Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lefty fact-checker confirms Biden lied about Charlottesville
One more lie by Biden and his fake media is exposed. Those who claim Trump has an issue with the truth should be equally outraged by Biden's lies.

When Biden released his 2020 campaign announcement video, the first words he said in it were "Charlottesville, Virginia."

"The President of the United States assigned a moral equivalence between those spreading hate and those with the courage to stand against it," Biden claimed in the video. "And in that moment, I knew the threat to this nation was unlike any I’d ever seen in my lifetime."

Lefty fact-checker brands Biden's claim Trump called Charlottesville racists 'fine people' false

7 Year smear job exposed.

Trump 'specifically' condemned Nazis and white supremacists, Snopes notes

The left-leaning fact checking website Snopes acknowledged Saturday that former President Trump never called neo-Nazis "very fine people" during his press conference following the Charlottesville "Unite the Right" rally in 2017.

Critics of Trump have claimed for years that he equated neo-Nazis with counterprotesters following the event. President Biden was chief among those critics, citing the supposed incident as a main reason for launching his 2020 campaign.

"While Trump did say that there were ‘very fine people on both sides,’ he also specifically noted that he was not talking about neo-Nazis and white supremacists and said they should be 'condemned totally.' Therefore, we have rated this claim 'False,'" Snopes wrote.

The Snopes fact check now aligns with years of arguments from Trump's camp, who long stated, backed by transcript and video, that his comments were taken out of context. The fact-checker notes that the false claim about Trump's comments "spread like wildfire" on the left, eventually being cited as a cornerstone of Biden's election campaign.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 11:04 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: One more lie by Biden and his fake media is exposed. Those who claim Trump has an issue with the truth should be equally outraged by Biden's lies.

When Biden released his 2020 campaign announcement video, the first words he said in it were "Charlottesville, Virginia."

"The President of the United States assigned a moral equivalence between those spreading hate and those with the courage to stand against it," Biden claimed in the video. "And in that moment, I knew the threat to this nation was unlike any I’d ever seen in my lifetime."

Lefty fact-checker brands Biden's claim Trump called Charlottesville racists 'fine people' false

The left-leaning fact checking website Snopes acknowledged Saturday that former President Trump never called neo-Nazis "very fine people" during his press conference following the Charlottesville "Unite the Right" rally in 2017.

Critics of Trump have claimed for years that he equated neo-Nazis with counterprotesters following the event. President Biden was chief among those critics, citing the supposed incident as a main reason for launching his 2020 campaign.

"While Trump did say that there were ‘very fine people on both sides,’ he also specifically noted that he was not talking about neo-Nazis and white supremacists and said they should be 'condemned totally.' Therefore, we have rated this claim 'False,'" Snopes wrote.

The Snopes fact check now aligns with years of arguments from Trump's camp, who long stated, backed by transcript and video, that his comments were taken out of context. The fact-checker notes that the false claim about Trump's comments "spread like wildfire" on the left, eventually being cited as a cornerstone of Biden's election campaign.

Give them a few more years and they may get the Hunter Biden laptop story right too...
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 11:04 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: One more lie by Biden and his fake media is exposed. Those who claim Trump has an issue with the truth should be equally outraged by Biden's lies.

what "very fine people" support white nationalists marching with the Nazi flag chanting "Jews will not replace us"?  Donald Trump had dinner with Nick Fuentes, who organized that march.  That is hardly condemning white nationalism, anti-semitism, hate

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 11:26 AM)pally Wrote: what "very fine people" support white nationalists marching with the Nazi flag chanting "Jews will not replace us"?  Donald Trump had dinner with Nick Fuentes, who organized that march.  That is hardly condemning white nationalism, anti-semitism, hate

Your answer is to ignore the fact Trump never said what Biden used for 7 years to smear him. Typical, you probably still think Hunter's laptop is Russian misinformation because 51 former Biden surrogates got together and told you so. You believe the BS not because you are stupid, you believe it because you want to due to your hatred of Donald Trump and anyone who supports him.

Joe lies (the border is secure) and people die. That is a fact.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Are you denying that Trump said there were "fine people on both sides?"

Answer my question...what "fine" person is ok with supporting what happened in Charlottesville. Obviously, Trump is apparently ok with people chanting "Jews will not replace us" while flying the Nazi flag since he decided to have dinner with the organizer. He can't really denounce people whose votes he needs

And, frankly, I don't give a damn about Hunter's laptop. It shows Hunter was pretty damn sleazy during his addiction days. Hinter Biden is a private citizen. He has never worked in government and isn't running or office/ You are trying so desperately to have it prove stuff it doesn't. Now I get, you believe it is some smoking gun but if Republicans actually had proof (proof not allegations) they would be holding televised public hearings 24/7 but they aren't. Every new witness is the lynchpin until it isn't.

I am, however, concerned with the over $2 billion in foreign money handed to former White House official and son-in-law Jared Kusher. What did he do to earn that money from Saudia Arabia, Qatar, and other ME governments? What hold will those governments have over a future Trump presidency?

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 03:10 PM)pally Wrote: Are you denying that Trump said there were "fine people on both sides?"

Answer my  question...what "fine" person is ok with supporting what happened in Charlottesville.  Obviously, Trump is apparently ok with people chanting "Jews will not replace us" while flying the Nazi flag since he decided to have dinner with the organizer.  He can't really denounce people whose votes he needs

And,  frankly, I don't give a damn about Hunter's laptop.  It shows Hunter was pretty damn sleazy during his addiction days.  Hinter Biden is a private citizen.  He has never worked in government and isn't running or office/ You are trying so desperately to have it prove stuff it doesn't.  Now I get, you believe it is some smoking gun but if Republicans actually had proof (proof not allegations) they would be holding televised public hearings 24/7 but they aren't.  Every new witness is the lynchpin until it isn't.

I am, however, concerned with the over $2 billion in foreign money handed to former White House official and son-in-law Jared Kusher.  What did he do to earn that money from Saudia Arabia, Qatar, and other ME governments?  What hold will those governments have over a future Trump presidency?

Snopes is the liberal fact checker. They determined he did not say that speaking of Charlottesville. Democrats love to take things say out of context. Snopes said Biden smeared Trump due to the statements Biden made about Charlottesville.

You lose the right to discuss Trump family business dealing (they have been businesspeople for decades) when you refuse to condemn Hunter, Jim and joe Biden for getting millions from China, Ukraine, Russia and other known enemies of the US government. Last I checked the Kushner deals were with allies and governments we can vet if the deals are legit. Sorry, it is an argument you can't win. You can't even cite a violation of the Kushner deals; yet you attempt to slander him and his family.

In case you missed our CIA and FBI colluded to help Biden win an election with the Hunter laptop lies. If Kushner was corrupt, do you honestly feel our Biden DOJ would not have indicted him by now? They go after anyone named Trump which includes his son-in-law and daughter.

Please by all means cite the specific crime Kushner committed. I will wait.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 03:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Snopes is the liberal fact checker. They determined he did not say that speaking of Charlottesville. Democrats love to take things say out of context. Snopes said Biden smeared Trump due to the statements Biden made about Charlottesville.

You lose the right to discuss Trump family business dealing (they have been businesspeople for decades) when you refuse to condemn Hunter, Jim and joe Biden for getting millions from China, Ukraine, Russia and other known enemies of the US government. Last I checked the Kushner deals were with allies and governments we can vet if the deals are legit. Sorry, it is an argument you can't win. You can't even cite a violation of the Kushner deals; yet you attempt to slander him and his family.

In case you missed our CIA and FBI colluded to help Biden win an election with the Hunter laptop lies. If Kushner was corrupt, do you honestly feel our Biden DOJ would not have indicted him by now? They go after anyone named Trump which includes his son-in-law and daughter.

Please by all means cite the specific crime Kushner committed. I will wait.

Well, why not start when Kushner was a) Trump's chief of staff and b) had financial trouble with his 666 Fifth Avenue building and miraculously got bailed out by a Qatar-run company. In a time when coincidentally Qatar faced some serious diplomatic repercussions that were then strangely lifted after that deal went through. I for one call that highly suspicious of being blatantly bribable and corrupt; since you have no issue with his other highly suspicious deals, I'm sure you find that a-ok too. He's also lawfully innocent until proven guilty, something you hold very dear except when it's about Joe Biden, of course. And slandering someone's name over suspicions of course is an awful sin to you except when you permanently do it with the Bidens, then throwing every petty piece of dirt is just fine. You're also enraged, enraged, when Biden family members make foreign deals, but when Ivanka does it it's ok, and when her POTUS father tweet-promotes her company, that's fine too. 
But double standards, that you sure will not stand for.

On the other hand, no one here defends Hunter Biden just because.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 03:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In case you missed our CIA and FBI colluded to help Biden win an election with the Hunter laptop lies. If Kushner was corrupt, do you honestly feel our Biden DOJ would not have indicted him by now? They go after anyone named Trump which includes his son-in-law and daughter.

I did miss that.  Or at least the evidence for the bolded claim.

But I hear the the guy who attempted to overturn a valid election in 2020 will punish the CIA and FBI if he gets into office. 

Seems your question is turned around. If they haven't indicted kushner by now, is it for sure that they 

"go after anyone named Trump, which includes his son in law"?  Course, they do have their hands full with father in law.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 11:04 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Lefty fact-checker brands Biden's claim Trump called Charlottesville racists 'fine people' false

I appreciate your fanatical hatred of "smear jobs," Luvnit--from "the left" at least. 

This "7 year smear job" isn't really new. We've gone over this several times, including Trump's eventual specific condemnation of ne-Nazis.

One group especially approved of Trump's clarification--those he purportedly condemned. 
https://web.archive.org/web/20221211072847/https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/08/13/one-group-loved-trumps-remarks-about-charlottesville-white-supremacists/

Snopes also notes that: "Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists in BLM/Antifa," Duke, a former KKK grand wizard, posted on X in response to Trump's comments.

While everyone is trying to clarify whether Trump condemns neo Nazis and White Supremacists, I'd like someone from the Trump camp to step forward and remind us why these groups are supposed to be bad in the first place. What specific beliefs are to be "totally condemned"? And more importantly,

Why would they cheer and continue to support Trump if he condemned them "totally"?  Why wouldn't they lean more toward Biden, the "real" racist? 
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 06:44 PM)Dill Wrote: I appreciate your fanatical hatred of "smear jobs," Luvnit--from "the left" at least. 

This "7 year smear job" isn't really new. We've gone over this several times, including Trump's eventual specific condemnation of ne-Nazis.

One group especially approved of Trump's clarification--those he purportedly condemned. 
https://web.archive.org/web/20221211072847/https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/08/13/one-group-loved-trumps-remarks-about-charlottesville-white-supremacists/

Snopes also notes that: "Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists in BLM/Antifa," Duke, a former KKK grand wizard, posted on X in response to Trump's comments.

While everyone is trying to clarify whether Trump condemns neo Nazis and White Supremacists, I'd like someone from the Trump camp to step forward and remind us why these groups are supposed to be bad in the first place. What specific beliefs are to be "totally condemned"? And more importantly,

Why would they cheer and continue to support Trump if he condemned them "totally"?  Why wouldn't they lean more toward Biden, the "real" racist? 

So is David Duke reformed now, or is he a Klansman in white apparel?

People are using him to clear Joe Biden's name, but smear DJT?

The contortions are mind boggling...
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 07:16 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: So is David Duke reformed now, or is he a Klansman in white apparel?

People are using him to clear Joe Biden's name, but smear DJT?

The contortions are mind boggling...

Not reformed as far as I know. And so far as I know, still a big Trump supporter,
though he does not think Trump antisemitic enough.

He's also a big supporter of another white nationalist, Trump's dinner date, Nick Fuentes.

You seem puzzled white supremacists support Trump, not Biden.  

You only see people "smearing" Trump here, no bad Trump choices? 
Reply/Quote
Sort it out for yourself. But Snopes cites specific reasons why it was a lie by Biden and the fake news media using Trump's Charlotteville comment to smear him.

Snopes detailed in its fact check that Trump was clear he was not calling neo-Nazis "fine people" when he made the comment at a press conference that year.

Left-leaning fact-checking website Snopes published a piece Saturday debunking claims promoted by President Biden and some members of the media that following the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017, Trump called neo-Nazis "very fine people." Biden has repeatedly cited the false claim, even saying it was the impetus for his 2020 White House run against Trump.

"While Trump did say that there were ‘very fine people on both sides,’ he also specifically noted that he was not talking about neo-Nazis and White supremacists and said they should be 'condemned totally.' Therefore, we have rated this claim 'False,'" Snopes wrote.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/snopes-debunking-charlottesville-hoax-shows-biden-lied-says-trump-campaign

Snopes' debunking of Charlottesville hoax shows Biden lied, says Trump campaign
'The Charlottesville lie was another hoax perpetuated by the corrupt Democrats,' says Trump spox Karoline Leavitt

"The Charlottesville lie was another hoax perpetuated by the corrupt Democrats and their mouthpieces in the fake news media, just like the Hunter Biden laptop, the Russian collusion scandal and so many others, all in an attempt to smear President Trump. Joe Biden’s campaign must end any advertising that pushes this lie because President Trump has, once again, been proven right," she said.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 11:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sort it out for yourself. But Snopes cites specific reasons why it was a lie by Biden and the fake news media using Trump's Charlotteville comment to smear him.

Snopes detailed in its fact check that Trump was clear he was not calling neo-Nazis "fine people" when he made the comment at a press conference that year.

Left-leaning fact-checking website Snopes published a piece Saturday debunking claims promoted by President Biden and some members of the media that following the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017, Trump called neo-Nazis "very fine people." Biden has repeatedly cited the false claim, even saying it was the impetus for his 2020 White House run against Trump.

"While Trump did say that there were ‘very fine people on both sides,’ he also specifically noted that he was not talking about neo-Nazis and White supremacists and said they should be 'condemned totally.' Therefore, we have rated this claim 'False,'" Snopes wrote.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/snopes-debunking-charlottesville-hoax-shows-biden-lied-says-trump-campaign

Snopes' debunking of Charlottesville hoax shows Biden lied, says Trump campaign
'The Charlottesville lie was another hoax perpetuated by the corrupt Democrats,' says Trump spox Karoline Leavitt

"The Charlottesville lie was another hoax perpetuated by the corrupt Democrats and their mouthpieces in the fake news media, just like the Hunter Biden laptop, the Russian collusion scandal and so many others, all in an attempt to smear President Trump. Joe Biden’s campaign must end any advertising that pushes this lie because President Trump has, once again, been proven right," she said.

Exactly who then was Trump talking about when he said there were fine people on both sides considering he was being asked about a neo Nazi march in Charlottesville where they were chanting “Jews will not replace us” and a woman was murdered. Who among that group qualified as “fine”.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 12:45 AM)pally Wrote: Exactly who then was Trump talking about when he said there were fine people on both sides considering he was being asked about a neo Nazi march in Charlottesville where they were chanting “Jews will not replace us” and a woman was murdered.  Who among that group qualified as “fine”.

He said there were very fine people on both side of the Confederate monument issue and then immediately condemned the white supremacists at Charlottesville.  Even in a thread in which Snopes admits that this accusation against Trump is a lie you continue to defend the lie.  I have to say, you're being as lockstep to the party line as the most avid MAGA supporter while having zero self recognition of this fact is a source of endless amusement for me.

Remember Pally, "freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four."

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 08:49 PM)Dill Wrote: Not reformed as far as I know. And so far as I know, still a big Trump supporter,
though he does not think Trump antisemitic enough.

He's also a big supporter of another white nationalist, Trump's dinner date, Nick Fuentes.

You seem puzzled white supremacists support Trump, not Biden.  

You only see people "smearing" Trump here, no bad Trump choices? 

I believe bad people support both candidates. Trump already condemned Duke and his racist leanings multiple times.

Maybe DJT is just such a better option that even those he condemns are supporting him?

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/aug/27/joe-biden/biden-wrong-when-he-says-trump-hasnt-condemned-dav/

In 2016, we fact-checked a claim that "Trump refuses to denounce the KKK." We rated the statement Mostly False

The ad distorted Trump’s record by cherry picking one interview in which CNN’s Jake Tapper asked Trump about Duke in February 2016. Duke founded a Louisiana chapter of the KKK in 1974, but left in 1980 because of its tendency towards violence. Since then, Duke has been a noted white supremacist. 

Tapper asked Trump if he would condemn Duke and say that he didn’t want the vote of white supremacists.
Trump replied: "Well, I have to look at the group. I mean, I don't know what group you're talking about. You wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about. I would have to look. If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them. And, certainly, I would disavow if I thought there was something wrong." 

Trump later blamed a bad ear piece, saying he could barely hear the questions. In the days that followed, Trump rejected Duke’s support in interviews on Good Morning America and Morning Joe, calling him a "bad person who I disavowed on numerous occasions over the years."

The Biden campaign pointed to that interview when we asked them for evidence to support Biden’s claim. The campaign also referred us to instances when Trump denied knowing anything about Duke or gave testy disavowals.

We found Trump denounced Duke years before his interview with Tapper.

In 1991, CNN’s Larry King asked Trump what Duke’s success with white voters in a failed bid for the Louisiana governorship represented.

Trump replied: "I hate seeing what it represents, but I guess it just shows there's a lot of hostility in this country. There's a tremendous amount of hostility in the United States."

In 2000, Trump declined to run a Reform Party presidential bid in part because the party attracted Duke’s support. Trump also called Duke "a bigot, a racist, a problem." 
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 01:22 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He said there were very fine people on both side of the Confederate monument issue and then immediately condemned the white supremacists at Charlottesville.  Even in a thread in which Snopes admits that this accusation against Trump is a lie you continue to defend the lie.  I have to say, you're being as lockstep to the party line as the most avid MAGA supporter while having zero self recognition of this fact is a source of endless amusement for me.

Remember Pally, "freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four."

Sorry, but in my opinion, “very fine people” aren’t protesting along side neo-nazis just to protect a statue of a man, who fought against the US for the right to keep human beings as slaves by leading the confederate army.

It is always a song and dance with Trump. He always has to be prompted to condem hate and even then there always seems to be a qualifier that detracts from the condemnations.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 01:22 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He said there were very fine people on both side of the Confederate monument issue and then immediately condemned the white supremacists at Charlottesville.  Even in a thread in which Snopes admits that this accusation against Trump is a lie you continue to defend the lie.  I have to say, you're being as lockstep to the party line as the most avid MAGA supporter while having zero self recognition of this fact is a source of endless amusement for me.

Well, you say "lie", I wonder if that is the appropriate term here. A lie would be to explicitely deny that there was a condemnation by Trump. There were at least two, that much is correct, whoever states there was none says a falsehood. Imho though there's a credibility problem for many, and that is because of Trump's general conduct in that affair. For one, he sure tried to defend the people that were marching alongside Nazis and white supremacists, and that alone left a sour taste for me too. Then he talked way more about Antifa and left-wing bad people than he ever talked about the people actually committing the awful deeds in Charlottesville, it was a display of whataboutism. He seemed way more enraged about the press painting a bad picture of the unite the right rallye goers than he ever was about the David Duke's, the chants and the murder. A description you used yourself, that describes my view on this, is that Trump just did enough for plausible deniability, but his earnesty was put in question and I for one can see why. That those allegedly condemned fully supported Trump anyway - and how Trump once tried to claim he doesn't know who David Duke is and things like that - just added to that picture. And all that - as he says - led Biden to a moral evaluation of the situation. Imho it's not about true or false in the first place, but about a personal moral judgment that is a bit beyond the facts. For sure, as stated he also got his facts wrong when explicitly talking about 'no condemnation' or that Trump explicitly called Neo-Nazis fine people (he did not, he called some of those marching with them 'fine people'), but that was not what pally was talking about and it was not what Charlottesville was about for many.

(06-24-2024, 07:00 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I believe bad people support both candidates. Trump already condemned Duke and his racist leanings multiple times.

Maybe DJT is just such a better option that even those he condemns are supporting him?

Yeah, no one should use the support of folks like David Duke as a badge of honor, and the support of David Duke can not be seen as proof of how much better of an option Trump is. That is just a weird point to make really.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 07:29 AM)pally Wrote: Sorry, but in my opinion, “very fine people” aren’t protesting along side neo-nazis just to protect a statue of a man, who fought against the US for the right to keep human beings as slaves by leading the confederate army.

It is always a song and dance with Trump. He always has to be prompted to condem hate and even then there always seems to be a qualifier that detracts from the condemnations.

Attached Files Image(s)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 09:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ..

I ask again….who were the very fine people he was talking about marching and protesting along side the Neo Nazis? What fine person willingly chooses to join their company. Because you can’t talk about fine people without identifying them.
Who was he talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 11:39 AM)pally Wrote: I ask again….who were the very fine people he was talking about marching and protesting along side the Neo Nazis?  What fine person willingly chooses to join their company.  Because you can’t talk about fine people without identifying them.
Who was he talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has it ever occurred to you that some of the people in attendance likely had little to no idea that Neo Nazis were going to be there? You know there is another point of view on the Civil War Monument discussion that also feels that those who choose to not remember history are doomed to repeat it. Perhaps that is the faction of people that Trump was referring to? After all, he did clarify that he was not speaking of the Neo Nazis when he said "very fine people".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote