Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leon Hall
First of all, I would like to say Leon has had a good career as a Bengal, but it is time to let someone else cover the slot receiver. The defense is really exposed in man coverage when he is in there. Age and injuries has caught up with him. If he starts next week in the playoffs, it will be a long day.
Reply/Quote
actually he had made some crucial plays in the slot this year and has not had a bad season at all.. our defense has done solid job this year and he is part of the reason...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:44 PM)2slick Wrote: First of all, I would like to say Leon has had a good career as a Bengal, but it is time to let someone else cover the slot receiver. The defense is really exposed in man coverage when he is in there. Age and injuries has caught up with him. If he starts next week in the playoffs, it will be a long day.

Who do you have in mind?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I trust Leon more than Shaw.

Would you prefer we move Kirkpatrick into the slot and let Leon take the outside?

Me neither.

Hall it is!
Reply/Quote
He might be the surest tackler on this team

Reply/Quote
This is the last year of his contract. Unless he negotiates a very realistic deal for an aging slot corner, this will be his last season here.
Reply/Quote
I just hope he can get a bit more healthy.. his back has been bothering him and he came out of the game today
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who do you have in mind?
Shaw or Lewis-Harris. Hall has made many fine tackles this year and even a pick six, but he got picked on by Mallet today. What do you think the Steelers will do against him? If I'm wrong, and I hope I am, I will be the first one on here to admit it.
Reply/Quote
Considering DreK is everyone's A#1 target, i'm not sure why i'm commenting in a thread about Leon Hall.

anyway

CB is a need in FA. Not draft

Reply/Quote
I'm thinking he was playing hurt because he was just not getting there today. On the plus side I thought Lewis-Harris had a nice game. If Hall is hurt pre game I'd consider starting CLH.
Reply/Quote
I love Leon as much as the next guy but he was getting beat all over the field today.

Im glad we finally replaced him with CLH in the second half who seemed to do a much better job.

I hate for Leons career to end on the bench but with the way he played today we can't afford to have him in there.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:36 PM)corpjet Wrote: I love Leon as much as the next guy but he was getting beat all over the field today.

Im glad we finally replaced him with CLH in the second half who seemed to do a much better job.

I hate for Leons career to end on the bench but with the way he played today we can't afford to have him in there.

sad but true.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:36 PM)corpjet Wrote: I love Leon as much as the next guy but he was getting beat all over the field today.

its called playing hurt.. his back has been a problem.. good to get Harris reps, in case Hall can;t go next week.  
Reply/Quote
Today was really strange. Leon has battled through that back issue all year long and has been pretty good except for very late in games. Today he just didn't seem into it and was basically benched in favor of Chris Lewis-Harris. Again, odd choice considering that Josh Shaw was the first man up previously.

Hall had some solid games vs. Pitt. this year. I would expect he would turn in a better effort Sunday. If not, he'll get yanked much more quickly.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:16 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Hall had some solid games vs. Pitt. this year. I would expect he would turn in a better effort Sunday. If not, he'll get yanked much more quickly.

Jim, I believe our game is on Saturday night @ 8:15 WhoDey.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:05 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: its called playing hurt.. his back has been a problem.. good to get Harris reps, in case Hall can;t go next week.  

If we are using that card then he never should have been in there today, sorry but he should have been resting it up.

If we can't beat a IR plagued Ravens team with a back up in the slot we shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Let CLH play like he eventually did or lets see if Josh Shaw can handle the load.  Yesterdays game would have been perfect to het Josh Shaw more reps.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:55 AM)corpjet Wrote: If we can't beat a IR plagued Ravens team with a back up in the slot we shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Stupid comment. The steelers lost to them and are in the playoffs with a chance to be very dangerous. We beat them, pretty or not we won. You "deserve" what you get and we got a 3 seed, it didn't happen on accident.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:55 AM)corpjet Wrote: If we are using that card then he never should have been in there today, sorry but he should have been resting it up.

If we can't beat a IR plagued Ravens team with a back up in the slot we shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Let CLH play like he eventually did or lets see if Josh Shaw can handle the load.  Yesterdays game would have been perfect to het Josh Shaw more reps.

You are wrong.. a Back is very tough injury... you might feel fine and then one play or two does your back in.. or it gets tight as the game goes on.. 

Sadly talking with some expertise on back issues...  

Finally that is why you have backups.. some times the starters try to go but can;t .. Hall is not any different than other situations 
Reply/Quote