Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let It All Thread To Vent and Not Argue About It
The Bengals suck, and I suck for continuing to put up with it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 11:49 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I'm completely fine with the revolving door of players, if you're hitting on every top 3 round pick and maybe 1 of 3 in the rounds after that.  As soon as your picks suck, can't get healthy or never get a chance, you're in trouble.

We're seeing it now.

There was a time we had the Ilokas, Burficts, Zeitlers, Kirkpatricks, etc...step right in and start, replacing lesser-talented, more expensive players.

Right now we have 2 first round CB's and we don't know if either are NFL starters.  So, we blow all our cap room on a good, not great CB, and let the weakest spot on the team (OL) bleed.  I can handle losing Zeitler if the philosophy is you don't pay guards...but you better be finding guards in the draft that don't drop off.

Also, for a team that has always lacked leadership and discipline, Whitworth was one of those guys you almost should've overpaid just to keep, even if the metrics of his contract and age don't fit within your scheme.

That last sentence speaks volumes.
Reply/Quote
Did I just read they gave Dre a 5 year deal worth over 10 million dollars a year? That's $100,000 per defensive holding call.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis is a turd burglar.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Marvin Lewis is a turd burglar.

He's Turd Ferguson!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
There arguments that can be made for allowing Whit and Zeitler to go. However, the money is there. Mike Brown simply doesn't want to spend it. That's the real problem here. I get the letting them go too early instead of too late, but Whit was THE leader of this team. What he meant to the locker room alone was worth the contract he got. He should've retired in stripes, period. As for Zeitler, they keep saying they don't value interior OLine. Then why the hell did you draft an interior OLineman in the first round? What was the point?Mike Brown is the dumbest **** that has ever lived.

We rolled over $6.6m from last year that the team said was not intended for this year's free agents. So I guess they're rolling that over to next year. To get down to their self imposed cap this year, they have to be rolling over another $6m or so as well. So that's $12-13m going into next year. If Burfict or Eifert leave next year, we should burn PBS to the ground. The cap will rise again, we'll have even more cap space next year, and now we're adding another $12-13m on top of it. We're going to have enough money to re-sign every one of our own plus a couple of top tier free agents. Of course that won't happen and Hobson will tell us about how the Bengals have to save for Green and Dalton's next contracts.

It's just a joke and the rest of the league knows we're a joke as well. We had 2-3 drafts that we hit on and that carried us to some regular season success, but we've came back to earth since then.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 08:12 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: There arguments that can be made for allowing Whit and Zeitler to go. However, the money is there. Mike Brown simply doesn't want to spend it. That's the real problem here. I get the letting them go too early instead of too late, but Whit was THE leader of this team. What he meant to the locker room alone was worth the contract he got. He should've retired in stripes, period. As for Zeitler, they keep saying they don't value interior OLine. Then why the hell did you draft an interior OLineman in the first round? What was the point?Mike Brown is the dumbest **** that has ever lived.

We rolled over $6.6m from last year that the team said was not intended for this year's free agents. So I guess they're rolling that over to next year. To get down to their self imposed cap this year, they have to be rolling over another $6m or so as well. So that's $12-13m going into next year. If Burfict or Eifert leave next year, we should burn PBS to the ground. The cap will rise again, we'll have even more cap space next year, and now we're adding another $12-13m on top of it. We're going to have enough money to re-sign every one of our own plus a couple of top tier free agents. Of course that won't happen and Hobson will tell us about how the Bengals have to save for Green and Dalton's next contracts.

It's just a joke and the rest of the league knows we're a joke as well. We had 2-3 drafts that we hit on and that carried us to some regular season success, but we've came back to earth since then.

I said the same thing earlier....though I narrowed it down to '10 and '11....if you're gonna be cheap, you better NAIL every single draft.  We haven't.  It's catching up to us now.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 08:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: He's Turd Ferguson!

[Image: 200_s.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 08:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: He's Turd Ferguson!

Without the funny hat. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
My biggest complaint is that we aren't willing to cut guys like Jones to make room for a signing that could make up for the loss of Whit and Zeitler.

That's my biggest complaint about the franchise in general not just this FA. The team isn't active enough when it comes to roster moves whether it's cutting dead weight to make room for a FA signing, cutting Nugent or refusing to give young guys experience when the season is shot it's all the same and if they do act it's too little too late.
Reply/Quote
1.) Why not franchise tag Whitworth?
2.) Why not resign Zietler? b.) if you knew you weren't going to keep him why not trade him? C.) If you knew you weren't going to keep him and you knew you were not going to make the playoffs; Then why not play Westermen at the end of the year?
3.) Why overpay on Kirkpatrick when we have so many investments at corner? B.) If we are so invested in comps why did we sign him when we could have gotten a third for him instead?
4.) Why do we value Corner so much when all we do is play 2 deep safety and 10 yards off at the line?
5.) Why the duck is pacman still here?
6.) Why are both Rays still here and why is pat Sims still here?
7.) why are we loyal to complete crap?
8.) why don't value interior lineman?

https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown complains about the delivery charge when ordering his Pizza Hut. (Larosas is too expensive)

Mike Brown's favorite magazine of all time is Reach.

Mike Brown does all of his clothes shopping at Gabriel Brothers.

Mike Brown wipes, folds over, then wipes again.

Mike Brown offered his neighbor 10 dollars a month for his wifi password.

The best steak Mike Brown ever paid for was from Golden Coral.

Mike Brown drives a Hyundai Sonata

Mike Brown wished for his penny back immediately after throwing into the well.

Mike Brown only flies Jet Blue.

Mike Brown drinks Dr. K with his lunch, and Busch Light when he's looking to unwind.

Mike Brown cuts his own hair.

Mike Brown mows lawns for extra cash.
Reply/Quote
1.Would we still have Whit or Zeitler if Pac Man didnt act like an ass?

2.Where the hell did the money go? We didnt spend it last year.

3.Where did the money that we offered M.Jones last year go?

4.Why draft a Guard in the first if you dont value the position.

5.When M.Jones refused the offer that we "matched" why didnt we use it to try to get a deal done with Zeitler or Whit.

8.Why the hell is Maulauga still taking up cap money.

9.Why the hell is Pac Man still taking up cap money.

10.Why cant this front office be more creative with contracts.

11.Why does FA's seem to be a surprise to this franchise every year.

12.Why do we still have AJ McCarron, the longer we wait the less likely we will get an offer.

13.Why is Mangold not a Bengal yet.

14.Why do I waste my time with this team.
Reply/Quote