Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Leftists
http://www.dailywire.com/news/20011/watch-leftists-sledgehammer-oldest-christopher-hank-berrien

Trump was right again. Where does this all stop.

Quote:WATCH: Leftists Sledgehammer Oldest Christopher Columbus Monument In The U.S. Then They Post The Video.

August 21, 2017 1.6k views

screenshot from Twitter
On Monday night in Baltimore, deranged leftists not only took a sledgehammer to the oldest monument to Christopher Columbus in America, they videotaped themselves doing it and posted the video accompanied by a hysterical screed targeting not only Columbus, but George Washington and America itself.

The sanctimonious, vengeful, fact-challenged lecture starts like this:

We’re walking to the oldest monument to Christopher Columbus in North America. Christopher Columbus symbolizes the initial invasion of European Capitalism into the Western hemisphere. Columbus initiated a centuries-old wave of terrorism, murder, genocide, rape, slavery, ecological degradation and capitalist exploitation of labor in Americas. That Colombian wave of destruction continues on the backs of indigenous African-American and brown people.

Conflating the terms “African-American” and “indigenous” is an interesting notion.

Continuing:

Racist monuments to slave-owners and murderers have always bothered me; Baltimore’s poverty is concentrated in African-American households, and these statues are just an extra slap in the face.

Yup, that excursion Columbus took over 500 years ago plagues society to this very day.

They were built in the 20th century in response to a movement for African-Americans’ dignity. What kind of a culture goes to such lengths to build such hate-filled monuments? What kind of a culture clings to these monuments in 2017? The culture of white supremacy preceded the United States; it’s at the foundation of U.S. culture, business, bureaucracy, and psychology. Observe how vehemently Republican and Democrat misleaders defend genocidal terrorists like Christopher Columbus and George Washington.

Washington a terrorist? Forget the fact that he was likely the greatest American to ever walk the land, a man whose character is unrivalled, just where is that notion from?

White supremacy and the systems that sustain it must be replaced or people will continue to suffer and the planet will die. Part of our evolution as humans requires the tearing down monuments to destructive forces and tearing down systems that maintain them. Part of our evolution is to develop new and ancient systems of democratic economics that center the needs of poor indigenous African-American and brown people.

Okay, get a grip. Those living in so-called poverty today in America generally have living standards that would be the envy of hundreds of millions of people throughout history, you fool.

As the leftist takes a sledgehammer to the statue, another leftist holds up a sign reading, "Racism tear it down," while another sign is posted on the statue, reading, “The future is racial and economic justice."

Video of the leftists who hate America below:

Last night, activists in Baltimore took a sledgehammer to the oldest Christopher Columbus monument in the US. Then they uploaded this video: pic.twitter.com/MxN9YrT7cF

— Jack Smith IV (@JackSmithIV) August 21, 2017
I disagree with taking action into their own hands, but I am absolutely on board with the stopping of glorifying that jackass. Get rid of his monuments and end his holiday.
Awful.

Anyone who vandalizes or tries to take these things into their own hand without doing it lawfully should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

No one should support such things.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
This is what happens when the media and other leftists cheer this violence on by antifa and other communist enforcer groups
(08-21-2017, 10:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is what happens when the media and other leftists cheer this violence on by antifa and other communist enforcer groups

It seems this a fight looking for a fighter. 

No one with any sense will endorse this kind of senseless act.
(08-21-2017, 10:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: It seems this a fight looking for a fighter. 

No one with any sense will endorse this kind of senseless act.

Didn't you support vandals bringing down statues already?

You should at least be consistent.
(08-21-2017, 07:04 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I disagree with taking action into their own hands, but I am absolutely on board with the stopping of glorifying that jackass. Get rid of his monuments and end his holiday.

Hey!  I still get Columbus Day as a paid holiday.  
(08-21-2017, 07:04 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I disagree with taking action into their own hands, but I am absolutely on board with the stopping of glorifying that jackass. Get rid of his monuments and end his holiday.

If schools had always taught the real history of the man and his brutal conduct following the first voyage, a lot of people would have a much different opinion of him. But, at least when I was in school, they just stuck to the basics of his 5 voyages in discovering new lands. Not the brutul murders he initiated on the natives.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-21-2017, 11:08 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If schools had always taught the real history of the man and his brutal conduct following the first voyage, a lot of people would have a much different opinion of him. But, at least when I was in school, they just stuck to the basics of his 5 voyages in discovering new lands. Not the brutul murders he initiated on the natives.

They should teach that and no one should be bothered by the treatment of the natives. They were moved out in favor of people who would actually build greatness.
(08-21-2017, 10:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Didn't you support vandals bringing down statues already?  

You should at least be consistent.

I support the moving of certain statues.  I never condoned vandalism.  If there is a post where I did so please provide it.
Just like I said with NC, this is vandalism and should be condemned, no matter how awful Columbus really was. I only have my people to blame for trying to turn this guy into an Italian hero
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-21-2017, 11:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They should teach that and no one should be bothered by the treatment of the natives.   They were moved out in favor of people who would actually build greatness.

Yup, no one should be bothered when native peoples were literally butchered just because they exist. Those that didnt die from disease were either enslaved or murdered. In modern terms, that would be called a genocide.

However manifest destiny was unpreventable. But the ones that began to settle the new world could have done it in a more civilized way. Or at least in a more Christian way since they probably were wearing crosses and prayed to God.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(08-21-2017, 11:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They should teach that and no one should be bothered by the treatment of the natives. They were moved out in favor of people who would actually build greatness.

Genocide is good if the people committing it are going to do great things.

I think America fought a war 70 years ago to denounce that belief.

(08-21-2017, 11:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They should teach that and no one should be bothered by the treatment of the natives.   They were moved out in favor of people who would actually build greatness.

Wow, it's drivel like this that makes me hope you're trolling.  
(08-21-2017, 11:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Wow, it's drivel like this that makes me hope you're trolling.  

Nah, he argued this with me before. He legit thinks Andrew Jackson was doing the right thing because the US is much better than what the natives would have accomplished on their own.

(08-21-2017, 11:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Nah, he argued this with me before. He legit thinks Andrew Jackson was doing the right thing because the US is much better than what the natives would have accomplished on their own.

Even if the later were true it wouldn't excuse what was done to the native population.  Unfortunately, human history shows us that this is almost an inevitable outcome of a more advanced culture meeting a less scientifically advanced culture.  Especially if that culture sits on a large amount of natural resources.
(08-21-2017, 11:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Even if the later were true it wouldn't excuse what was done to the native population.  Unfortunately, human history shows us that this is almost an inevitable outcome of a more advanced culture meeting a less scientifically advanced culture.  Especially if that culture sits on a large amount of natural resources.

...and doesn't worship the "right" god.
(08-21-2017, 11:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Even if the later were true it wouldn't excuse what was done to the native population.  Unfortunately, human history shows us that this is almost an inevitable outcome of a more advanced culture meeting a less scientifically advanced culture.  Especially if that culture sits on a large amount of natural resources.

One could argue that the wars of the last 150 years are ultimately a result of this.

(08-21-2017, 11:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: ...and doesn't worship the "right" god.

That's really used for justification, not the motivation

(08-22-2017, 12:03 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: One could argue that the wars of the last 150 years are ultimately a result of this.

In one way or another, I'd tend to agree.
(08-21-2017, 11:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Wow, it's drivel like this that makes me hope you're trolling.  

I am. Personally I am over the Native American stuff.

(08-21-2017, 11:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Nah, he argued this with me before. He legit thinks Andrew Jackson was doing the right thing because the US is much better than what the natives would have accomplished on their own.

No actually all I said was that the British and Dutch did colonization right where the Spanish and French did not . And that I was glad we were an English colony.