Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Left-Wing Media Is Ruining My High School
(01-21-2019, 03:31 PM)Benton Wrote: The parent should have let the black guys know these are just high school kids and asked then to refrain from calling them slurs. If they persisted, the adult should have flagged down an officer.

Instead, there was a lot of heckling and name calling. Apparently by design.

All things considered the situation was rather tame. Whether that was due to adult influence, we may never know. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-21-2019, 03:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As i said earlier: There were kids being disrespectful; however, the kid that is making all the news was not. I further stated I felt the Elder's intentions were pure and he simply wanted to spread peace. 

Folks just take a viral image and run with it unfortunately. 

I think the kid was trying to be intentionally awkward in his response, but that's not really a crime and it's not even on the list of behaviors I'd be upset about in this entire incident. It's a goofy teen being goofy. I think the elder was deliberate in his standing in front of them because to him he was trying to "heal". Obviously that wasn't really conveyed. How are these kids suppose to know what you're doing?

I honestly hope this gives people new perspective on past judgements. Are we equal in our condemnation? 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-21-2019, 03:37 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPmzRa-sXQs

Are you making fun of white people who call the cops on black people for doing nothing? 
(01-21-2019, 03:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think the kid was trying to be intentionally awkward in his response, but that's not really a crime and it's not even on the list of behaviors I'd be upset about in this entire incident. It's a goofy teen being goofy. I think the elder was deliberate in his standing in front of them because to him he was trying to "heal". Obviously that wasn't really conveyed. How are these kids suppose to know what you're doing?

I honestly hope this gives people new perspective on past judgements. Are we equal in our condemnation? 

I guarantee it's an encounter the child will never forget. I just hope the hateful reaction by some do not turn him bitter toward the situation. That's where the parenting will come in. They have to realize there's just people who love to hate out there. 

(01-21-2019, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I guarantee it's an encounter the child will never forget. I just hope the hateful reaction by some do not turn him bitter toward the situation. That's where the parenting will come in. They have to realize there's just people who love to hate out there. 

I'm sure another 6 years of Trump will iron out all the self righteous anger this country has.  Oh crap, I said the T word.
(01-21-2019, 03:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think the kid was trying to be intentionally awkward in his response, but that's not really a crime and it's not even on the list of behaviors I'd be upset about in this entire incident. It's a goofy teen being goofy. I think the elder was deliberate in his standing in front of them because to him he was trying to "heal". Obviously that wasn't really conveyed. How are these kids suppose to know what you're doing?

What exactly is there to condemn other than the people who jumped on the hate train, threatened or tried to dox the kids, the producer who said they should be in a woodchipper and posted a drawing of it?

The kid, from what I can tell, was smiling to mask discomfort. 

The only condemnation that I can muster is towards Phillips for trying to stir the pot. 

I honestly don't think he was playing the drums to heal animosity. If he were, then he would've announced the intent behind playing the drums before doing it, because like you said, how is anyone supposed to know what his intention is? 

It's more likely that he was just trying to get an reaction. I think he was engaging in public trolling.
(01-21-2019, 03:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are you making fun of white people who call the cops on black people for doing nothing? 

That's a pink starfish calling a yellow sponge about a maniac that turned out to be aforementioned yellow sponge.  Please do not confuse this maniac with the hash slinging slasher.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-21-2019, 03:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are you making fun of white people who call the cops on black people for doing nothing? 

It could be used for that too. But I posted it here to make fun of the people claiming that the kids were somehow in the wrong because they were standing around.
(01-21-2019, 03:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: One thing we should all be able to agree on is that the initial reports were completely wrong and the reaction to the initial story, both from celebrities and politicians, was nauseating.  This is the second news story in around a week that the media completely screwed the pooch on, the Buzzfeed article that everyone jumped on being the other.

Seems like the MSM is trying really hard to earn that "fakenews" moniker.

I wouldn't consider BuzzFeed to be MSM, and I don't know how much screwing of the pooch actually occurred there. There are lots of opinions on what the statement from Mueller actually means and a lot of the reporting on it has been a little eye opening and seems to indicate their article was not entirely wrong, but got some key facts incorrect. Other reporting on the story was pretty much "according to BuzzFeed..."
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-21-2019, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I guarantee it's an encounter the child will never forget. I just hope the hateful reaction by some do not turn him bitter toward the situation. That's where the parenting will come in. They have to realize there's just people who love to hate out there. 

I think the elder should reach out and sit down with the students. They could all learn a lot.

(01-21-2019, 03:48 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: It could be used for that too. But I posted it here to make fun of the people claiming that the kids were somehow in the wrong because they were standing around.

Smirking teenagers are always wrong.  Why when I was their age if I smirked at an adult they'd beat my arse and teach me some respect, boy howdy.  Damn punk teens don't learn respect anymore because liberal snowflakes won't let adults beat em.

Teens these days have it too good.
(01-21-2019, 03:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The middle of one group isn't between the groups.  

He was trying to get in the middle of the whole situation and get the focus on him to defuse things. Walking through the crowd was the best way to do that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-21-2019, 03:47 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: What exactly is there to condemn other than the people who jumped on the hate train, threatened or tried to dox the kids, the producer who said they should be in a woodchipper and posted a drawing of it?

The only condemnation that I can muster is towards Phillips for trying to stir the pot. 

I honestly don't think he was playing the drums to heal animosity.
If he were, then he would've announced the intent behind playing the drums before doing it, because like you said, how is anyone supposed to know what his intention is? 

It's more likely that he was just trying to get an reaction. I think he was engaging in public trolling.

Then you haven't read anything and are just basing it on what you feel/think.

(01-21-2019, 03:48 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: It could be used for that too. But I posted it here to make fun of the people claiming that the kids were somehow in the wrong because they were standing around.

From what I saw anyone saying the students were "in the wrong" were referring to the chanting and tommyhawks not just because they were  "standing around".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-21-2019, 03:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And did the old guy ever say, "Excuse me I'd like to get through."?  That's what I say when someone is blocking my way..  I don't stand there and pound on a drum.

Apparently we need to reach out to this kid to see if he is interested in protecting Andy's blindside. There's just no getting around him even when he's standing still. 

(01-21-2019, 03:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Then you haven't read anything and are just basing it on what you feel/think.

From what I saw anyone saying the students were "in the wrong" were referring to the chanting and tommyhawks not just because they were  "standing around".

Are we looking at the same thread? 

(01-21-2019, 03:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Smirking teenagers are always wrong.  Why when I was their age if I smirked at an adult they'd beat my arse and teach me some respect, boy howdy.  Damn punk teens don't learn respect anymore because liberal snowflakes won't let adults beat em.

Teens these days have it too good.

When does this turn into "parents these days want to blame everyone else except their precious little snowflakes that do no wrong"?  Ninja

The whole thing is dumb.
(01-21-2019, 03:48 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: But I posted it here to make fun of the people claiming that the kids were somehow in the wrong because they were standing around.

Except the kids were not "standing around"  First they were in a screaming match with a group of African Americans and then when the Native approached they were whooping and hollering which appeared to be mocking the playing of the drum.

The African Hebrews were the ones inciting all the commotion.  The chaperons with the school group failed miserably in letting that situation elevate.  The kids were just reacting the way any group of kids would to verbal attacks.

The native just walked up playing his drum.  The kids were agitated and when the Africans seemed to indicate that the Native was on their side the kids became unruly.  The video just showed the worst part where the native was surrounded by school kids whooping and yelling.  It looked bad and was made worse by a description claiming that the kids just surrounded the peaceful native.
(01-21-2019, 03:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are we looking at the same thread? 

Other than the usual tit-for-tat you and Fred had about if the one person could have stepped aside.

I can't count you and Fred arguing as anything worth reading and then referring to usually.  Smirk
(01-21-2019, 03:47 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: What exactly is there to condemn other than the people who jumped on the hate train, threatened or tried to dox the kids, the producer who said they should be in a woodchipper and posted a drawing of it?

I honestly don't think he was playing the drums to heal animosity. If he were, then he would've announced the intent behind playing the drums before doing it, because like you said, how is anyone supposed to know what his intention is? 

I'm not saying there's anything to condemn outright (outside of the Black Hebrew Israelites), I'm saying that people don't seem to throw around condemnation in an equal manner. 

(01-21-2019, 03:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Then you haven't read anything and are just basing it on what you feel/think.

Thanks for your thoughtful insight. I'll put your well-informed and thoughtful response in my suggestion box.

Note: The suggestion box is taped to a wall, with the bottom carved out, and directly above a trash bin.