Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal Tampering begins and ......active
Pats have been active signing Judon from Ravens and TE Smith from Titans and also a NT from Miami. They paid Judon and Smith big bucks!!

Lots of teams also signing their own like A. Jones back to the packers for huge deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I would be happy with two big signings for the Bengals. One being Thuney. Bengals need to sign some blue chip FA to keep fans interested. They better fix the OL for Burrow. There are so many needs however. Draft cannot fill them all.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
So far we haven't lost any targets (fan) outside of Zeitler.

Not sold on Thuney's (contract demand if it is high), was hoping we'd get a cheaper but similarly effective target at OG allowing us to get a C or OT (along with re-signing our own).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think it's interesting the way things have gone league-wide. A lot of focus so far on the pass rush and little on the outside positions. I feel like the outside (corner/WR) will pickup this evening. I think Lawson could be the next piece in the pass-rushing world to fall.
Reply/Quote
Belichick is not a happy man. He is out to prove a point
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 04:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: So far we haven't lost any targets (fan) outside of Zeitler.

Not sold on Thuney's (contract demand if it is high), was hoping we'd get a cheaper but similarly effective target at OG allowing us to get a C or OT (along with resigning our own).

This is true.

Each of us have a wish list, most if not all of us will be disappointed more than likely.

Me, I would love for us to sign Thuney and Linsley.
If not both, one of them.

They do 1 or 2 plus so smart other moves and I am happy heading into the draft.

Pats have a ton of money, but they are spending it. As teams like Packers, sign their own, then they have less money. In the end, only so much cap money for each team so huge decisions will be made in next few days. I hope Bengals make some great decisions.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
we needs lots of Quality....
Reply/Quote
The math does not add up right now for Packers so they have to be restructuring a lot of deals. If Jones cap jit is 10 million in 2021 (he got average of 14 million a year), then they are now 9 million over the cap.

So lots of guys being cut/traded or Rogers and others getting paid huge bonuses versus salary in 2021 to spread it over years to lower his cap hit for 2021.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 04:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The math does not add up right now for Packers so they have to be restructuring a lot of deals. If Jones cap jit is 10 million in 2021 (he got average of 14 million a year), then they are now 9 million over the cap.

So lots of guys being cut/traded or Rogers and others getting paid huge bonuses versus salary in 2021 to spread it over years to lower his cap hit for 2021.

They just cut Jamaal Williams which saved 2 Million. My guess is the Jones deal wasn't an even distribution but I haven't seen numbers on it yet for sure. They did some restructurings over the weekend as well that I am guessing haven't hit Spotrac/Overthecap.
Reply/Quote
Here is an example of a player getting a big contract, yet low cap hit for 2021

Kevin Zeitler G $1,075,000 $2,975,000 - - - - - ($16,000,000) $4,050,000

Why can't Katie and Troy figure out how to structure contracts to spend a lot of money on good players, but not break the bank in 2021. So Ravens still have cap money for 2021.

It is called ignorance.

Reply/Quote