Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Legs Benedict
(10-03-2021, 01:31 AM)TheFan Wrote: Do their fans have a nick name for him though? 

That said, I think the Legs Benedict thing is the dumbest nickname and would be okay never seeing it again. 

I don't even know and I live in Maryland. On TV commercials and on the news, they always just call him Justin Tucker. Brady is Brady. Jordan is Jordan. There might be some nicknames, but their actual names are what are household names, not the nicknames. This isn't pro wrestling where people come up with some stage name to be relevant. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 10:28 AM)Destro Wrote: I don't even know and I live in Maryland. On TV commercials and on the news, they always just call him Justin Tucker. Brady is Brady. Jordan is Jordan. There might be some nicknames, but their actual names are what are household names, not the nicknames. This isn't pro wrestling where people come up with some stage name to be relevant. 

True, some great players do get nicknames though. Megatron, The Bus, The Kid (baseball), AP/AD, LT, Red Rifle, etc. I don't think we need a nickname for a kicker though. None of them really sound cool. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 08:18 PM)Destro Wrote: When you are really good, your name is enough. Justin Tucker is just Justin Tucker.

(10-03-2021, 01:31 AM)TheFan Wrote: Do their fans have a nick name for him though? 

That said, I think the Legs Benedict thing is the dumbest nickname and would be okay never seeing it again. 

They might not but opposing teams' fans probably do...

[Image: th?id=OIP.UBwH1bj9NWM8ZqrE_YDiIwHaE8&pid...=260&h=174]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
There is no such thing as a nickname that isn’t stupid. Would “KickFearsome” be totally badass? Would it get all of our balls tingling? Naw, it’d be extremely corny and embarrassing. “McMoney” is the same thing. If we’re going to degrade ourselves by using nicknames at all, then they had better be funny.

Legs Benedict is funny.
Reply/Quote
Superfoot McPherson is probably the best one....
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 02:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: XuxBW3qJznYfGYoQXmpSpqKUSvHrAQd4sCoAaVx9...I9Xes43sL0]

Pretty sure Frank is only suspended though, but it sure has been a nice couple weeks around here…

And yes, I stand by my statement that that particular poster contributed very little in terms of actual discussions. In the 5 years I’ve been on this board I’ve seen people permanently banned for far less than that guy would get away with in a given week.

Suh du
Reply/Quote