Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lesson Learned
That's shitty man.  I had a HUGE water maple at the end of my drive that had started rubbing the corner of my house, was hanging over the privacy fence, and almost reaching the pool.  On the other side, it was hanging over my neighbor's driveway, and if the wind was right, could have potentially stuck his house if it blew over.  He also has a camper sitting in the end of his drive.  So, I went over and got him, and showed the hazard, and told him I was going to at least top the tree.  He was grateful I was going to do that.  So, I rented a lift, bought a pole saw, broke out the trusty Poulan, and took the beast down for a fraction of the cost.  The beauty was, he gladly helped cut the limbs up and helped me clean all of it up.  It's nice living next to folks who look out for each other instead of what you're dealing with.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2017, 04:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's shitty man.  I had a HUGE water maple at the end of my drive that had started rubbing the corner of my house, was hanging over the privacy fence, and almost reaching the pool.  On the other side, it was hanging over my neighbor's driveway, and if the wind was right, could have potentially stuck his house if it blew over.  He also has a camper sitting in the end of his drive.  So, I went over and got him, and showed the hazard, and told him I was going to at least top the tree.  He was grateful I was going to do that.  So, I rented a lift, bought a pole saw, broke out the trusty Poulan, and took the beast down for a fraction of the cost.  The beauty was, he gladly helped cut the limbs up and helped me clean all of it up.  It's nice living next to folks who look out for each other instead of what you're dealing with.

I agree. He has a few other trees with several of the branches overhanging my lawn and one touching my house. I'm cutting the limb off of one of them and according to the law, he cant say crap about it. I aint going to ask him notr am I going to inform him. I almost started the previous sentence saying I am giving it to God. However, it only took a few words typing to take it right back and get angry at him again. HD needs to pray a little harder about this than anticipated!

Still no apology. DICK!

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 01:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Unfortunately he has about 8 other trees within distance of our shed and man cave. The guy that came and cut the tree out of my shed warned that several others were dead. He informed me he told the neighbor about it as well but kind of received a "your wasting my time" sort of response. I wont stay angry because your right. I heard he is moving soon. I will be a great neighbor and rent the friggen uhaul to get his ass out of here. We live in a really nice, quiet neighborhood. It will be even better if he leaves.

Send him a certified letter with your concerns about the dead trees with a reference from the professional that cut the other tree out of your roof. 

That way, if it happens again, you've given notice and his insurance will have to cover it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote