Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let’s Compare
(12-28-2021, 09:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Probably the same ones saying we haven't seen enough to know if Chase was the right pick for this team.  Hilarious

We haven't.   

Prefering Sewell was never about Chase being poor.  It was obvious he was gonna be good, and he has been better than good.  Deservedly a pro-bowler despite some costly drops (Chargers, + 1 more, Bears game?).  

The idea is that you can very good/great WRs later in round 1.  Jefferson was picked in the 20s, for instance.  Whilst generational OTs rarely last past 10.  

Of course, Sewell has yet to rise to a pro-bowl level. That has to happen before this is even a discussion.  

Those that advocated trading back for more picks might have had the best call.  I wouldn't mind Slater + Parsons.  

Carman instead of Creed Humphrey is the real boner pick, however.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 06:27 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We haven't.   

Prefering Sewell was never about Chase being poor.  It was obvious he was gonna be good, and he has been better than good.  Deservedly a pro-bowler despite some costly drops (Chargers, + 1 more, Bears game?).  

The idea is that you can very good/great WRs later in round 1.  Jefferson was picked in the 20s, for instance.  Whilst generational OTs rarely last past 10.  

Of course, Sewell has yet to rise to a pro-bowl level. That has to happen before this is even a discussion.  

Those that advocated trading back for more picks might have had the best call.  I wouldn't mind Slater + Parsons.  

Carman instead of Creed Humphrey is the real boner pick, however.

Preferring Sewell was a lack of understanding of weapons on offense.  I'm done.   Not going to respond to any more of this crap about Chase.  If people still don't see it....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 02:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: Just think if we don't have a rash of turnovers in a few games. I think the players lost at least two games, maybe 3 if you count GB.

I know everybody puts the Chicago loss to Burrow because he did have 3 picks. But it was a weird game from the beginning because our underneath checkdown routes literally went to a spot and stood still and the Chicago players just stood right with them and we didn't adjust and that led to some of the turnovers. I think the GB game we win if were aggressive on our last possession. I'll give you the Chargers game that one we just turned the ball over too much.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If they beat KC, he is Coach of the Year.  I don't know who else would deserve it.  

Matt LaFleur
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
ZT and front office has had three good drafts and effective FA picks, the idea Taylor has talent so that is why we might be winning w.ell duh, we have talent because of ZT.. so maybe unsure

Is Burrow going to be performing like he did with boyd, state, Morgan as WRs, no so of course you need some talent to win ... besides Higgins and Chase have Taylor influence in those major 2 picks.
Reply/Quote
The reason they took Chase over Sewell is that Sewell’s blocking scheme in college was different and they felt they needed someone (Chase) who would have a more immediate impact. Rookie tackles often take some adjusting. But they felt either pick would work. They had Jonah Williams and Reiff .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 08:20 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Matt LaFleur

He’s the favorite as he should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 08:20 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Matt LaFleur

Pfffftttttt....

The leader of a team that is run by Captain Covid Toe?  

Good season, but hardly exceeding expectations. 
Reply/Quote