Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal help in the Dayton area
Do you guys know of any Pro-Bono legal help in the Dayton area or at least someone who is willing to do payments? This in regards to family law, specifically adoption related. I really need some help here guys.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't know of anyone in the Dayton area, personally. However the advertisements at the top and bottom of the thread might have some suggestions.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Try this: http://www.gdvlp.org/

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 06:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know of anyone in the Dayton area, personally.  However the advertisements at the top and bottom of the thread might have some suggestions.

Oh so it's not just me.  I thought I downloaded something that had ads popping up.  Not that I mind someone making a few bucks for providing this site for us.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2017, 07:41 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Try this: http://www.gdvlp.org/

^This.

I know some attorneys that do work with this group (but not family law, sorry).
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Looks like they're the same thing as Legal Aid of Western Ohio, and they denied me.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2017, 09:11 AM)treee Wrote: Looks like they're the same thing as Legal Aid of Western Ohio, and they denied me.

Did they lead you in the right direction? I'm sure your not the first to ask about something like this.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2017, 07:51 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Did they lead you in the right direction? I'm sure your not the first to ask about something like this.
Nope, the lady read what sounded like a cookie-cutter rejection script and then pushed me off the phone. When I applied a second time she even called back and took a rude tone because I had the gall to keep trying.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 01:44 AM)treee Wrote: Nope, the lady read what sounded like a cookie-cutter rejection script and then pushed me off the phone. When I applied a second time she even called back and took a rude tone because I had the gall to keep trying.

Sorry to hear that. Try these.

http://www.legalaidonline.org

http://www.ablelaw.org

Reply/Quote
All the lawyers in Dayton are either handling dope related cases or foreclosure cases.. The last one out of town turn off the lights. 
I left my hometown about 15 or so years ago. The last time I was there I'd been away about 10 years and almost nothing had changed except for there was more rust and decay. 
I grew up in Dayton as did my parents, grandparents and great grandparents, but now the only one left is one sister and she hates it. 
I'd love to see Dayton make a comeback, but I don't see it happening. 
If you want to know what happened to Dayton just keep in mind that they had elected funeral directors to run things. They pretty much embalmed the city..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Foreign adoption?
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 04:43 PM)treee Wrote: Do you guys know of any Pro-Bono legal help in the Dayton area or at least someone who is willing to do payments? This in regards to family law, specifically adoption related. I really need some help here guys.

I had one candidate, who I thought might at least have some suggestions if he could not help, but alas he is now a municipal court judge. I am sure getting past a judge's secretary is like some Indiana Jones shit.

Since it is adoption related, I am going to somewhat reluctantly suggest you contact some churches in your area. While churches contain their fair share of busy bodies who will want to get in your business just to be in it and evil doers, they have their fair share of do gooders as well. You might stumble upon a church group who supports parents or prospective parents in such matters or a person who as part of his or her faith commitment would negotiate some reasonable terms to assist you.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote