefs featured much until Mahomes took them on a 5+ year dynasty of being a perennial top contender to the AFCCG and multiple SB wins.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As much as some of us may hate it, viewership is one of the most important factors in decisions about primetime/nationally-televised games.

Bengals don't have the same popularity as most other teams because of location and lack of championships.
Bengals can't do much about the market unless they were able to relocate, so they'll need to win Super Bowl(s) to start gaining more popularity.
We didn't start seeing the Chiefs featured much until Mahomes took them on a 5+ year dynasty of being a perennial top contender to the AFCCG and multiple SB wins.

We are getting much more popular though and the Championships are soon to come with Burrow here...
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2023, 05:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: How many have other Super Bowl appearing and Conference Championship teams had prior to the Bengals? Charges and JETS have 6 this year... and you applauding 4. We only had what 3 last year.... Folks math is funny given up until this season 1 of those (Thursday) was automatic.

Also are you comparing our record to the Browns? Why else would we be sound like them if not?

Cinci provides a great primetime environment and the Jungle has been on fire the last couple years. We just trying to highlight it and bring money and recognition to the City.

We had 5 last year, too much whining out of our sports base I travel a good amount to games outside of cincy, hearing more from opposing fans of the Bengals acting very thin skinned, 9 prime time games in 2 years is not disrespect. Enough said moving on
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 06:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We are getting much more popular though and the Championships are soon to come with Burrow here...

That's the hope, but they're not there yet, and the league won't reward that until they see it.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 06:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's the hope, but they're not there yet, and the league won't reward that until they see it.

Agree. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As much as some of us may hate it, viewership is one of the most important factors in decisions about primetime/nationally-televised games.

The chiefs were on primetime a whole lot when Alex Smith was the starter, so that point was completely false.

Second, the bengals are being disrespected. The Indianapolis colts were given the primetime keys when Peyton got there. They kept putting colts/pats on Sunday night every year, even though before 2006, Peyton didn’t even reach a super bowl. Plus that “rivalry” was totally one sided. Oh, and Indianapolis isn’t a big market.

Burrow’s bengals in 3 years have accomplished more than Peyton’s colts have in their first 3 years. But the colts were propelled to the front of the league. The bengals are near the middle when it comes to exposure

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 06:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The chiefs were on primetime a whole lot when Alex Smith was the starter, so that point was completely false.

Second, the bengals are being disrespected. The Indianapolis colts were given the primetime keys when Peyton got there. They kept putting colts/pats on Sunday night every year, even though before 2006, Peyton didn’t even reach a super bowl. Plus that “rivalry” was totally one sided. Oh, and Indianapolis isn’t a big market.

Burrow’s bengals in 3 years have accomplished more than Peyton’s colts have in their first 3 years. But the colts were propelled to the front of the league. The bengals are near the middle when it comes to exposure

Well the networks have the numbers. But not having 6 PrimeTime games is ludicrous. Mahomes has the hardware. But I mean really with the triplets I can’t see how the networks can disrespect us. They are going to be sorry because we are going to have our best team. Especially with Volson and Mixon LOL
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Personally I don't care how many prime time games the Bengals ended up with. I prefer they just go about business and win as many games a possible no matter what time the games are played. Let Burrow and company defeat as many opponents as possible like silent assassins and if it doesn't happen in front of a huge market so be it. By the end of the regular season the W-L record matters more to me.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 06:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote:
The chiefs were on primetime a whole lot when Alex Smith was the starter, so that point was completely false.

When I look back at 2013 (Andy Reid's first year and they went 11-5), I see the Chiefs having only 2 primetime games.
In 2014, just 3 primetime games.
Only 2 primetime games in 2015.
4 primetime games in 2016.
It wasn't until 2017 that KC got 6 primetime games.
Mahomes took over as the fulltime starter the next year.

So it took until the 5th year with Reid as HC for the Chiefs to get 5+ primetime games.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 08:09 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Personally I don't care how many prime time games the Bengals ended up with.  I prefer they just go about business and win as many games a possible no matter what time the games are played.  Let Burrow and company defeat as many opponents as possible like silent assassins and if it doesn't happen in front of a huge market so be it.   By  the end of the regular season the W-L record matters more to me.

Well, that's just you.  I'd rather lose a Primetime game than win a 1 PM game........
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 09:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: When I look back at 2013 (Andy Reid's first year and they went 11-5), I see the Chiefs having only 2 primetime games.
In 2014, just 3 primetime games.
Only 2 primetime games in 2015.
4 primetime games in 2016.
It wasn't until 2017 that KC got 6 primetime games.
Mahomes took over as the fulltime starter the next year.

So it took until the 5th year with Reid as HC for the Chiefs to get 5+ primetime games.

4 is how many the burrow bengals have this year, and the alex smith chiefs had that in 2016

6 primetime games for the Smith Chiefs in 2017 is a hell of a lot. They didnt even give Burrow that amount last season coming off a super bowl appearance

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 08:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: 4 is how many the burrow bengals have this year, and the alex smith chiefs had that in 2016

6 primetime games for the Smith Chiefs in 2017 is a hell of a lot. They didnt even give Burrow that amount last season coming off a super bowl appearance

Which is so odd since Burrow is quickly becoming one of the most popular players in the NFL. You would think the NFL would want to market him as much as possible regardless of their bias against the Bengals. NFL loves their star QBs, they should want to feature one of the most popular ones as often as possible. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote