Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leftists panic over the possibility of having Thanksgiving with a Trump supporter
(11-15-2017, 10:17 AM)michaelsean Wrote: OK so is the difference between a car and a buggy,is maybe how far you can go? A buggy doesn't really connect you to the outside world as you don't have a very big radius you can reasonably travel?

Also Jesus did tell people to go forth and spread the word. How do they reconcile that with basically separating from the rest of the world?

And it's an outside possibility that I've gone a bit off topic here.

The car and buggy difference is more about a car being a status symbol, and thus promoting vanity. Buggies are all made the same, so there is no real difference, but cars have a lot of variations, high price tags, etc., and so the pride/vanity that it can bring forth is a threat to one's spiritual well being.

As for evangelizing, most Amish and more conservative Anabaptist adherents follow the thought that evangelizing by actions rather than words is the more appropriate way. They would rather walk the walk than talk the talk.

(11-15-2017, 10:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: In 12 years on the various Bengal board incarnations this thread's diversions into off-topic comments from the OP has been the one of the best I have ever seen.

One thing these communities are strong on is family, and that is what this thread is about, right? Talking with family? Ninja
(11-15-2017, 10:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: In 12 years on the various Bengal board incarnations this thread's diversions into off-topic comments from the OP has been the one of the best I have ever seen.

It did take a lot of entertaining turns didn't it?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]