Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Leave Cincinnati - Bengals
Would you mind if the Bengals left the City and never came back? I know this is a topic of discussion through the years but there is a time when there is a point when even the die hard fans have to say this is not working for the City or the People.

Here is a link that I found interesting enough as long as we have the Reds and keep downtown nice with other entertainment would anyone really truly miss the Bengals after the initial feeling of sentiment wore off?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/01/bengals-cincinnati-politician-tweets-future-without-nfl-team/2444123001/
Reply/Quote
I honestly wouldnt care if they did. As I have said, being a Bengals fan is nothing more than a side hobby anymore for me, and hobbies come & go over time. There are a lot more better things in life to enjoy and to do than being a fan of a Mike Brown ran company.

Dont get me wrong. If the Bengals were ran as a first class organization with a decent winning history in the last 30 years, while also not doing shrewd deals screwing over the city to get what they want, then I would feel different and would hate to see them leave.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nope. I'd move on to college football, which in all honesty would probably be better for my blood pressure.

Sometimes, it's better to enjoy things without the emotional investment. Be able to appreciate games for what they are.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
As I said in another thread...
The thought of them leaving Cincinnati used to terrify me.
Now, I think it would be a relief.
Reply/Quote
I just wish Mike Brown would sell the team to Mark Cuban.I'm not a fan cincinatti or Mike Brown I'm a fan of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Football is generally dieing for me, with no aid from the Bengals.

I used to really care about fantasy football, as my entire family played. It was how I bonded with my father. Well, he no longer wants to participate and we don't really talk football anymore. The family is 'meh' on FF, and football altogether

All I really had left was my personal love for the Bengals, but that has been tough to even care about when you watch this team.

Hopefully in a few years something happens (Mike Brown dies) and this franchise sees some wholesale changes.

If leaving Cinci gives us that 'spark' to be a relevant team... sure!
Reply/Quote
Personally wouldn't care.
I stop dedicating time to watch the Bengals once I feel they won't make the playoffs (as with all sports), especially now that I don't live in a market where I get the games on local TV.
Until the Bengals becoming exciting again, I'll focus on fantasy football with NFL Red Zone.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Personally wouldn't care.
I stop dedicating time to watch the Bengals once I feel they won't make the playoffs (as with all sports), especially now that I don't live in a market where I get the games on local TV.
Until the Bengals becoming exciting again, I'll focus on fantasy football with NFL Red Zone.

My thoughts as well. I already don’t go to games. My interest in this team declines a little every year. Their ineptitude is what got me into fantasy football.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up in Europe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Huh, seems I’m in the minority.

I grew up in Cincy, live in Cali now. I miss it, and I love the Bengals being there. So yes, I would be sad. Tough spot to be in. But if they moved, I think I’d still be a fan of them.

I love football, but I love Cincy far and away more than any other team.
Reply/Quote
Here's how I look at it:

The Bengals have been here my whole life (32 years) and Ive never seen them win a damn thing. If they left tomorrow, would anything really change?

If they left, then there's a chance a new team and ownership comes to the city - so there's that.

To answer your question - would I mind if they left? No, I wouldnt.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:12 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Would you mind if the Bengals left the City and never came back?  I know this is a topic of discussion through the years but there is a time when there is a point when even the die hard fans have to say this is not working for the City or the People.  

Here is a link that I found interesting enough as long as we have the Reds and keep downtown nice with other entertainment would anyone really truly miss the Bengals after the initial feeling of sentiment wore off?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/01/bengals-cincinnati-politician-tweets-future-without-nfl-team/2444123001/

This is dumb and you should feel bad.
Reply/Quote
No way! I couldn’t imagine not having Team in Cincinnati, I love the Bengals no matter what.
Reply/Quote
Yes. I would be upset. I don't like the way the franchise is run and I certainly don't like the results on the field...

BUT

From a civic pride standpoint we are one of very few cities that can boast three professional teams and that's a point of pride for me.

You can argue about how "professional" any of them currently are, but we have MLB, NFL, and now, MLS. I think it would be a blow to our already fragile provincial psyche.

My two cents
Reply/Quote
At one point, this would have been something I wouldn't even have considered, but now as I look at the future and realize that even after that useless ass mikey boy passing on, he is just handing the team over to the female version of himself and her moron husband who has no idea what he is doing in the front office, but thankfully his daddy in law gave him a job so he doesn't have to get a real job.

As long as it meant the stench of all of that family left with it, then so be it. Maybe we never get another NFL team, so be it, I'll follow FC Cincinnati a team that actually seems to care about winning, and makes changes and strives to be better.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I love the Bengals! I really dislike MB and the Blackburn's. I would prefer that the Bengals stay in Cincy, but the ownership change hands.
Ask yourself this; if Mike Brown were to get an even better offer, would he hesitate to move the team? Personally, I don't think he would bat an eyelash having to choose between his father's beloved Ohio or money. He will take the money and tax breaks everytime!!
Reply/Quote
Maybe we get an expansion team and MB is gone. The NFL felt sorry for Cleveland and gave them one. I think we put up with MB for years so we also deserve a PITY FRANCHISE. The only problem is where is MB going to go? We need to search for a landing spot for MB. There is a place in the Cayman Islands called HELL. MB could just go to HELL.
Reply/Quote
The future of Bengals ownership:

Troy Blackburn Wrote:For those who say you shouldn’t have signed Bobby Hart, who is going to play right tackle? Who? Oh, maybe you’ll draft one in the third round and he’ll come on. Really? You’re going to bet your season on that? We may still draft somebody. We haven’t had the draft yet. But you just can’t criticize. In our business you have to solve the problem. If you’re not going to play him, tell me who? Trent Brown at $17 million? Really? A seventh-round draft pick? Let go essentially by his team. Really? We can’t go to WalMart and buy off the shelf. A high quality starting right tackle? That doesn’t exist (in free agency). You have to deal in the universe of options you have. We ended up signing eight guys. That’s probably above average. Were they perfect? You’re not going to get perfect. …

Troy Blackburn Wrote:He’s [Kwon Alexander] played one full year out of four. Good athlete and we’ve got coaches connected with him that talk positively about him. Does that make him a $14- 15 million a year guy? Wow. We hear everything the fans say. We understand it, we respect it, we process it. But remember. We have a finite set of options we can pursue.

Troy Blackburn's text to Andrew Whitworth's agent:

Quote:We don’t have Andrew valued at that price. He is an aging left tackle. Our offer stands. It will not increase. If he chooses to leave Cincinnati, all good things must come to an end, I guess.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Well if we didn't care would we post on this message board? I care, but I think the Bengals and the city(Hamilton County) will do what's in their best interest when the lease expires. Will the County still see the Bengals as an asset to the city? Will the Bengals look for greener pastures? I just don't see Mike Brown and family getting another sweetheart deal from the county.
In January of 1982 the day of Super Bowl XVI, I was a 10 year old boy and a nervous wreck. The whole day leading up to the game, I kept saying, "We got to win!", We got to win!" I was so worked up I almost threw up before the game. When we lost, I cried and thought it was the end of the world. Fast forward to January 1989 Superbowl XXIII, I was a teenager when the Bengals lost a second time to the 49ers. I didn't cry this time, just angry and frustrated, but figured we would be back in another Superbowl before too long and finally win one. Well fast forward to today, a 47 year old man that has been beaten down by the Mike Brown led Cincinnati Bengals for almost 3 decades, so would I cry if they left? No I would not. Would I get angry if they left? I really don't think so. I would just be a little sad, like saying goodbye to an old friend.
Reply/Quote
Native Cincinnatian here. I wouldn't follow them. I'd be a free agent fan. Bears perhaps. Be a nice spot to hang out a couple times a season.
Reply/Quote
I’ve posted on here earlier this year that if this looked like it was going back to the 90’s that this would be my last year as a Bengals fan. Life’s just too short to always be pissed about a football team. I’m not a fair weather fan and won’t jump to another team, I just never feel like ownership tries that hard to win. Why should I care if ownership doesn’t? Anyways, this is looking like the 90’s, I’m just train wreck watching right now. I’m stuck with the Reds for like but not the Bengals.
Reply/Quote