Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let’s Get KJ Wright
First off, I know we’re not big in FA, but this linebacker for the Seahawks would be a great addition. Especially considering how weak we are at that position.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 11:59 AM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: First off, I know we’re not big in FA, but this linebacker for the Seahawks would be a great addition.  Especially considering how weak we are at that position.  

Thoughts?
Our absolute starter needs are RT, RG, 2 LB's.  If we get two of those as FA's, it gives us a lot more wiggle room in the draft.  We won't be forced to have to get them in the draft.  And we do have lots of cap space to play with too.

Signing KJ Wright would be a great place to start.  Wonder how much he will cost.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If they could get a quality LB and OL free agent in here this off-season it would really help open our draft up a bit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 12:15 PM)McC Wrote: Our absolute starter needs are RT,  RG, 2 LB's.  If we get two of those as FA's, it gives us a lot more wiggle room in the draft.  We won't be forced to have to get them in the draft.  And we do have lots of cap space to play with too.

Signing KJ Wright would be a great place to start.  Wonder how much he will cost.

Completely agree.
When it comes to FA, there are a decent amount of good LB options. There are a few decent RT options. I haven't seen many/any decent RG options.

I'd look at OG in the draft either in Rd 2 or 3. I'd definitely get a LB on Day 1 or Day 2 to pair with the FA, especially if Burfict is released/traded.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 12:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Completely agree.
When it comes to FA, there are a decent amount of good LB options. There are a few decent RT options. I haven't seen many/any decent RG options.

I'd look at OG in the draft either in Rd 2 or 3. I'd definitely get a LB on Day 1 or Day 2 to pair with the FA, especially if Burfict is released/traded.
Yeah.  Seems like it would be much easier to find a RG in the draft than a T.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I guess FA will show us if MB is really changing by opening up the purse strings and getting a couple of quality starters to give us some flexibility in the draft. Or if he's going to be stingy as he's always been.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Nothing worse than getting KJ wrong.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 11:59 AM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: First off, I know we’re not big in FA, but this linebacker for the Seahawks would be a great addition. Especially considering how weak we are at that position.

Thoughts?

This is definately the name i have been floating around at Linebacker in FA along with Trent Brown LT. We get these two and that would be a great start and we can shore up the rest of the team early in the Draft. KJ Wright is the type of Linebacker we have been needing here. Draft Devin White and our Linebacker core goes from our biggest weakness to a strength.

SAM - KJ Wright
MIKE - Devin White
WILL - Nick Vigil
Reply/Quote
Wright came out today and said he wants to stay in Seattle if possible so it'll be interesting to see if they get a deal done.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 04:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: Wright came out today and said he wants to stay in Seattle if possible so it'll be interesting to see if they get a deal done.

Well that suxx.  What is he thinking?  We've got coffee and rain here too.

The Seahawks have shown a willingness to move on from important parts of their lineup, though, so maybe there is still hope.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 04:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: Wright came out today and said he wants to stay in Seattle if possible so it'll be interesting to see if they get a deal done.

Doesn’t FA’s always say that? Like, they’re not going to come out and say they hate where they are or want to leave
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 07:37 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Doesn’t FA’s always say that? Like, they’re not going to come out and say they hate where they are or want to leave

Yes, Whit said the same thing about Cincy before he went to the Rams.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 11:59 AM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: First off, I know we’re not big in FA, but this linebacker for the Seahawks would be a great addition.  Especially considering how weak we are at that position.  

Thoughts?

I would love it. Super Bowl winner and great 3 down LB
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 03:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is definately the name i have been floating around at Linebacker in FA along with Trent Brown LT. We get these two and that would be a great start and we can shore up the rest of the team early in the Draft. KJ Wright is the type of Linebacker we have been needing here. Draft Devin White and our Linebacker core goes from our biggest weakness to a strength.

SAM - KJ Wright
MIKE - Devin White
WILL - Nick Vigil

Everything here was sounding good till I saw vigil starting at will. Like huh? Teams are in the nickle over 70 percent of the time so vigil would be the sam, but I doubt he will be starting or on the field much at all.
Reply/Quote
Mosely is a free agent no? Would much rather have him and it would weaken the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 11:58 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Mosely is a free agent no? Would much rather have him and it would weaken the Ravens.

I think most would agree, but feel likely Ravens tie him up by signing long term or franchise him in 2019.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 03:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is definately the name i have been floating around at Linebacker in FA along with Trent Brown LT. We get these two and that would be a great start and we can shore up the rest of the team early in the Draft. KJ Wright is the type of Linebacker we have been needing here. Draft Devin White and our Linebacker core goes from our biggest weakness to a strength.

SAM - KJ Wright
MIKE - Devin White
WILL - Nick Vigil

I like this quite a bit.  :andy:

My only change would be vigil with burfict. I am just not ready to give up on burfict yet. He makes steeler fans head spin, and for this reason alone i still want him on the team.. but seriously, i think another year is warranted,  he was a beast until last season and it seemed like the whole defense had a down year also. 
Reply/Quote