Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legalize Marijuana...Medicinal uses for NFL?
I was reading the article on NFL.com about the suspension given for Bryant, and how the Steelers could possibly be a winning offense without him. Blah, Blah, Blah, Sammie Coats, Blah, Blah, Blah...then I read the comments from the article.

[Image: bryantfan.png]

Is...this ever going to be allowed?

I don't think this will ever be allowed in my life-time. (IMHO)
The NFL represents themselves as an influential, inspirational, and family oriented event. It would send the wrong message to kids if marijuana, medicinal or not, would be allowed in the NFL.

I posted this in smack, because of the mentality of the Steelers fans...(as shown in the comment above).

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"If we're caught breaking the rules, just change them--or ever better, say the rule isn't clear enough and clarify on it after we get away with it"

--Steelers
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 05:02 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: "If we're caught breaking the rules, just change them--or ever better, say the rule isn't clear enough and clarify on it after we get away with it"

--Steelers

Maybe, but the article in relation I found is a concerned former Ravens player.
LINK:
[Image: 16MARIJUANA-master768.jpg]

key points:
Eugene Monroe has had his share of bumps and bruises during his seven-year N.F.L. career as an offensive tackle with the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Baltimore Ravens. He has had shoulder injuries, ankle sprains, concussions and all the usual wear and tear that comes from hitting defenders dozens of times a game.

To deal with these injuries, Monroe has stepped forward and called upon the N.F.L. to stop testing players for marijuana so he and other players can take the medical version of the drug to treat their chronic pain, and avoid the addictive opioids that teams regularly dispense.

Monroe also started a website about the use of marijuana for pain management.

in conclusion:
“It’s a shame that Roger Goodell would tell our fans there’s no medical vs. recreational distinction,” Monroe wrote.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 04:55 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: I was reading the article on NFL.com about the suspension given for Bryant, and how the Steelers could possibly be a winning offense without him. Blah, Blah, Blah, Sammie Coats, Blah, Blah, Blah...then I read the comments from the article.

[Image: bryantfan.png]

Is...this ever going to be allowed?

I don't think this will ever be allowed in my life-time. (IMHO)
The NFL represents themselves as an influential, inspirational, and family oriented event. It would send the wrong message to kids if marijuana, medicinal or not, would be allowed in the NFL.

I posted this in smack, because of the mentality of the Steelers fans...(as shown in the comment above).

Did you bother to look at the posters avatar? If you did, did it not occur to you that he is a Seahawks fan? 

Or, much like the majority of the Bengal fan base, do you willingly and blissfully ignore facts that don't support your beliefs? 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 05:02 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: "If we're caught breaking the rules, just change them--or ever better, say the rule isn't clear enough and clarify on it after we get away with it"

--Steelers

Don't follow his lead, he's clueless. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 06:24 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Did you bother to look at the posters avatar? If you did, did it not occur to you that he is a Seahawks fan? 

Or, much like the majority of the Bengal fan base, do you willingly and blissfully ignore facts that don't support your beliefs? 

So because this poster has a Seahawk's picture in the avatar window, he can't possibly be a Steeler fan? Or he doesn't like Bryant...I could care less.

First off I didn't effing care what his avatar picture was, I was posting on the fact that this particular poster/commenter was wanting to make marijuana legal for NFL use. The second part was about a former Baltimore player...again, no Steeler involvement except for the fact it was found on the NFL.com page talking about how the Steelers are going to cope with out Bryant. 
So read....you typical 'jump-to-conclusion' delusional 'protect my team at all cost' effing Steeler fan.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 06:28 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Don't follow his lead, he's clueless. 

Clueless on what your understanding is...

Oh wait...it's in smack...and it has a link to an NFL.com page involving Steelers content...no matter what was said in the actual thread post, I MUST DEFEND MY STEELERS!   Mellow  

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 04:55 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: I posted this in smack, because of the mentality of the Steelers fans...(as shown in the comment above).

Yup. A Seahawks fan is calling Bryant stupid...DEFEND!  

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 06:42 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: So because this poster has a Seahawk's picture in the avatar window, he can't possibly be a Steeler fan? 

Yeah, because people who are fans of sports teams regularly make their avatars/profile pictures that of opposing teams. Happens all the time.  Sarcasm
Also if you would have simply clicked his profile pic and gone to his FB page you can plainly see that he's born and raised in Washington state. 

First off I didn't effing care what his avatar picture was, I was posting on the fact that this particular poster/commenter was wanting to make marijuana legal for NFL use. The second part was about a former Baltimore player...again, no Steeler involvement except for the fact it was found on the NFL.com page talking about how the Steelers are going to cope with out Bryant. 

No Steeler involvement?  You specifically posted this in Smack to make it about the Steelers and by trying to pass off a Seahawk fan as a Steelers fan. Reread your original post. 

So read....you typical 'jump-to-conclusion' delusional 'protect my team at all cost' effing Steeler fan.

LOL. Doubling down on the delusion I see.

This isn't the first time that you've posted things too fast out of the excitement of trying to slam Steelers fans and been totally wrong. I suggest that going forward you take a deep breath and proofread your post before you hit the "Post Reply" button. 

Until then admit that you made a mistake, take your medicine like a man and move on. We're only human. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 06:57 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: LOL. Doubling down on the delusion I see.

This isn't the first time that you've posted things too fast out of the excitement of trying to slam Steelers fans and been totally wrong. I suggest that going forward you take a deep breath and proofread your post before you hit the "Post Reply" button. 

Until then admit that you made a mistake, take your medicine like a man and move on. We're only human. 

I didn't try to pass off the 'comment guy' as a Steeler fan. I didn't care to bother to check out his FB to see where he is from. (So you checked, good...again, the sheer impossibility this guy could live in Washington couldn't be a Steelers fan...based on his avatar and his location.) I don't care and that is not the point I'm trying to make. 

You are more involved about the actual 'comment guy' than his comment. I don't care about the 'comment guy', you do, that's fantastic...I don't care. I wanted to talk about his comment...not the commenter. Again, what is your actual comment on the marijuana possibilities in the NFL? 

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 04:55 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: [Image: bryantfan.png]

You've spend like 10 posts trying to explain this right here and you ended up just making less sense.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bell is a moron...he needs to take the addictive and side-effect filled drugs the NFL says are ok. He's rich so he can probably get a prescription for life!
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 07:17 PM)6andcounting Wrote: You've spend like 10 posts trying to explain this right here and you ended up just making less sense.

I guess it is my bad on my part that the actual post would offend the Steelers fans so much to the point that that actual issue stated in the original post would be looked past because of what a (now confirmed ((Thanks StricklyBiz-credit))) Seahawks fan said about Bryant. 
Maybe I should have just posted the comment of the 'comment guy' and left it at that.  

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 07:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Bell is a moron...he needs to take the addictive and side-effect filled drugs the NFL says are ok.  He's rich so he can probably get a prescription for life!
Okay, I suppose.

What about legalizing medicinal marijuana in the NFL? Think it will ever be considered? 

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 07:09 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: I didn't try to pass off the 'comment guy' as a Steeler fan.

Wow are you serious? 

You wrote in your OP

If you think that's not trying to pass the 'comment guy' off as a Steelers fan, then you're really not a very bright person. 

And now you're tripling down by trying to claim that just because he was born and raised in Washington state and has a Seahawks logo as his profile pic doesn't mean that he's not a Steelers fan. You're delusional. 

Seriously either delete this thread or just stop, because you're embarrassing more and more yourself with each post. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 07:26 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Wow are you serious?

Hard to be serious...when you are too serious for everyone involved.... 

You wrote in your OP

I did...

I suppose that actual comment I made was directed on how the Steelers fans would intercept the 'comment guys' post...it worked.  ThumbsUp

If you think that's not trying to pass the 'comment guy' off as a Steelers fan, then you're really not a very bright person. 

Why? You are still hung up about his 'avatar' and his 'place of origin' to fully get past that and answer the actual question asked...

And now you're tripling down by trying to claim that just because he was born and raised in Washington state and has a Seahawks logo as his profile pic doesn't mean that he's not a Steelers fan. You're delusional. 

Why don't you message the 'comment guy' since you already checked out his FB, and probably asked him for a friend request... and (in your head) confirmed he was NOT in fact a Steeler fan, but indeed a Seahawks fan...that's your next step on your wild conquest of confirmation...while you are doing that, I'm going to stick to the original question asked...the one with a question mark...looks like this at the end of a sentence: ? 

Seriously either delete this thread or just stop, because you're embarrassing more and more yourself with each post. 
Yawn

I guess I can ask again...

Is...this ever going to be allowed? (marijuana use in the NFL)

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 07:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Bell is a moron...he needs to take the addictive and side-effect filled drugs the NFL says are ok.  He's rich so he can probably get a prescription for life!

Well, we haven't seen anything credible that suggests Bell, Bryant, or anyone else who's been popped by the NFL for weed, is using it for therapeutic reasons.  Let's be real, 99.9% of pot users start by using it recreationally, then try to point out it's potential medicinal uses as an argument for legalization.  If legalized for medicinal use country-wide, the NFL still won't allow because 99.9% of the players popped will be using it for recreational use and not as prescribed.  
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 08:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: Well, we haven't seen anything credible that suggests Bell, Bryant, or anyone else who's been popped by the NFL for weed, is using it for therapeutic reasons.  Let's be real, 99.9% of pot users start by using it recreationally, then try to point out it's potential medicinal uses as an argument for legalization.  If legalized for medicinal use country-wide, the NFL still won't allow because 99.9% of the players popped will be using it for recreational use and not as prescribed.  

Thank you for your participation.

The article I posted above suggests that medicinal marijuana helped, so he and other players can take the medical version of the drug to treat their chronic pain, and avoid the addictive opioids that teams regularly dispense."  He's also spent thousands upon thousands of dollars trying to establish the medicinal version for the NFL players. Whether or not it will ever be 'approved' by the NFL, players after NFL have options instead of addictive pain killers that are overall worse for your extended health. 

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 08:39 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Thank you for your participation.

The article I posted above suggests that medicinal marijuana helped, so he and other players can take the medical version of the drug to treat their chronic pain, and avoid the addictive opioids that teams regularly dispense."  He's also spent thousands upon thousands of dollars trying to establish the medicinal version for the NFL players. Whether or not it will ever be 'approved' by the NFL, players after NFL have options instead of addictive pain killers that are overall worse for your extended health. 

Ok, so did LeVeon Bell and Legarrett Blount both experience pain while out driving at 3 am forcing them to light up a joint?  That's my point.  People will say it's for pain, but it's really for recreational use in the vast majority of cases.

Another part of the issue is that marijuana itself is addictive and has side effects, just like the prescription pain killers they are trying to avoid.  If they are not comfortable with the risk of addiction to pain killers, which is minimal when the drugs are used as prescribed, they can retire.  It's not like they were permitted to use marijuana when they played in high school or college, either.  Football is violent game, and the players know the potential costs to their bodies. 

From a league perspective, unless medical marijuana is made legal nationwide, they can't make it legal for the players even if they wanted to.  It would be too much of an advantage for teams located in states where it is legal when it comes to free agency.  "Oh, by the way, if you sign with us, the team doctor will write you as many prescriptions for medical marijuana as you want."  If you stop testing for it in states where it's illegal, then the league looks like it's endorsing illegal activity.  
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 11:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: Ok, so did LeVeon Bell and Legarrett Blount both experience pain while out driving at 3 am forcing them to light up a joint?  That's my point.  People will say it's for pain, but it's really for recreational use in the vast majority of cases.

Another part of the issue is that marijuana itself is addictive and has side effects, just like the prescription pain killers they are trying to avoid.  If they are not comfortable with the risk of addiction to pain killers, which is minimal when the drugs are used as prescribed, they can retire.  It's not like they were permitted to use marijuana when they played in high school or college, either.  Football is violent game, and the players know the potential costs to their bodies. 

From a league perspective, unless medical marijuana is made legal nationwide, they can't make it legal for the players even if they wanted to.  It would be too much of an advantage for teams located in states where it is legal when it comes to free agency.  "Oh, by the way, if you sign with us, the team doctor will write you as many prescriptions for medical marijuana as you want."  If you stop testing for it in states where it's illegal, then the league looks like it's endorsing illegal activity.  

Point well taken. 

I agree with this perspective. 

Doctor-prescribed pain killers and medicinal marijuana have to have some differences, or people like former players like Monroe wouldn't be throwing all this money toward the cause...right? 

I'm not a former athlete on a high level like them by any means, but just being 10 years older in age and a bad knee, and a residual broken neck issues I just tend to deal with the pain with other sources than marijuana or painkillers. I do the physical therapy, along with the heat and cool pack if needed. Gotta keep moving. It might be different in additional 10 years, but I won't know til' then. 

Reply/Quote