Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let’s Compare
The worst teams the last 3 years previous to this year were these teams and their total wins those years and in parentheses this years record
Bengals 12 (9-6)
Jags 12 (2-13)
Jets 13 (4-11)
Lions 14 (2-12-1)
Giants 15 (4-11)

I like our trajectory and trying to diminish what Taylor and the front office have done is just wrong. Rebuilding you can see is not a slam dunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Still not a Taylor fan. Teams better built and things are going well. I'm content. I don't necessarily have qualms with Taylor as a coach as much as a play caller. The Ravens game was much better, but "doing better" isn't good enough for me. I still don't feel confident in his play calling.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:25 AM)CardCounterChris Wrote: Still not a Taylor fan. Teams better built and things are going well. I'm content. I don't necessarily have qualms with Taylor as a coach as much as a play caller. The Ravens game was much better, but "doing better" isn't good enough for me. I still don't feel confident in his play calling.

Results are results

Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:42 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Results are results

Results aren't always results.  How much of the results on the field are Zac Taylor?  How much is the front office?  How much is Joe Burrow?  I'm just saying this is a super talented team and Zac has made a lot of questionable calls.  I'm not ready to give him the credit for all those wins.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:17 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The worst teams the last 3 years previous to this year were these teams and their total wins those years and in parentheses this years record
Bengals 12 (9-6)
Jags 12 (2-13)
Jets 13 (4-11)
Lions 14 (2-12-1)
Giants 15 (4-11)

I like our trajectory and trying to diminish what Taylor and the front office have done is just wrong. Rebuilding you can see is not a slam dunk

Outside of Cincinnati, all those team have had coaching changes in that 3 year span as well and no improvement.

Only two of those teams have their QB situation resolved.

Lions are literally a Goff replacement away from a huge swing into the positive direction. They are doing the Bengal thing from last year, losing one score games and last minute weird losses. 

Jets and Giants need to just trash it all and start over.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:57 AM)CardCounterChris Wrote: Results aren't always results.  How much of the results on the field are Zac Taylor?  How much is the front office?  How much is Joe Burrow?  I'm just saying this is a super talented team and Zac has made a lot of questionable calls.  I'm not ready to give him the credit for all those wins.

Then you must not give him credit for all the losses

Reply/Quote
I was so frustrated that Lou and Taylor were retained after last season, I couldn't believe it and thought somehow this organisation had found a new low. I hated everything I heard from Taylor and didn't think he deserved even an OC job.

I'm so glad they kept them both now. Whatever happens in the final two games, this team is so much better than what Taylor started with.
Reply/Quote
I'm content with Taylor right now and accepted he will be the coach next season. But he has let 3 or 4 games be lost this season due to his decisions. I know we all like 9-6 with a chance to win the division but we could of already locked it up. Now we need a win in what is probably gonna be 2 very tough games to get a win. We should wait until the regular season is done to assess the job Taylor has done.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 08:14 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm content with Taylor right now and accepted he will be the coach next season. But he has let 3 or 4 games be lost this season due to his decisions. I know we all like 9-6 with a chance to win the division but we could of already locked it up. Now we need a win in what is probably gonna be 2 very tough games to get a win. We should wait until the regular season is done to assess the job Taylor has done.

And two tough games it will be. There will be other determining factors to consider after the games. How well was the team prepped? Did they make proper in-game adjustments? Play calling, etc. I hope neither KC or Bengals have any issues with covid because I don’t want excuses. I want to see what this full strength team can do against KC because right now I’m really feeling their vibe.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:17 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The worst teams the last 3 years previous to this year were these teams and their total wins those years and in parentheses this years record
Bengals 12 (9-6)
Jags 12 (2-13)
Jets 13 (4-11)
Lions 14 (2-12-1)
Giants 15 (4-11)

If they beat KC, he is Coach of the Year.  I don't know who else would deserve it.  
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If they beat KC, he is Coach of the Year.  I don't know who else would deserve it.  

And there will still be posters here calling for him to be fired so they can be right. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And there will still be posters here calling for him to be fired so they can be right. Hilarious

Probably the same ones saying we haven't seen enough to know if Chase was the right pick for this team.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I don't love Zac, but I'm not going to run him out of town either. He's locked up a winning record, so he gets that much rope.

The part of the rebuild where we sucked bad enough to get a possible generational qb talent one year and his readymade also possible generational talent buddy at wr went as well and you could want. The was all done while backing up a Brinks truck to rebuild a defense as quickly as possible. I have no issue with that. In fact, it's what you are supposed to do when you have a young qb on a rookie deal. Honestly, I credit Mikey and co more than anyone for getting with the program and being smart with the scenario.

Zac the staff will eventually need to prove that they can develop talent at some point. It's not gone great on the o-line thus far, and there' aren't a ton of resources to buy one even now. Eventually the young offensive talent will get the money, and they will need to decide who they can afford to keep to facilitate a likely 500 mil contract for Burrow and a possible 22 mil a year deal for Uno. That's not even mentioning Tee who's going to get a huge deal, too at this rate.

Roster building will become less simple sooner than we want to think. If Zac can weather that, then I'll eat crow. For now, I have yet to see them develop high end talent in the secondary, on the d-line, or up front on the OL. This must change and soon.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And there will still be posters here calling for him to be fired so they can be right. Hilarious

It's not a matter of being right. It's a matter of the offense could still be better. Keep Zac as head coach but bring in a better OC. Yes, there have been some games that Zac called well but then there are complete head scratchers. Playing for the FG in OT instead of leaving the game is Joe's hands is just a recent example. His comments about the team needing that killer instinct apply more to him. Beating down the Ravens again he continued to keep his foot on the gas. I like that, but he's willing to go too conservative and it has cost us some games.

We have the QB and the weapons. We need to improve the OL. I'm not saying Burrow needs to chuck it 50+ times every game, but when the game is on the line I want the ball in his hands. I don't want the head coach/play caller willing to settle for FGs. I believe that Zac is holding the offense back.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:38 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: It's not a matter of being right. It's a matter of the offense could still be better. Keep Zac as head coach but bring in a better OC. Yes, there have been some games that Zac called well but then there are complete head scratchers. Playing for the FG in OT instead of leaving the game is Joe's hands is just a recent example. His comments about the team needing that killer instinct apply more to him. Beating down the Ravens again he continued to keep his foot on the gas. I like that, but he's willing to go too conservative and it has cost us some games.

We have the QB and the weapons. We need to improve the OL. I'm not saying Burrow needs to chuck it 50+ times every game, but when the game is on the line I want the ball in his hands. I don't want the head coach/play caller willing to settle for FGs. I believe that Zac is holding the offense back.

Or pacing it for a playoff run. Building the confidence. Building Burrow’s confidence. Taylor has been holding somethings back for what’s coming up. It’s how you finish.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 08:14 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm content with Taylor right now and accepted he will be the coach next season. But he has let 3 or 4 games be lost this season due to his decisions. I know we all like 9-6 with a chance to win the division but we could of already locked it up. Now we need a win in what is probably gonna be 2 very tough games to get a win. We should wait until the regular season is done to assess the job Taylor has done.

I'm not a fan of ZT as a play caller but decisions can go either way based on execution.  Just ask John Harbaugh.

Burrow has made comments various times about ZT calling a great play in a certain situation.  If we're going to bash him for the ones that don't work out you also have to give him credit for the ones that do.  Those decisions may have won us a few games.  I think it all washes out and part of learning how to be a good head coach in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 06:31 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Then you must not give him credit for all the losses

I'm not basing my thoughts on Zac Taylor based on his wins and losses.  That's the point.  I'm looking at his play calling.  I'm looking at the decisions he made in game.  I'm looking at how he's managed challenges, timeouts, etc.  I'm looking if the team comes out looking prepared.  There are things that he's done well.  There's some things he's done really poorly.

In the above comments I noted I have less issue with him as a head coach and more as a play caller.  That's after looking at all of the things above.  I get it.  Bengals fans don't get a lot to be excited for.  I've been watching for the past 27 years.  I'm not trying to rain on the happiness, but "win game, coach good" is a terrible take.

Will Zac get better?  Will he grow?  Will I like him more in time? Maybe.  I don't "have to be right".  I'm not vindictive.  My only fear is that we have the equivalent of Bugatti of a team and we may ruin it because we were too quick to keep a potato of a play caller.  Hopefully I'm wrong in time (like I was about Eli Apple), but as of now, he's questionable at best.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:35 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: I'm not basing my thoughts on Zac Taylor based on his wins and losses.  That's the point.  I'm looking at his play calling.  I'm looking at the decisions he made in game.  I'm looking at how he's managed challenges, timeouts, etc.  I'm looking if the team comes out looking prepared.  There are things that he's done well.  There's some things he's done really poorly.

In the above comments I noted I have less issue with him as a head coach and more as a play caller.  That's after looking at all of the things above.  I get it.  Bengals fans don't get a lot to be excited for.  I've been watching for the past 27 years.  I'm not trying to rain on the happiness, but "win game, coach good" is a terrible take.

Will Zac get better?  Will he grow?  Will I like him more in time? Maybe.  I don't "have to be right".  I'm not vindictive.  My only fear is that we have the equivalent of Bugatti of a team and we may ruin it because we were too quick to keep a potato of a play caller.  Hopefully I'm wrong in time (like I was about Eli Apple), but as of now, he's questionable at best.

Your point is not invalid. When I look at some plays, I scratch my head. But, playcalling is something a coach improves with experience. Other intangibles, the coach either has them or he doesn't. Taylor has all the intangibles, his vision for the locker room, his ability to get players to listen to him and buy into what he's selling, his relationship with his Quarterbacks, his drafting and input on the right Free Agents... Taylor has all of this, his experience with calling NFL games will only get better.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Your point is not invalid. When I look at some plays, I scratch my head. But, playcalling is something a coach improves with experience. Other intangibles, the coach either has them or he doesn't. Taylor has all the intangibles, his vision for the locker room, his ability to get players to listen to him and buy into what he's selling, his relationship with his Quarterbacks, his drafting and input on the right Free Agents... Taylor has all of this, his experience with calling NFL games will only get better.

I hope I'm wrong.  I want Cincy to do well.  There's a window for success in every rookie QB contract, we're quickly approaching the halfway point of ours.  The thing that kills me the most is the consistency.  My hands and feet are still inside the car as the coaster goes on.
Reply/Quote

Sled, I'll be the first one to say I was wrong and I'll eat crow all day. 

Coming into this season I didn't think Taylor was made out to be a coach and I really thought Lou was the worst DC in the league. 

I've come around on both.  I think Taylor has really grown this year.  I think he's taken more chances in the past few weeks that he wouldn't have earlier in the year.  

I can see things going up and beyond for this team and organization.  Lets just hope they invest in the OL this offseason :) 
Reply/Quote