Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Left-Wing Media Is Ruining My High School
(01-21-2019, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Apparently we need to reach out to this kid to see if he is interested in protecting Andy's blindside. There's just no getting around him even when he's standing still. 

No kidding.  We always have guys just standing there, and the defense takes advantage of the ten feet of opening to get to the QB.  This kid Jedi mind tricks you into just standing there.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-21-2019, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Apparently we need to reach out to this kid to see if he is interested in protecting Andy's blindside. There's just no getting around him even when he's standing still. 

What exactly is your point?

If some one pooped on your front porch would it be okay because you can just step around it?
(01-21-2019, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except the kids were not "standing around"  First they were in a screaming match with a group of African Americans and then when the Native approached they were whooping and hollering which appeared to be mocking the playing of the drum.

The African Hebrews were the ones inciting all the commotion.  The chaperons with the school group failed miserably in letting that situation elevate.  The kids were just reacting the way any group of kids would to verbal attacks.

The native just walked up playing his drum.  The kids were agitated and when the Africans seemed to indicate that the Native was on their side the kids became unruly.  The video just showed the worst part where the native was surrounded by school kids whooping and yelling.  It looked bad and was made worse by a description claiming that the kids just surrounded the peaceful native.

Yep, that initial video and early reports made it look pretty bad.

I admit it got me pissed off...but within a few hours the rest had come out and I was glad I hadn't jumped on the "hate train".

Sometimes you have to wait and see.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-21-2019, 03:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not saying there's anything to condemn outright (outside of the Black Hebrew Israelites), I'm saying that people don't seem to throw around condemnation in an equal manner. 

The who?

Thanks for the clarity. My mistake.
(01-21-2019, 04:00 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Thanks for your thoughtful insight. I'll put your well-informed and thoughtful response in my suggestion box.

Note: The suggestion box is taped to a wall, with the bottom carved out, and directly above a trash bin.

Eh, if you don't want to read it all and just believe whatever you want thats on you.

Glad to offer an alternative!
(01-21-2019, 04:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What exactly is your point?

If some one pooped on your front porch would it be okay because you can just step around it?

I mean generally if someone is standing in a spot and there is ample room to go around them we don't just stand there and wait for them to move.  Setting aside the pounding of a drum in their face.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

A guy stands there beating a drum. A kid stands there watching and smirking at him. Media manufactured problem.
(01-21-2019, 03:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: Other than the usual tit-for-tat you and Fred had about if the one person could have stepped aside.

I can't count you and Fred arguing as anything worth reading and then referring to usually.  Smirk

(01-21-2019, 04:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Eh, if you don't want to read it all and just believe whatever you want thats on you.

Glad to offer an alternative!
What he said
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-21-2019, 04:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: A guy stands there beating a drum. A kid stands there watching and smirking at him. Media manufactured problem.

I'm surprised while they were focused on each other a bunch of illegals didn't sneak up and rape them all.
(01-21-2019, 03:26 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Except again, he wasn't doing it to pass.

If you look at an unedited version of the stream showing the events in real time, you see that Phillips had a clear path to his destination around the crowd that he could've taken.

He instead opts to go to the crowd and play his drum.

As I understand it, his goal was not to go "around" the crowd, but to get between them and the Hebrew Israelites, from which point he would chant healing prayers in the hopes of diminishing tension.  That was his story, anyway.

It looks to me like at least some of the teens began imitating his singing. That seems rather careless. Those using the tomahawk chop were, it appears, mocking him, as Trump supporters often do to Elizabeth Warren. That isn't ok because Hebrew Israelites 50 yards away were calling them "crackers" and "incest brood."  

I don't think the teen standing there smiling in his face was "just smiling" or "just standing there." In the US we normally don't get right up in the face of someone playing a musical instrument and singing. The teen's story is now that he too was trying to defuse tension, but I am not buying it. Looks to me like he is in the guy's face to be rude. Were I a chaperone, my response would not have been "He has a right to stand there and 'just' smile in that elderly man's face." My first thought would have been to disengage them from the situation--especially when I saw the tomahawk chops.

All the chanting and the guy ripping off his shirt, the tomahawk chops--none of that seems a particularly good response to the situation. This is certainly a teaching moment, so I do ask-- where were the chaperones?
(01-21-2019, 04:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No kidding.  We always have guys just standing there, and the defense takes advantage of the ten feet of opening to get to the QB.  This kid Jedi mind tricks you into just standing there.  

The kid is a proud graduate of the Paul Alexander blocking academy. We now know why Fred was such a fan of PA. There's just no way of getting around a block such as that. Even if it's wide open 1/4 inch to the side.

But we'll have to wait until the kid's an adult, because this technique would be considered disrespecting his elders. Especially Senior Citizens such as Terrell Suggs. 

(01-21-2019, 04:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm surprised while they were focused on each other a bunch of illegals didn't sneak up and rape them all.

I am to understand that all of the chaperones had their jobs stolen though.  Sad.   Sad
(01-21-2019, 04:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: I am to understand that all of the chaperones had their jobs stolen though.  Sad.   Sad

Thankfully no condoms were used.
(01-21-2019, 04:06 PM)Dill Wrote: As I understand it, his goal was not to go "around" the crowd, but to get between them and the Hebrew Israelites, from which point he would chant healing prayers in the hopes of diminishing tension.  That was his story, anyway.

It looks to me like at least some of the teens began imitating his singing. That seems rather careless. Those using the tomahawk chop were, it appears, mocking him, as Trump supporters often do to Elizabeth Warren. That isn't ok because Hebrew Israelites 50 yards away were calling them "crackers" and "incest brood."  

I don't think the teen standing there smiling in his face was "just smiling" or "just standing there." In the US we normally don't get right up in the face of someone playing a musical instrument and singing. Looks to me like he is in the guy's face to be rude. Were I a chaperone, my response would not have been "He has a right to stand there and 'just' smile in that elderly man's face."

All the chanting and the guy ripping off his shirt, the tomahawk chops--none of that seems a particularly good response to the situation. This is certainly a teaching moment, so I do ask-- where were the chaperones?   
In one interview he stated his intention was to continue to make his way to the top of the stairs. That was until he encountered the reincarnation of Anthony Munoz

(01-21-2019, 04:06 PM)Dill Wrote: As I understand it, his goal was not to go "around" the crowd, but to get between them and the Hebrew Israelites, from which point he would chant healing prayers in the hopes of diminishing tension.  That was his story, anyway.

I don't think the teen standing there smiling in his face was "just smiling" or "just standing there." In the US we normally don't get right up in the face of someone playing a musical instrument and singing. Looks to me like he is in the guy's face to be rude. Were I a chaperone, my response would not have been "He has a right to stand there and 'just' smile in that elderly man's face."

Well he was walking the wrong way.  Perhaps the kid was trying to tell him he needs to turn around.

(01-21-2019, 04:06 PM)Dill Wrote: As I understand it, his goal was not to go "around" the crowd, but to get between them and the Hebrew Israelites, from which point he would chant healing prayers in the hopes of diminishing tension.  That was his story, anyway.

All the chanting and the guy ripping off his shirt, the tomahawk chops--non of that seems a particularly good response to the situation. This is certain a teaching moment, so I do ask-- where were the chaperones?   

1. I gave my thoughts on the first part earlier. I think his intent was to stir the pot. Going in a crowd and doing a chant unannounced isn't going to to a healing message across because your audience has no idea what you're doing and why you're doing it. Also, one of the native Americans in the group made statements like "go back to Europe" and "you don't belong here".  Way to muddy your message. 

2. Phillips approached the boy and inched closer as the encounter continued, not the other way around.
(01-21-2019, 04:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well he was walking the  wrong way.  

No he wasn't.  He walked between the kids and the African Americans.
(01-21-2019, 04:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In one interview he stated his intention was to continue to make his way to the top of the stairs. That was until he encountered the reincarnation of Anthony Munoz

So you have repeated ten times that the Native could have walked around the boy, but you have yet to address why the boy did not just step aside.

Like I said, would it be alright for someone to poop on your front porch as long as you could step over it?

"OMG! The poop was only 2 inches high.  No human on earth could step over that!"
(01-21-2019, 04:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: A guy stands there beating a drum. A kid stands there watching and smirking at him. Media manufactured problem.

This is where I am at. Who cares? People are searching for much greater "meaning" in this that there really is. It isn't proof of some sort of social decay. It isn't proof of racism. It isn't proof of some sort of larger political agenda. It is simply proof that people have weird confrontations everyday around the country and sometimes they include two groups that can easily be turned into symbols for much bigger things than they really are. 
(01-21-2019, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you have repeated ten times that the Native could have walked around the boy, but you have yet to address why the boy did not just step aside.

Like I said, would it be alright for someone to poop on your front porch as long as you could step over it?

"OMG! The poop was only 2 inches high.  No human on earth could step over that!"

Is the kid poop and on the guy's property? Who doesn't work their way through a crowd by walking where there are openings, and saying excuse me when there are none.