Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Leftists
(08-22-2017, 09:35 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I am.  Personally I am over the Native American stuff.  

No actually all I said was that the British and Dutch did colonization right where the Spanish and French did not .   And that I was glad we were an English colony.

Mellow

(08-21-2017, 11:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They should teach that and no one should be bothered by the treatment of the natives.   They were moved out in favor of people who would actually build greatness.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-21-2017, 11:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: I support the moving of certain statues.  I never condoned vandalism.  If there is a post where I did so please provide it.

I don't have the patience to look through your nonsensical posts.
(08-21-2017, 11:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They should teach that and no one should be bothered by the treatment of the natives.   They were moved out in favor of people who would actually build greatness.

"Moved out" more like slaughtered for not aligning with the same beliefs as others.

What a piece of shit comment supporting genocide.

This isn't a difference in political beliefs just trash from a troll or a sick person.
(08-22-2017, 09:44 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: "Moved out" more like slaughtered for not aligning with the same beliefs as others.

What a piece of shit comment supporting genocide.

This isn't a difference in political beliefs just trash from a troll or a sick person.

Didn't the Indians mostly kill each other.....

I know we had our hand in all that, I am just not interested to hear about the poor indians. They are complicit in their own demise as well .
(08-22-2017, 09:40 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't have the patience to look through your nonsensical posts.

Then either:

a) Quit making wild accusations that will not be backed up.

or

b) Quit making things up just to argue and stick with the facts of the thread and/or situation.
(08-22-2017, 09:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Then either:

a) Quit making wild accusations that will not be backed up.

or

b) Quit making things up just to argue and stick with the facts of the thread and/or situation.

You just want to tear down any monuments that you think may possibly offend someone.

When it does nothing to bother anyone.
(08-22-2017, 09:58 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You just want to tear down any monuments that you think may possibly offend someone.  

When it does nothing to bother anyone.

That first line is a different argument than saying I encouraged or accepted vandalism.

I'm fine with taking down the statues of confederate soldiers for a myriad of reasons.  Or leave them and use them as teaching moments about hatred and how nationalism can make men do evil things.

However they DO bother some people.  And other people are allowed to voice their opinions too.
(08-22-2017, 10:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: That first line is a different argument than saying I encouraged or accepted vandalism.

I'm fine with taking down the statues of confederate soldiers for a myriad of reasons.  Or leave them and use them as teaching moments about hatred and how nationalism can make men do evil things.

However they DO bother some people.  And other people are allowed to voice their opinions too.

Everything bothers someone at some point.

Either you stand to acknowledge and respect history and it's lessons that we can learn. Or you stand with the mob trying to rob us all of that opportunity to respect and learn from our history. Good and bad .
(08-22-2017, 10:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Everything bothers someone at some point.  

Either you stand to acknowledge and respect history and it's lessons that we can learn.   Or you stand with the mob trying to rob us all of that opportunity to respect and learn from our history.    Good and bad .

The problem is some people haven't learned those lessons and use the statues as examples of something that didn't really happen.

If the statue is in a museum people can learn there too.

And there are books.

And the internet.

there are plenty of ways to learn about history without statues glorifying those who fought to allow some people continue to own other people.
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/08/21/naacp-liberal-activists-threaten-to-boycott-nfl-until-kaepernick-signed/

Do you support the NAACP?

If so then we expect you will be also boycotting the NFL until kaep is signed.

After all it's imperative you virtue signal how woke you all are .....

Quote:NAACP, Liberal Activists Threaten to Boycott NFL Until Kaepernick Gets Signed

Warner Todd Huston21 Aug 2017

AP Photo/John Bazemore

While Colin Kaepernick, continues to sit on the sidelines without a team for 2017, some liberal activists are trying to organize efforts to boycott the league over his unemployment.

Several efforts have been launched to boycott the NFL, unless, a team picks up the man now infamous for starting the protests during the playing of the national anthem last year.

One particular effort was launched by the Atlanta NAACP last week, according to Pro Football Talk.

“There will be no football in the state of Georgia if Colin Kaepernick is not on a training camp roster and given an opportunity to pursue his career,” Atlanta NAACP representative Gerald Griggs said in an August 18 statement. “This is not a simple request. This is a statement. This is a demand.”

Arthur Blank, owner of the Atlanta Falcons and co-founder of the Home Depot big box hardware chain, released a statement of his own. Reaffirming that he has always supported the inclusion of all manner of ideas in his life and businesses, “I have a long record of active opposition to any symbol or behavior that represents exclusion or discrimination, both personally and in keeping with the core values of our businesses. I, along with our Family Foundation, the Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United have never and will never waver from that stance.”

Another effort seeks to urge all black Americans to boycott pro football over Kaepernick’s status.

Senior Pastor Deblaire Snell of the First SDA Church in Huntsville, Alabama, launched a campaign he has called #blackout, urging African Americans to stop supporting the NFL.

In a video posted to Youtube, Snell insisted that the NFL must be racist for not signing Kaepernick and, like many liberals, wondered why the league had no problem hiring people accused and even convicted of assault and other offenses, but won’t hire Kaepernick.

“My belief is simply this. If Colin Kaepernick was willing to take a stand for those of us who are non-celebrities that would have to interact with law enforcement on a day-to-day basis, if he’s willing to take a knee for us, certainly we ought to take a stand, and stand with him,” Snell said.

Still, there is no indication the various groups attempting to boycott the NFL are even made up of people who actually watched the NFL in the first place.

One commenter on the Snell Youtube posting made a provocative point. He noted how all those supporting the boycott seemed to think they were making a statement for racial issues, but he wondered what all the supporters would do if Kaepernick were signed. He also noted the hypocrisy of acting as if boycotting the NFL over Kaepernick was meaningful at all.

“So what y’all gonna do when Kaepernick get signed to a team? Just forget like anything else? This is not the answer,” the commenter said mocking the boycott.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.
(08-22-2017, 10:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: The problem is some people haven't learned those lessons and use the statues as examples of something that didn't really happen.

If the statue is in a museum people can learn there too.

And there are books.

And the internet.

there are plenty of ways to learn about history without statues glorifying those who fought to allow some people continue to own other people.

Statues have never bothered anyone. No one really pays them any attention. You act like the Robert E Lee statue would say "hey there boy" every time a black man would walk by....
(08-22-2017, 09:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Didn't the Indians mostly kill each other.....

I know we had our hand in all that,  I am just not interested to hear about the poor indians.    They are complicit in their own demise as well .

That's how you defend this comment? Those were some strong statements just because you aren't interested in hearing something.

"They should teach that and no one should be bothered by the treatment of the natives."  

It appears you not only refuse to be bothered by the fact that the natives were killed by the visiting faction but that they should teach that nobody should be bothered by the killing of the natives as long as you see them as lesser humans based upon this comment.

"They were moved out in favor of people who would actually build greatness. "

Re-write history basically to make one side seem better and to justify killing as long as your side reaps the rewards.

I mean why else would you not want to talk about the Natives and teach their story even though you admitted we had our hand in it? Probably because  it's that part of the story that is bad and makes Americans looks worse.

Of course they were complicit in their own demise every civilization that falls is. Lots of times civilizations fall because they don't see the motives or don't have the means to stand up to land grabbers.

Greatness isn't defined in black and white terms. What's great to you might not be great to me. Maybe a concrete jungle is greatness to you but to some a clean natural body of water is greatness.
(08-22-2017, 10:28 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Statues have never bothered anyone.  No one really pays them any attention.    You act like the Robert E Lee statue would say "hey there boy" every time a black man would walk by....

Let me rephrase something said earlier:

Quote:"They should teach that and no one should be bothered by the treatment of the south during and after the Civil War."  

Winners get to write the history books if I'm reading the posts about native americans correctly.

The rest is just race baiting.
(08-22-2017, 10:29 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: That's how you defend this comment? Those were some strong statements just because you aren't interested in hearing something.

"They should teach that and no one should be bothered by the treatment of the natives."  

It appears you not only refuse to be bothered by the fact that the natives were killed by the visiting faction but that they should teach that nobody should be bothered by the killing of the natives as long as you see them as lesser humans based upon this comment.

"They were moved out in favor of people who would actually build greatness. "

Re-write history basically to make one side seem better and to justify killing as long as your side reaps the rewards.

I mean why else would you not want to talk about the Natives and teach their story even though you admitted we had our hand in it? Probably because  it's that part of the story that is bad and makes Americans looks worse.

Of course they were complicit in their own demise every civilization that falls is. Lots of times civilizations fall because they don't see the motives or don't have the means to stand up to land grabbers.

Greatness isn't defined in black and white terms. What's great to you might not be great to me. Maybe a concrete jungle is greatness to you but to some a clean natural body of water is greatness.

I don't mind teaching that colonists were aggressive and we basically ran rough shot over people who weren't sofisticated enough to know any better.

I am just over the poor Indians routine. Yeah it sucks for them but without it happening and without the British coming here to colonize we would never be the great nation we are today....... you can throw in Canada as well.
(08-22-2017, 09:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Didn't the Indians mostly kill each other.....

I know we had our hand in all that,  I am just not interested to hear about the poor indians.    They are complicit in their own demise as well .

C'mon, man. That's like saying blacks were complicit in their own slavery. There might be some truth to it, but that doesn't make slavery or genocide any less of an atrocity.
Cheering on a speech made up entirely of Hitler quotes

20 seconds after they claimed to stand against fascism.

(08-22-2017, 10:52 AM)PhilHos Wrote: C'mon, man. That's like saying blacks were complicit in their own slavery. There might be some truth to it, but that doesn't make slavery or genocide any less of an atrocity.

I didn't say that it wasnt a bad deal. I just said that it was necessary to be what we were today. The Spanish colonies integrated with the native populations in south and Central America.

When it comes to colonization.... the brits and the Dutch did it right. Despite their aggressive actions.
(08-22-2017, 10:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Cheering on a speech made up entirely of Hitler quotes

20 seconds after they claimed to stand against fascism.  

This has already been posted.  Have you figured out what is going on here yet?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Wow, a Hitler speech word for word.
Prediction...someone here will say "no fair" he was a plant.
(08-22-2017, 10:24 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/08/21/naacp-liberal-activists-threaten-to-boycott-nfl-until-kaepernick-signed/

Do you support the NAACP?  

If so then we expect you will be also boycotting the NFL until kaep is signed.  

After all it's imperative you virtue signal how woke you all are .....

Why is a call for a boycott on the ground of civil rights "leftist"? 

Would it be correct to say that non-leftists oppose or at least don't support civil rights?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]