Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Less than 2 weeks before the first preseason game
I was going to say "Two Weeks...", but realized I missed it as the game is Saturday, Aug 13th.

I am one of those dorks that loves watching the preseason games and can't wait to see the like of guys like Sample, Shelvin, Evans, and all the various competitions on the offensive line.

I didn't realize the 2nd preseason game was at Washington. Ugh. I think that is reason enough not to play Burrow. Bad omen.

Regardless, I am crazy excited and can't wait to see some of our new pieces.

Here are my top 3 things I am interested to watch:

Offensive line play overall under Pollack

Chris Evans (every year I fall in love with some late round pick and he is this year's candidate. Just want to see that athleticism on the field).

Thad Moss vs. Mason Shreck vs. Cheyenno O'Grady. I am pulling for Moss now that he is totally healthy.

What are you most excited for?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 11:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What are you most excited for?

Football in general. I love seeing the guys competing and trying to show they belong. Finally got something to look forward too.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 11:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was going to say "Two Weeks...", but realized I missed it as the game is Saturday, Aug 13th.

I am one of those dorks that loves watching the preseason games and can't wait to see the like of guys like Sample, Shelvin, Evans, and all the various competitions on the offensive line.

I didn't realize the 2nd preseason game was at Washington. Ugh. I think that is reason enough not to play Burrow. Bad omen.

Chris Evans (every year I fall in love with some late round pick and he is this year's candidate. Just want to see that athleticism on the field).

Thad Moss vs. Mason Shreck vs. Cheyenno O'Grady. I am pulling for Moss now that he is totally healthy.

Honestly, Washington’s field is notorious for injuries similar to how Detroit’s used to be. No one is actually sure why but the rate of injuries there is higher than pretty much anywhere else in the league. I’d be very cautious who I played there and for how long.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 12:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Football in general. I love seeing the guys competing and trying to show they belong. Finally got something to look forward too.

No doubt.  Both college and pro...although for me it is the Bengals, and everything else.  
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 12:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, Washington’s field is notorious for injuries similar to how Detroit’s used to be. No one is actually sure why but the rate of injuries there is higher than pretty much anywhere else in the league. I’d be very cautious who I played there and for how long.

Ugh.  Detroit's old field.  I will never forget reading in the papers (the internet of that day) that Ki-Jana Carter tore his ACL on his third carry.  
Reply/Quote
1. Pooka Williams. Callahan seens excited at the possibilities on ways to.use him
As either a RB or WR. If Pooka can return punts and provide some explosion
In that role it may be hard to keep him off the roster

2. The emergence of the LBs. This front office is putting alot of faith ADG , Wilson, Bailey
Pratt and Jones. So much faith there no effort to really pursue FA like Houston or
Alexander.

3. The physicality of the oline. Can the oline set a tone and dominate in all phases?
Reply/Quote
1.) Chase I want to see what he can do at WR

2.) Khalid Kareem- seems to be flashing this year on the defensive edge.

3.) The LBers Wilson and ADG in particular.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Alot is riding on Joseph Ossai and Cameron Sample to step up in their rookie year and be pass rushers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 11:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was going to say "Two Weeks...", but realized I missed it as the game is Saturday, Aug 13th.  

I didn't realize the 2nd preseason game was at Washington.  Ugh.  I think that is reason enough not to play Burrow.  Bad omen.

Chris Evans (every year I fall in love with some late round pick and he is this year's candidate.  Just want to see that athleticism on the field).

Thad Moss vs. Mason Shreck vs. Cheyenno O'Grady.  I am pulling for Moss now that he is totally healthy.  

You would have been correct, as the game is Saturday 8/14
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 01:16 PM)impactplaya Wrote: 1. Pooka Williams. Callahan seens excited at the possibilities on ways to.use him
As either a RB or WR. If Pooka can return punts and provide some explosion
In that role it may be hard to keep him off the roster

2. The emergence of the LBs. This front office is putting alot of faith ADG , Wilson, Bailey
Pratt and Jones. So much faith there no effort to really pursue FA like Houston or
Alexander.

3. The physicality of the oline. Can the oline set a tone and dominate in all phases?

Good stuff.  I though Pooka had no shot, but he sure looks quick in camp.  Smart to give him a look as a slot WR-hybrid type.  

Dead on with the LBs.  I have a lot of faith in Wilson, and thought coming from a lower-level program and off covid, he showed he belongs, but I have a lot of questions about Pratt and ADG.  I keep thinking Bailey might surprise them all and be our other nickel backer.

YES!  O-line is a lot about attitude.  I think that is why they like Spain so much.  Hope it spreads!
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 01:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Alot is riding on Joseph Ossai and Cameron Sample to step up in their rookie year and be pass rushers.

No doubt, on Hilton too, but we probably won't see a lot of blitzing in the preseason.  Vanilla stuff.  

Can you imagine if they blitzed and hit Brady in the preseason?  Haha.  Heads would roll...
Reply/Quote

I didn't realize the 2nd preseason game was at Washington.  Ugh.  I think that is reason enough not to play Burrow.  Bad omen.

Chris Evans (every year I fall in love with some late round pick and he is this year's candidate.  Just want to see that athleticism on the field).

Thad Moss vs. Mason Shreck vs. Cheyenno O'Grady.  I am pulling for Moss now that he is totally healthy.  

I am one of those dorks as well lol

Like watching and trying to see how our depth is. Getting Washington in our 2nd preseason game just seems too strange like
it was planned or something. This is the one game where Joe is supposed to get in a series or two and it comes against the 
team that blew out his knee and one of the best DL's in the game? I am on the fence now on sitting him but I just don't see 
Joe wanting to sit at all.

I am most excited to see Joseph Ossai. Think this dude could be a beast, also Logan Wilson on the early series and how he 
leads our Linebackers. Excited for the future and to see fans in the stands.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 02:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: No doubt, on Hilton too, but we probably won't see a lot of blitzing in the preseason.  Vanilla stuff.  

Can you imagine if they blitzed and hit Brady in the preseason?  Haha.  Heads would roll...

Especially if the new MCL work gets fried...
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 12:35 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ugh.  Detroit's old field.  I will never forget reading in the papers (the internet of that day) that Ki-Jana Carter tore his ACL on his third carry.  

It's kind of stupid how i know where i was when that happened, like the twin towers, etc, but i was at the ATM at CVS in Covington listening to the game on the radio when that play happened.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 02:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's kind of stupid how i know where i was when that happened, like the twin towers, etc, but i was at the ATM at CVS in Covington listening to the game on the radio when that play happened.  Mellow

Same here lol. It still pains me to think about it because he was amazingly talented, and this was back when rbs were valued very highly. He was never the same, but I do remember him - after coming back from the injury - taking a handoff through a wide open hole, then making a good cut left to the outside, and taking it to the house. My myopic self was wondering “wow is he back !?”
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 12:35 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ugh.  Detroit's old field.  I will never forget reading in the papers (the internet of that day) that Ki-Jana Carter tore his ACL on his third carry.  

Kenny Irons is another...

2nd round pick on a RB that never saw the field in a regular season game for us.
Reply/Quote
Count me as another preseason geek too. My geekiness mostly is an extension of my draft obsession, and finally getting to see many of those players get reps. I’m pretty much anxious for all of the picks , including Pooka. Hoping to see Carman pancaking backups for our first exposure to him, and it will be exciting to see D’ante playing. It would also be nice to see the two of Jordan and Johnson look improved. Johnson might just be a guy who struggles at guard. Jordan seems to desperately need coaching technique, and his development could come a bit slower into camp. Pollack’s scheme certainly seems like a better fit for him at least. But yeah, I’ll shut up lol…obviously I’m kinda stoked too. I’m just not looking forward to hearing the idiots who actually care about the win/loss of these games. I seem to have to explain that every year in the office lol.
Reply/Quote
Id like to see some actual imagination from.ZT in his designs and play calling . Maybe move Sample to FB and just run some power football with Chase in a preset motion.
Reply/Quote
Hi, my name is Sandwedge and I am a preseason dork!
1) As my man Harley said, Football in general!
2) Like to see the rookies
3) Want to see the OL fire off and hit someone in the mouth!!
4) See the D flying around!
Reply/Quote
The last future day of my channel guide was August 14, so I was able to set the recording!  Woo-hoo!

You have to love pre-season, when every team is a SB contender, and when we finally get to August.  It's almost time for the little felons to go back to school, the cicadas are buzzing in the heat of the day (the real cicadas, not those 17 year poseurs we had back in June), and there's a million pre-season games on NFL Network.  

It's the most wonderful tiiiiime, of the year...
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote