Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Republicans...
know what "separation of powers" means?

Do they live by it?

Would they support an attack on it?

Asking for a friend
Yes. (Always excited to see your threads pop up.)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Yes. But typically only when a Dem is POTUS.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(03-07-2019, 12:04 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: know what "separation of powers" means?

Do they live by it?

Would they support an attack on it?

Asking for a friend

Heck they don't even care about breaking laws.  As long as it was done before being elected.

Oh, and as long as it's not a Democrat that did it.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/12/13/1818969/-Most-senior-Republican-Senator-says-I-don-t-care-if-Trump-broke-the-law

Quote:With Donald Trump’s longtime personal lawyer sentenced to 36 months in prison and the president himself implicated in numerous federal and state crimes, Sen. Hatch was asked about his feelings on the matter by CNN’s Manu Raju. You know, since it’s kind of a big deal having a suspected treasonous criminal acting as the president of the United States of America and all.

Quote:Hatch: I don’t care. All I can say is that he’s doing a good job as president. 

Raju: It doesn’t bother you, these crimes he was alleged to be involved with, the president?

Hatch
: No, because I don’t think he was involved in crimes. But even then, you know, you can make anything a crime under the current laws. If you want to you can blow it way out of proportion. You can do a lot of things.
All I can say is this: President Trump, before he became president—that’s another world. 

Hatch’s argument is that the Trump allegations of criminal misconduct are from “the past.” By Hatch’s definition of the past, what you just read in the last sentence is now “in the past.” I would prefer you don’t hold me to the paragraph above this one, because I was younger then, and this is now. Besides being an obviously dumb thing to say, Sen. Hatch clearly knows better because a.) He used to be a goddamn lawyer, and b.) he’s a part of the LEGISLATIVE BRANCH of the single most powerful democracy in the world. This is the branch that shape and creates and fixes the “laws.”

Calling Orrin Hatch a hypocrite at this point does not scratch the surface of how utterly vacant he is ethically. He is the moral equivalent of soot. Sen. Hatch, as I’ve written before, is one of the first public figures—along with Alfonse D'Amato—I remember my parents warning me about. “He’s not a good man,” my dad said—uncharacteristic for my kind father, I might add—about Hatch, who was on television probably mouthng some lie about how great the newly-elected Ronald Reagan was.

You can watch a man who has given up all pretense of caring about the job he has made his life’s career in the video below.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-08-2019, 12:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Heck they don't even care about breaking laws.  As long as it was done before being elected.

Oh, and as long as it's not a Democrat that did it.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/12/13/1818969/-Most-senior-Republican-Senator-says-I-don-t-care-if-Trump-broke-the-law

Which crimes has he been implicated in and which acts are potentially treasonous?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-08-2019, 03:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Which crimes has he been implicated in and which acts are potentially treasonous?

Doesn't matter because they "don't care".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.