Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let it all out, rant thread
(11-17-2023, 10:25 AM)Housh Wrote: Welp

There this season goes

Meh the Bengals have been relatively healthy the last couple of years (late specific injuries hurt them yes) the world is not gonna end because of a down season. Its the rebuilding phase after the season is over that can cost the Bengals their future. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 01:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Why are boobs good?

Don't tell anyone, especially your wife or girlfriend, but they definitely have an expiration date. The factory always forgets to put on the stamp though.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Down with 1:43 left in the half on 4 and 3 we punt only to let the ravens score a TD.

Gutless.

Even when the Bengals made it to the Superbowl and I continued to say zac wasn't good and the team won games despite him not because of him I got flamed by everyone here.

He's done some positive work here but he's not going to get this team over the hump and is holding them back.

I think the players like him though and there's something to be said for that

I don't know what the answer is.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:34 AM)motoarch Wrote: Down with 1:43 left in the half on 4 and 3 we punt only to let the ravens score a TD.

Gutless.

Even when the Bengals made it to the Superbowl and I continued to say zac wasn't good and the team won games despite him not because of him I got flamed by everyone here.

He's done some positive work here but he's not going to get this team over the hump and is holding them back.

I think the players like him though and there's something to be said for that

I don't know what the answer is.

I could be mistaken, but I think the ref gave the Ravens that TD.  

The NFL is the new WWF.  Last nights game proved that.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure I'd classify my comment as a rant but I do want to "let it all out" that I find the offense boring to watch. I'd be happy with a boring offense though if it equated to on-field dominance.

Who Dey I hope the season gets better.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 10:29 AM)Synric Wrote: Meh the Bengals have been relatively healthy the last couple of years (late specific injuries hurt them yes) the world is not gonna end because of a down season. Its the rebuilding phase after the season is over that can cost the Bengals their future. 

I think the depression sets in because this was our last real shot  to build a Super Bowl winning team with our young, relatively cheap players. While I agree with Burrow our window will always be open with him at QB, it is immensely harder to build a team while paying a franchise QB. We will have to rely on drafting for the most part and outside of a few hits, our draft history doesn't inspire confidence. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 02:52 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Whos idea was it to cut a round pizza into triangles only to put it in a square box?

I wish they cut the pizza pie into 4 slices because I can't finish 8.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:30 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I wish they cut the pizza pie into 4 slices because I can't finish 8.

It'd be a real crisis if they cut it into squares.. I know..sacreligious, but it's still an option.. I'm fairly certain the pizza doesn't care.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Here is a mini rant.

In all likelihood I’ve spent a thousand ***** dollars to watch Jake Browning, Gardner Minshew and Josh Dobbs in a few weeks. (That’s just for tickets let alone hotels flights spending money etc)

I was sat in the pub a few weeks back and we were talking about how a fan from abroad had come to watch my football team “soccer” for you lot. They had the red carpet rolled out tour of stadium signed shirt etc.

One of my mates suggested emailing the Bengals as it will be my 13th and 14th live games to see if I could get a tour of the stadium or something as it costs about 6k a trip.

So thought **** it why not didn’t even ask for a tour I just asked if it would be possible to maybe go in the field after a game and get a quick photo on the logo as it would have been a great Xmas present for me.

Got an email a couple of days later saying thanks for the support blah blah but only sponsors are allowed on the field but you can continue to support the team by going to the pro shop or by tailgating at the banks.

So that’s what flying halfway around the world and supporting em for nearly 25 years gets you a thanks but **** off you aren’t standing on a bit of fake grass for 30 seconds :lol:
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:39 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I could be mistaken, but I think the ref gave the Ravens that TD.  

The NFL is the new WWF.  Last nights game proved that.

Yeah 2 pi calls.  The first was ticky tacky the other didn't happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:59 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Here is a mini rant.

In all likelihood I’ve spent a thousand ***** dollars to watch Jake Browning, Gardner Minshew and Josh Dobbs in a few weeks. (That’s just for tickets let alone hotels flights spending money etc)

I was sat in the pub a few weeks back and we were talking about how a fan from abroad had come to watch my football team “soccer” for you lot. They had the red carpet rolled out tour of stadium signed shirt etc.

One of my mates suggested emailing the Bengals as it will be my 13th and 14th live games to see if I could get a tour of the stadium or something as it costs about 6k a trip.

So thought **** it why not didn’t even ask for a tour I just asked if it would be possible to maybe go in the field after a game and get a quick photo on the logo as it would have been a great Xmas present for me.

Got an email a couple of days later saying thanks for the support blah blah but only sponsors are allowed on the field but you can continue to support the team by going to the pro shop or by tailgating at the banks.

So that’s what flying halfway around the world and supporting em for nearly 25 years gets you a thanks but **** off you aren’t standing on a bit of fake grass for 30 seconds LOL

That is a justifiable rant. Flying from England multiple times to see the Bengals definitely should have been treated with more appreciation. That's really appalling. 
Reply/Quote
Guess it is time for me to rant a bit. We once again went into the Shotgun far too much and not nearly enough under Center.

We once again went away from the running game when it was working.

We once again put too much pressure on our Defense by not scoring TD's.

This was some poor coaching this year, I thought Zac, Lou and Pollack specifically would get better at what they do with what
they added to the team in the Offseason, they didn't. I know as Burrow goes, we go, but that isn't how you build a great team.

You build the team so it can win even without its best player.Pissed
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:40 PM)motoarch Wrote: Yeah 2 pi calls.  The first was ticky tacky the other didn't happen.

I see that Tony Dungy agrees with you. He stated he understood missing something that happened, but calling a PI on something that never happened? He said if not for the injuries, the lousy officiating would have been the story, such as the penalty called on DJ Turner. The Bengals had so few penalties all year and then 9 last night?

Even the delay of game call. The ref analyst was trying to make a case that it was on zero for a long time, but as he was saying that, they showed the play and the ball was being hiked almost at the same time as the zero registered. I've seen plays -- such as Tucker's game winning kick a year or two ago -- when it was zero for a few seconds. This was hiked milliseconds after it hit zero.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:59 PM)Nepa Wrote: I see that Tony Dungy agrees with you. He stated he understood missing something that happened, but calling a PI on something that never happened? He said if not for the injuries, the lousy officiating would have been the story, such as the penalty called on DJ Turner. The Bengals had so few penalties all year and then 9 last night?

Even the delay of game call. The ref analyst was trying to make a case that it was on zero for a long time, but as he was saying that, they showed the play and the ball was being hiked almost at the same time as the zero registered. I've seen plays -- such as Tucker's game winning kick a year or two ago -- when it was zero for a few seconds. This was hiked milliseconds after it hit zero.

Yeah, the refs called the game in the Ravens favor for damn sure. DJ Turner couldn't of done a better job on that phantom PI call.

On the bright side, I like Jordan Battle and I love my guy Logan Wilson on Defense along with Turner.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:59 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: So that’s what flying halfway around the world and supporting em for nearly 25 years gets you a thanks but **** off you aren’t standing on a bit of fake grass for 30 seconds LOL

I've been able to visit the field on a few occasions.  Hands-down the best experience occurred on Christmas Eve, 2017.  The Bengals were hosting the Lions amidst another lost season and had absolutely nothing on the line, while the Lions were angling for a Wild Card spot.  I and my guest were part of a group allowed on the field to stand behind the cheerleaders as the players exited the tunnel and ran to mid-field.  Despite that fact that the stadium was maybe only 2/3 full, and the game was meaningless, it was nonetheless an electric experience.  And, we won and ended the Lions' playoff chances, for what that's worth.  

Two other times I was on the field when it wasn't a game day and there were no crowd or players present. Once was a practice open for some season ticket holders, and we got to stand on the sidelines and see the players as they exited the field.  On another occasion, in the summer, they offered stadium tours with a field visit.  During that visit my girlfriend (now wife) pantomimed a pass that I "caught" and celebrated with my best Ickey Shuffle, and we had a few laughs.  

I have no advice, I just wanted to relive those experiences and offer my condolences on the missed opportunity for you.  It's too bad you weren't here as part of that UK fans group a few weeks back.  They certainly got the royal treatment by the Bengals.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Take the source for what it is worth, but I think the play on the field and our drafting backs up the numbers. Bengals just don't draft or sign athletic linemen and it comes back to bite them, as it has done for the past several years.

"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 02:13 PM)SladeX Wrote: Why do hot dogs come in packs of 10, and buns in packs of 8? Why? WHY?!?

The bun length hot dogs do come in packs of 8.
Reply/Quote
I blame %$#& Pedro Borbon for our misery
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:57 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Take the source for what it is worth, but I think the play on the field and our drafting backs up the numbers. Bengals just don't draft or sign athletic linemen and it comes back to bite them, as it has done for the past several years.

Now I want to rant! 

I've been talking about the construction of OL and the lack for athleticism all year some guy comes along and makes a pretty chart and everyone will act like its the first time its been said!

RantRantRant

Edit: Not attacking you Chris lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Now I want to rant! 

I've been talking about the construction of OL and the lack for athleticism all year some guy comes along and makes a pretty chart and everyone looks like its the first time its been said!

RantRantRant

Edit: Not attacking you Chris lol.

Come on Synric, if you'd just gone to Kinko's and printed something nice out, good font, pretty colors, it might be a different story! Hilarious

And don't worry, I don't take anything personally!
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote