Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jonah to Colts? Just an idea
I think the Colts should offer us the 4th round draft selection for our 28th pick, then they get Jonah Williams. Bengals pay 4 million of his 12.6 million contract to make the deal fair and allow the Colts to discuss a new contract with Jonah prior to the trade.

Then make an offer to secure Jackson by making an offer the Ravens can't match so the Ravens will get pick 28 versus pick 4 in 2023 draft. Then Raven's first round in 2024, but likely they will improve so it also would not be a top 15 pick going to the Ravens.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Moving from 28 to 4 would make Jonah William's trade value the same as a top 15 pick. Bengals would have trouble getting enough value out of Jonah to move up 2 spots let alone 24.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Think EVERYBODY would be on board for this swap except for the Colts.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 08:05 AM)Synric Wrote: Moving from 28 to 4 would make Jonah William's trade value the same as a top 15 pick. Bengals would have trouble getting enough value out of Jonah to move up 2 spots let alone 24.

I disagree. There is no way any chart would say a starting average LT for 8 million is only worth moving from 28th pick to 26th pick. The latter first round picks have a lot less weight than top 10 picks in the draft.

But, I agree very unlikely, but if Colts could land Jackson and give up a first round pick they would lose anyway, seems like a smart move on their part. Of course, then they would have to land Jackson.

It appears Jackson may not hold oit, but may not sign the tag until September which would hurt the Ravens off season locking them into sitting on no way to reduce the 2023 Jackson cap hit.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 12:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think the Colts should offer us the 4th round draft selection for our 28th pick, then they get Jonah Williams. Bengals pay 4 million of his 12.6 million contract to make the deal fair and allow the Colts to discuss a new contract with Jonah prior to the trade.

Then make an offer to secure Jackson by making an offer the Ravens can't match so the Ravens will get pick 28 versus pick 4 in 2023 draft. Then Raven's first round in 2024, but likely they will improve so it also would not be a top 15 pick going to the Ravens.

The Bengals will be lucky to get a pick IN the 4th round for Jonah.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 05:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I disagree. There is no way any chart would say a starting average LT for 8 million is only worth moving from 28th pick to 26th pick. The latter first round picks have a lot less weight than top 10 picks in the draft.

But, I agree very unlikely, but if Colts could land Jackson and give up a first round pick they would lose anyway, seems like a smart move on their part. Of course, then they would have to land Jackson.

It appears Jackson may not hold oit, but may not sign the tag until September which would hurt the Ravens off season locking them into sitting on no way to reduce the 2023 Jackson cap hit.

There is an NFL Trade Chart Value for Draft Picks. The 28th pick is worth 660 points and the 4th overall pick is 1800 points. The Difference is 1140 which is closest value to the Jets pick at 13th overall (1150 points). Now the 26th pick is worth 700 points the Bengals 4th round pick 131 is worth 41 points...

So yes I can confidently say that getting enough value out of Jonah to move up 2 spots will be difficult let alone saying he is worth the 13th overall pick. 

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
that would be awesome. I'd pay all 12 mil to make sure the colts had the money to pay Lamar
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 05:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I disagree. There is no way any chart would say a starting average LT for 8 million is only worth moving from 28th pick to 26th pick. The latter first round picks have a lot less weight than top 10 picks in the draft.

This would be great, given there is a new OC and new system Jackson is not familiar with. 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 08:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This would be great, given there is a new OC and new system Jackson is not familiar with. 

Yeah, hope Lamar just keeps messing with them Ratbirds lol
Reply/Quote