Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let’s be honest. Y’all got further than you should’ve.
And that’s not an insult. It’s a huge damn compliment. I’m not a betting man, but if I had to, there’s no way in hell I would’ve bet you guys win more than 8, let alone make the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl. Cincy, most of the season, had no business being here.

With adequate protection, Joe Burrow is going to absolutely demolish the NFL. I don’t see you guys missing the playoffs again for a very, very long time. And the fact that Burrow won’t let this loss faze him in the slightest, I don’t think a Patriots type dynasty is out of the question for Cincy. I really don’t.

Also — I’m not a Titans fan in case you guys were wondering. I’m a Burrow/Chase/Saints fan. Might even like the Bengals more than the Saints because Burrow/Chase meant that much to LSU.
Reply/Quote
When the season started, I was just hoping for a winning record.
After they started 5-2, I was thinking making the playoffs was a real possibility.
When they beat the Chiefs in week 17, I was stoked thinking we might actually win a playoff game.

For them to win the division, get 3 playoff victories and make the SB...is just mind boggling after only winning 6 games in 2 years. They far exceeded my expectations. I thought this year would be the stepping stone (where they show a lot of improvement) to next year, when they would compete in the playoffs. Instead, they did it this year and in a bigger way than anyone could've imagined. 
Reply/Quote
"A football team is never late. Nor is it early. It goes as far as it precisely means to" - Gandolfini Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:29 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: And that’s not an insult. It’s a huge damn compliment. I’m not a betting man, but if I had to, there’s no way in hell I would’ve bet you guys win more than 8, let alone make the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl. Cincy, most of the season, had no business being here.

With adequate protection, Joe Burrow is going to absolutely demolish the NFL. I don’t see you guys missing the playoffs again for a very, very long time. And the fact that Burrow won’t let this loss faze him in the slightest, I don’t think a Patriots type dynasty is out of the question for Cincy. I really don’t.

Also — I’m not a Titans fan in case you guys were wondering. I’m a Burrow/Chase/Saints fan. Might even like the Bengals more than the Saints because Burrow/Chase meant that much to LSU.

It's not an insult. It's pretty much a fact.
The most optimistic fans were the ones saying the Bengals would make the playoffs.
There MAY have been a couple people predicting divisional winner, but no one predicting winning a playoff game, let alone three of them.

While it's very frustrating to lose in the last 1-2 minutes of the Super Bowl, it was nice to actually see my team in one.
I wasn't watching football the last time they even won a playoff game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Your mom telling stories about me, again?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:29 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: And that’s not an insult. It’s a huge damn compliment. I’m not a betting man, but if I had to, there’s no way in hell I would’ve bet you guys win more than 8, let alone make the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl. Cincy, most of the season, had no business being here.

I think most Bengal fans know that.  If they don't they have theor head in the sand
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: "A football team is never late. Nor is it early. It goes as far as it precisely means to" - Gandolfini Mellow

A little fellowship paraphrase there Phil.  Nice
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:51 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: A little fellowship paraphrase there Phil.  Nice

You betcha! 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Your mom telling stories about me, again?

And now a braveheart reference.  Whats next?
Reply/Quote
I think most of us get that. The stretch vs the Chargers and Niners feels like such a long time ago, but this team was still looking at scenarios where they may not have even made the playoffs even in mid December.

It's tough to view the season as an absolute win on the day after the Super Bowl loss, but it really was. The rise was meteoric.
Reply/Quote
We had to have a whole lot of things go just right for us to make it this far. Astronomical odds that we would come within a minute and a blown call of a Superbowl title. So very lucky to get this far with a woeful OL. The organization has been negligent in putting a fortress around their franchise guy. If the Bengals would have been able to protect Joe they would have beaten the Rams by 2 or more scores.
Reply/Quote
LSUfan, do you post on Tiger droppings? It’s been nice having all the LSU fans jump onboard after the Saints were eliminated.

And you’re correct, we made it this far which was incredible. I was wanting us to compete for playoffs this year and make playoffs next year and possibly win a game and then compete for AFC. Bengals decided to do it all this year with a poor OL.
Reply/Quote

Come on up and hop on this bandwagon, there's plenty of room!

Yeah, I agree with you on the part about we really overachieved, and I hope you're right about the future. Joe is definitely a special player, and his sidekick ain't no slouch.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
You aren't wrong, but man it is hard to be a handful of plays away from a Superbowl win.

I really believe we win one with Burrow sooner than later though.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:55 PM)tBengal Wrote: LSUfan, do you post on Tiger droppings? It’s been nice having all the LSU fans jump onboard after the Saints were eliminated.

And you’re correct, we made it this far which was incredible. I was wanting us to compete for playoffs this year and make playoffs next year and possibly win a game and then compete for AFC. Bengals decided to do it all this year with a poor OL.

I did, then I got banned for popping off to somebody... lol

You’d be surprised. I know a TON of LSU fans who are anti-Saints though I can’t see why.

I became a Bengals supporter the second Burrow was drafted. So I wouldn’t call myself a true Bengals fan at all, but definitely not bandwagon after they made the playoffs, I predated that long before that happened. I’ve watched every single game since he was drafted. Every single one. When Jamarr got drafted, it intensified, and a TON of LSU fans jumped on, way before the Saints were eliminated. Some of them even hope he demolishes the Saints when he plays us. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: "A football team is never late. Nor is it early. It goes as far as it precisely means to" - Gandolfini Mellow

Tony Soprano said that?

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 05:32 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I did, then I got banned for popping off to somebody... lol

You’d be surprised. I know a TON of LSU fans who are anti-Saints though I can’t see why.

I became a Bengals supporter the second Burrow was drafted. So I wouldn’t call myself a true Bengals fan at all, but definitely not bandwagon after they made the playoffs, I predated that long before that happened. I’ve watched every single game since he was drafted. Every single one. When Jamarr got drafted, it intensified, and a TON of LSU fans jumped on, way before the Saints were eliminated. Some of them even hope he demolishes the Saints when he plays us. 

I love that board lol, sucks you got banned.

I gladly welcome you to the Bengals fandom! Hopefully we win a super bowl soon, I think we’re closer than ever.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 05:32 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I did, then I got banned for popping off to somebody... lol

They probably saw your Chase is a bust take…

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 05:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They probably saw your Chase is a bust take…

Clearly you don’t understand LSU fans. 
Reply/Quote
Definitely a good point, but only insofar as almost every team that makes the Super Bowl has gone further than they should have. Given today's parity, I would argue that it's true for literally every other team. There are no dynasties or anything close. Certainly not the Rams. Packers, Cards, Cowboys? Pfft. So the Super Bowl is a monumental achievement no matter who gets there. There's plenty for the Bengals to celebrate, and their future is unquestionably brighter than for 95% of the league (100%?).

That said, it still sucks to come home without the Lombardi. Bragging rights for an entire summer would have fun and richly deserved. Thankfully they'll get a chance to do it again (and again and again), while the memories from this incredible turnaround season will not fade. What we've seen over the past five months is truly historic, a stepping stone to the promised land.
Reply/Quote