Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Left-Wing Media Is Ruining My High School
(01-21-2019, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here are the boys own words

"The protestor everyone has seen in the video began playing his drum as he waded into the crowd, which parted for him. I did not see anyone try to block his path."

So if everyone else moved out of his way why didn't this boy?  Why create a conflict when he did not have to?  Everyone else got it.  Why didn't he?

Standing still and trying to diffuse a situation when a man is obviously trying to create conflict is creating conflict?

You'll have to explain that one to me.
(01-21-2019, 01:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Because they wanted to?  Because they're at a rally with political connotations and therefore they chose to wear clothing that demonstrated their political affiliation?  Maybe we should ban teenagers from wearing MAGA hats like John Yarmuth D-KY wants to, because that's not an infringement of the 1A at all.

I see a lot of people asking where the adults were.  Is the Native American man who intentionally got in these kids faces not an adult?  Is he not responsible for creating the situation?  As for the smile, I guess you can't even smile anymore, it's an aggressive act.  Twitter idiots, including prominent Dem politicians are calling these kids out.  Some are asking for them to be doxed, some are asking for them to be physically attacked.  Some are complaining about their weaponized smirks of privilege.  Also, shame on that old man for blatantly lying about what happened.  

This incident is a line in the sand for me.  It really shows just how skewed the media is and how insane the far left has become.  If you have any issue with these kids then you're part of the problem, and it's not an insignificant one.

Personally, I have no issue with kids. They are kids and they do what kids do. If their parents and adults in their lives fill their minds with certain thoughts, such as the need for children to appear at political rallies, becoming indoctrinated in religious or political ideologies or even racist, sexist or other behaviors, then that really isn't the kids' fault. The fault would lie with the adults who feel so incredibly insecure in the base tenets and merits of whatever belief they are pressing that they feel it necessary to force feed it to a younger generation (since, obviously, they won't pick it up on their own in the future if it isn't forced down their throats).
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Seems like Mike Mitchell made a great decision to leave Covington if this is the culture he experienced there. Ninja
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-21-2019, 01:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Standing still and trying to diffuse a situation when a man is obviously trying to create conflict is creating conflict?

You'll have to explain that one to me.

Okay I'll explain.

Step aside and let the Native American pass.  Then there is no conflict.  No one else had a problem with the Native American because they just let him pass.  The Native was trying to diffuse a tense situation between some African Americans and the teens.  He was not trying to create any type of conflict.  Everyone else there seemed to understand.  That is why they all stepped aside to let him pass.
(01-21-2019, 01:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He did smile at one point, which is different than smiling the entire time, which you made it sound like.

Also, he was smiling to let the guy know that he wasn't intimidated, which you pointed out in that quote, which is ironic because you, and all the other haters, are saying that he was smiling out of arrogance and to be a punk.

Hilarious.

I'll send you a shiny new dime if you can share the quote where I said he was smiling out of arrogance and to be a punk.

(01-21-2019, 01:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They were yelling at the kids, which is what started it all, but thanks for pointing out that you have no clue what really happened and you're just hating to hate.

No problem. Trying to be fair to both sides. Try it sometime.

(01-21-2019, 01:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And it was 2 or 3 kids doing the tomahawk chop, which isn't right, but it's also just because they thought that was the only way to go along with the man beating his drum.

And it was one or two people yelling at the kids. Two wrong don't make a right. I said that makes those people wrong.

(01-21-2019, 01:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Getting the bus!  And what did you want the chaperones to do anyways?!
You keep failing worse and worse...........

Supervise the kids like they are supposed to do?

To see that this is a situation where and adult and a teen are very close and there is tension in the air (from the earlier conflict with the third group) and make sure the kids are safe. It's not a hard concept.

(01-21-2019, 01:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ok, not mad, but condemning and criticizing after jumping to conclusions.

The only thing I criticized were the students (and adults on the other side) that got out of line and the adults with the students who did not do anything at all except watch.

(01-21-2019, 01:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think the mad would have been a nicer description, but thanks for fixing it.

No problem.

(01-21-2019, 01:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Actually, I DO KNOW!

This is a tight community and I know a few of those boys and the rest all have great reputations in the area.

Thank you for arguing my case!

(In fact, one of the kids standing there like "what's going on," is my cousin's son, and I definitely know that he's a great kid.)

And, clearly, not all the kids acted up.

Reading what I posted would show I said most teens will act the fool without supervision. Everyone of us that has been a teen will attest to that and to the fact that some do not act the fool.

(01-21-2019, 01:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They were standing there in a group!  They weren't interacting until the black men started calling them "racists," "bigots," "white crackers," "faggots," and "incest kids."

That is the third group involved. While I know is some circles just ignoring idiots is seen as weak if the students started yelling back the adults with them needed to step in.

[quote='BFritz21' pid='671828' dateline='1548088983']So you want the chaperones to supervise the children getting yelled at?!

Steelers fans..............

I know..."Steelers fans" expecting the people tasked with supervising children to actual supervise the children when a group of other people is yelling and cursing at them. What a world, eh?

(01-21-2019, 01:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They were doing school spirit chants!  That's what our school is most know for!  We've won awards for school spirit and for cheering sections at sporting events!

You're continuing to show how clueless you are!

Yeah, no way I could know how teenage boys acted in groups. Mellow

Not sure how the school chant fit into being respectful while the gentleman was playing his drum but you can go with that if you like.

I'll say, for the last time, it wasn't ALL the students or ALL the adults.

(01-21-2019, 01:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've pointed out that everything you posted is stupid and misguided, just like all the other haters.

Thank you, though, because I'm sure a lot of other people are as misinformed as you were.

You seem obsessed with "hate" that isn't there.

I hope you have a better day.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-21-2019, 01:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Unless one feels that standing and smiling is wrong.

When I see al elderly person walking through a crowd and everyone else steps aside to let him pass I do also.  So it seems like everyone else in that crowd agrees with me, while you seem bound and determined to defend the boy.

Must be the hat.
Actually, as confrontational as the situation might have appeared, I think it is important to note that it did not escalate into something worse. That shows constraint from both sides, or perhaps the situation wasn't as emotional as some think.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(01-21-2019, 01:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay I'll explain.

Step aside and let the Native American pass.  Then there is no conflict.  No one else had a problem with the Native American because they just let him pass.  The Native was trying to diffuse a tense situation between some African Americans and the teens.  He was not trying to create any type of conflict.  Everyone else there seemed to understand.  That is why they all stepped aside to let him pass.

He couldn't walk around the kid?  He's the adult.  If he's not trying to create conflict, walk around.
just can't muster 2 shits about this incident. im just getting sick of videos of shitty kids being forced upon me all the time. nothing happens here. kid smiled, dude played a drum. piss poor.

is that kid a little shithead with a punchable face? yeah. could have told you that without seeing the video. you give me a zipcode, age and gender and ill tell you off the top of my head an inherent prick level and punchability score.

but freaking out about this complete non-event, in either direction, is an mystifying overreaction.
(01-21-2019, 01:59 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Actually, as confrontational as the situation might have appeared, I think it is important to note that it did not escalate into something worse. That shows constraint from both sides, or perhaps the situation wasn't as emotional as some think.

This.  While I think the boy was wrong he didn't say a word or play up to the crowd in any way.
(01-21-2019, 02:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He couldn't walk around the kid?  He's the adult.  If he's not trying to create conflict, walk around.

Like I said.  Everyone else there got it.  And I get it also.  When I see an old man walking through a crowd and everyone else steps aside to let him pass I do also.  Why be a rude asshole when you don't have to?
(01-21-2019, 01:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I disagree here. I think the behavior of some of them was out of line when you look at all of the events in that incident in context. Now, the level of the response to it all was highly uncalled for. Doxxing, threats of violence, these are not things that should be done to anyone, let alone a teenager that was caught up in a rough situation and hasn't matured enough to know how best to handle it. But there is a huge difference between having an issue with their behavior and engaging in those activities.

An adult manufactured an encounter with a group of teenagers.  The kids responded to being taunted by another group by singing their school song.  They deny chanting "build that wall" and the complete video does not show them doing so.  Considering these are teenagers deliberately put in an awkward confrontation by an adult I think they handled themselves well.  What's your opinion on his weaponized smirk btw?

(01-21-2019, 01:52 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Personally, I have no issue with kids. They are kids and they do what kids do. If their parents and adults in their lives fill their minds with certain thoughts, such as the need for children to appear at political rallies, becoming indoctrinated in religious or political ideologies or even racist, sexist or other behaviors, then that really isn't the kids' fault.

Knowing you for as long as I have I'm certain you have the exact same reaction to parents bringing their kids to the women's march as well.   That being said, teenagers are able to form their own opinions, and frequently rebel against those of their parents.  I'm not saying they always have well thought out opinions, but they're old enough to have their own, separate from their parents.

Quote:The fault would lie with the adults who feel so incredibly insecure in the base tenets and merits of whatever belief they are pressing that they feel it necessary to force feed it to a younger generation (since, obviously, they won't pick it up on their own in the future if it isn't forced down their throats).

Eh, I think you're going way too far here.  My parents made me go to church until I turned eighteen.  They did so because it was important to them that I was exposed to their religion.  It didn't work, I've never been to church since I turned eighteen, but I can understand their reasoning.  Part of being a parent is providing a solid moral and social framework for them to grow from.  Being conservative isn't analogous to being in the Westboro Baptist Church or being a radical islamist.
(01-21-2019, 02:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He couldn't walk around the kid?  He's the adult.  If he's not trying to create conflict, walk around.

[Image: ny-1548076907-uh1tv8pvgr-snap-image]
Photo evidence that the kid is blocking the NA with no way out. Of course there's no one to prevent to NA from simply moving a 1/4" to his left where no one is standing actively blocking him. When folks try to place the blame in the situation on the kid and not the adult; they but their rationality into question. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-21-2019, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: ny-1548076907-uh1tv8pvgr-snap-image]
Photo evidence that the kid is blocking the NA with no way out. Of course there's no one to prevent to NA from simply moving a 1/4" to his left where no one is standing actively blocking him. When folks try to place the blame in the situation on the kid and not the adult; they but their rationality into question. 

Why did everyone else step aside to let the Native American pass by?

Why did the boy refuse?

Are you saying that everyone there was acting irrationally except this one single boy?

What did you teach your children to do when they saw an old person walking through a crowd and everyone else steps aside to let the old person pass?  Stand their ground with a smart ass smirk on their faces?
(01-21-2019, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Photo evidence that the kid is blocking the NA with no way out. Of course there's no one to prevent to NA from simply moving a 1/4" to his left where no one is standing actively blocking him. When folks try to place the blame in the situation on the kid and not the adult; they but their rationality into question. 

The kid shouldn't have charged at him. The Elder was defending his space. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-21-2019, 02:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why did everyone else step aside to let the Native American pass by?

Why did the boy refuse?

Are you saying that everyone there was acting irrationally except this one single boy?

What did you teach your children to do when they saw an old person walking through a crowd and everyone else steps aside to let the old person pass?  Stand their ground with a smart ass smirk on their faces?

If you watch the full video he's not trying to walk by, he's trying to get in the face of these kids so he can manufacture exactly what happened.  He approached them, he walked into their group, he started this whole, idiotic encounter.  A grown ass man, close to seventy years old and you're mad at the teenagers.  Insanity seems to be becoming the norm.
(01-21-2019, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Like I said.  Everyone else there got it.  And I get it also.  When I see an old man walking through a crowd and everyone else steps aside to let him pass I do also.  Why be a rude asshole when you don't have to?

Because he got to the middle of the crowd and they were all up against stairs.

You can see the kids behind him were elevated.
(01-21-2019, 02:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you watch the full video he's not trying to walk by, he's trying to get in the face of these kids so he can manufacture exactly what happened.  He approached them, he walked into their group, he started this whole, idiotic encounter.  A grown ass man, close to seventy years old and you're mad at the teenagers.  Insanity seems to be becoming the norm.

The boy admits that the rest of the crowd parted for him.  If these boys had done the same there would have been no conflict.

Why didn't they just do what everyone else had done?
(01-21-2019, 02:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The kid shouldn't have charged at him. The Elder was defending his space. 

I sincerely hope this is sarcasm.
(01-21-2019, 02:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because he got to the middle of the crowd and they were all up against stairs.

You can see the kids behind him were elevated.

What Bfine and myself see is plenty of room for him to step aside and let the man pass just like everyone else did.

Why do you think everyone else stepped aside to let the guy pass?