Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let It All Thread To Vent and Not Argue About It
Figured we could start a thread like this just for people to complain (myself included) as much as they want about Mike Brown being cheap, about the Offensive Line being the worst in the league by far next year, about our draft strategy turning to shit lately, about the way we worry about comp. picks being so idiotic because it really didn't net us what we were hoping this year and we lost a ton of talent in Jones, Sanu, Nelson, and even Smith was missed with Ogbueturd starting. But yeah....vent away and if you do want to vent and want to think it is rainbows and sunshine with the direction this team is headed the last couple of years then please stay out of the thread.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
In summary:

The Bengals Suck, and will continue to suck under the leadership of our current GM.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I shouldn't be surprised with all of this, considering Son of Paul still owns the team, but this recent display did catch me off guard.  Shame on me for not thinking the last few years were an anomaly, and that this FO had gotten its shit together.  What a dumbass I was.  They won't fool me again.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:13 AM)Wyche Wrote: I shouldn't be surprised with all of this, considering Son of Paul still owns the team, but this recent display did catch me off guard.  Shame on me for not thinking the last few years were an anomaly, and that this FO had gotten its shit together.  What a dumbass I was.  They won't fool me again.

I keep saying that, every year..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:15 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I keep saying that, every year..

You think some of them ol boys on the old board were jaded and cynical?  You ain't seen shit yet! LMAO LMAO LMAO

Reply/Quote
You'll be hard pressed to find anyone that thinks this 6 win team got better or can improve in free agency (not much to replace quality lost) or the draft.

Smart teams (not something you hear associated with the Bengals) use free agency to fix issues that cant' be fixed in draft (because of weak talent coming out at those positions). The Bengals open significant holes at positions weak in this draft class. So while everyone will be stocking up on defensive talent in the most defensive rich class in a decade, the Bengals will be trying to fix an Oline come draft day with the weakest Oline prospect draft in decades....And then they worry about stockpiling comp picks in a weak draft class (2018).

Who still wonders why we look more like buffoons at the end of the season more often than not?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The biggest thing for me is they want this motto of keeping there own guys that they really should keep. Well they let Joseph walk...then last year they really ramped things up by letting Jones, Sanu, Nelson, and Smith go. Now this year we lost Whitworth and Zeitler who were the only two quality lineman last season on a team that gave up 41 sacks. I mean what the hell are they seriously even thinking. They have desire to cut guys that deserve to be cut (until later when there is no one to spend that money on) and they feed us BS of having 15 million total to spend when they are 43 million under the cap. They always say rollover money but where is that money each year...did it rollover to pay Jones? Did it rollover to pay Whitworth and Zeitler? The rollover is all BS it is just Mike Brown pocketing money year after year.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:22 AM)jj22 Wrote: You'll be hard pressed to find anyone that thinks this 6 win team got better or can improve in free agency (not much to replace quality lost) or the draft.

Smart teams (not something you hear associated with the Bengals) use free agency to fix issues that cant' be fixed in draft (because of weak talent coming out at those positions). The Bengals open significant holes at positions weak in this draft class. So while everyone will be stocking up on defensive talent in the most defensive rich class in a decade, the Bengals will be trying to fix an Oline come draft day with  the weakest Oline prospect draft in decades....And then they worry about stockpiling comp picks in a weak draft class (2018).

Who still wonders why we look more like buffoons at the end of the season more often than not?

Not me.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:25 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: The biggest thing for me is they want this motto of keeping there own guys that they really should keep. Well they let Joseph walk...then last year they really ramped things up by letting Jones, Sanu, Nelson, and Smith go. Now this year we lost Whitworth and Zeitler who were the only two quality lineman last season on a team that gave up 41 sacks. I mean what the hell are they seriously even thinking. They have desire to cut guys that deserve to be cut (until later when there is no one to spend that money on) and they feed us BS of having 15 million total to spend when they are 43 million under the cap. They always say rollover money but where is that money each year...did it rollover to pay Jones? Did it rollover to pay Whitworth and Zeitler? The rollover is all BS it is just Mike Brown pocketing money year after year.

Yep.  Zeitler was even mentioned as a guy they needed to save money for as an excuse to not spend in FA.  As I said, these assholes won't fool me again.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.  Zeitler was even mentioned as a guy they needed to save money for as an excuse to not spend in FA.  As I said, these assholes won't fool me again.

Just to keep the mood right..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU_y9FB0QKk

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.  Zeitler was even mentioned as a guy they needed to save money for as an excuse to not spend in FA.  As I said, these assholes won't fool me again.

They do this every year....we are going to rollover money for the guys hitting free agency next year...the next year comes and those guys go and that money is rolled over to another year for players not to be paid...It isn't even about fooling me...I expect this out of them at this point. It still pisses me off every single year. Other teams are trying to get better that we "model model" from...Pats signing Gilmore the top CB and trading for Allen at TE to pair with Gronk and possibly adding Brandin Cooks all while knowing how to utilize the comp system much better than the bengals. Then the Ravens who added Weddle last year and now Jefferson this year to give them the best safety tandem in the league when that was a huge issue they have had lately. They also were able to resign there stud DT Williams that everyone thought they would lose. They want to WIN. The Pats make trades more than anyone else in the league because they want to WIN. Mike Brown just wants to save money. We are nothing like those teams and never will be. If I wasn't so damn loyal to this team for the last 15 years since I graduated High School and went to my first game I would go find another team. It was easier back then when I didn't have a team and just watched the games for fun. I had to live close to this team and choose them to follow...ugh...
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is so cheap, his hearing aid has a solar panel.
Reply/Quote
Get rid of everyone who is not a player.
Keep Katie for the finances.
Let the fans call the plays.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
[quote pid='355223' dateline='1489153746']
Mike Brown is so cheap, his hearing aid has a solar panel.
[/quote]

Mikey is so cheap he doesn't even pay attention.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I'm completely fine with the revolving door of players, if you're hitting on every top 3 round pick and maybe 1 of 3 in the rounds after that. As soon as your picks suck, can't get healthy or never get a chance, you're in trouble.

We're seeing it now.

There was a time we had the Ilokas, Burficts, Zeitlers, Kirkpatricks, etc...step right in and start, replacing lesser-talented, more expensive players.

Right now we have 2 first round CB's and we don't know if either are NFL starters. So, we blow all our cap room on a good, not great CB, and let the weakest spot on the team (OL) bleed. I can handle losing Zeitler if the philosophy is you don't pay guards...but you better be finding guards in the draft that don't drop off.

Also, for a team that has always lacked leadership and discipline, Whitworth was one of those guys you almost should've overpaid just to keep, even if the metrics of his contract and age don't fit within your scheme.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 11:49 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I'm completely fine with the revolving door of players, if you're hitting on every top 3 round pick and maybe 1 of 3 in the rounds after that.  As soon as your picks suck, can't get healthy or never get a chance, you're in trouble.

We're seeing it now.

There was a time we had the Ilokas, Burficts, Zeitlers, Kirkpatricks, etc...step right in and start, replacing lesser-talented, more expensive players.

Right now we have 2 first round CB's and we don't know if either are NFL starters.  So, we blow all our cap room on a good, not great CB, and let the weakest spot on the team (OL) bleed.  I can handle losing Zeitler if the philosophy is you don't pay guards...but you better be finding guards in the draft that don't drop off.

Also, for a team that has always lacked leadership and discipline, Whitworth was one of those guys you almost should've overpaid just to keep, even if the metrics of his contract and age don't fit within your scheme.

Exactly my sentiments my friend.  I'd add that once they found out they didn't hit on those drafts, they didn't have a contingency plan, and are too stubborn/stupid to adapt.  Reactive vs proactive never gets the worm....so to speak.

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is so cheap he had zippers installed on his pockets....with padlocks.
Reply/Quote
We have blown a lot of drafts recently. What could have been. A team that was so talented that we could just go bpa and stash people away is now filled with holes. All this to not win a playoff game either.
Reply/Quote
I think we may need to stop calling the current owner son of Paul. I mean without some sort of DNA testing, I have to believe he is actually the demon seed of some half inbred milkman that banged Paul Brown's wife while the team was playing an away game.

There is no possible way a guy could be related to one of the smartest football minds ever and just completely fail this hard at simple team building.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This is the least amount of arguing in ages on what folks think of the Bengals as of today. A couple or so years ago and before there was sharp discussions amongst fans for sure. But now though, I hardly see anyone in here and elsewhere sticking up for the organization overall.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote