Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Let it go, DeAngelo.
(04-08-2016, 10:07 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote:  I neither hate nor respect you guys.   Cool

Who knows, maybe PIT will be able to keep some of their prima donnas on the field for at least half the season, eh. Hilarious
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 06:58 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25544558/deangelo-williams-vontaze-burfict-hit-ruined-steelers-super-bowl-run?linkId=23137430

Cry Cry Cry
Let. It. GO.

more like Bells weak knee hurt their chances and the fact Williams couldnt pick up the slack...

Seriously Bell can he finish a season? that was a normal tackle. he just breaks under pressure apparently.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 07:31 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I agree it is part of the strategy. But (and this is a good problem to have, I'd say), the talent of guys like Bell and Brown ends up turning routine short plays into big plays and the offense into an explosive offense.

BTW - I still hate you guys. I just respect you while I hate you! ThumbsUp

Coltsy? Confused

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 10:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: more like Bells weak knee hurt their chances and the fact Williams couldnt pick up the slack...

Seriously Bell can he finish a season? that was a normal tackle.  he just breaks under pressure apparently.

Mellow

[Image: rhdm8bxmxkwbhvcrkavy.gif]

[Image: 20151213__andy-dalton~p1.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 10:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: more like Bells weak knee hurt their chances and the fact Williams couldnt pick up the slack...

Seriously Bell can he finish a season? that was a normal tackle.  he just breaks under pressure apparently.

Williams picked up the slack just fine...Not sure where you get that from.  He was injured and not on the field for the Bengals game.

Not sure why you think it was a normal tackle either.  Burfict's body ended up whipping around and hitting Bells Leg from the side right at the knee.  This rarely happens.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 10:15 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Who knows, maybe PIT will be able to keep some of their prima donnas on the field for at least half the season, eh. Hilarious

[Image: snapshot_20151213_130609.jpg]
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 04:13 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: [Image: snapshot_20151213_130609.jpg]

Only missed 4 games. 16/2=8.

Pfft.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 04:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Only missed 4 games. 16/2=8.

Pfft.

Could have been five.  

[Image: abhit.0.gif]

[Image: porter.0.gif]

[Image: kickpit.0.gif]

[Image: pacman-jones-crying-on-sideline-after-lo...gif?w=1000]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 04:12 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Williams picked up the slack just fine...Not sure where you get that from.  He was injured and not on the field for the Bengals game.

Not sure why you think it was a normal tackle either.  Burfict's body ended up whipping around and hitting Bells Leg from the side right at the knee.  This rarely happens.

Yeah, I don't think most people think it was intentional, but it seemed like a move that, if replicated, would lead to injury most of the time.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 04:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Could have been five.  

[Image: abhit.0.gif]

[Image: porter.0.gif]

[Image: kickpit.0.gif]

[Image: pacman-jones-crying-on-sideline-after-lo...gif?w=1000]

Yeah it's not like there should've been offsetting penalties anywhere in those pictures.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 08:16 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Yeah it's not like there should've been offsetting penalties anywhere in those pictures.

Or two players who couldn't control themselves and cost their team the game.  
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 08:16 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Yeah it's not like there should've been offsetting penalties anywhere in those pictures.

If Burfict's and Jones' penalties could have offset, Pacman would have looked like a genius for pushing the ref.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote

You guys have short memories. This was discussed at length. Porter was fined and you guys take it as an admission that the league missed the call. Fine. But Dingleberry was fined for his part in the mele too. So.....that means that the league missed that call as well. Therefore Porter and Dingleberry's penalties should have been the offsetting ones and Ms Pac Mans penalty still stands.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 09:23 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You guys have short memories. This was discussed at length. Porter was fined and you guys take it as an admission that the league missed the call. Fine. But Dingleberry was fined for his part in the mele too. So.....that means that the league missed that call as well. Therefore Porter and Dingleberry's penalties should have been the offsetting ones and Ms Pac Mans penalty still stands.  ThumbsUp

Logic.  They don't do that here.  
Reply/Quote
Burfict is so far into the steelers players and their fans heads its not even funny. They are all worried about who he will break next season.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 12:12 PM)Beaker Wrote: Burfict is so far into the steelers players and their fans heads its not even funny. They are all worried about who he will break next season.

I'm not even sure Burfict is still in his own head....
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 12:12 PM)Beaker Wrote: Burfict is so far into the steelers players and their fans heads its not even funny. They are all worried about who he will break next season.

True that.

And if you let a dumb person get into your head, you probably ought to wonder who the dumb person really is. Ninja

[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 01:44 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: True that.

And if you let a dumb person get into your head, you probably ought to wonder who the dumb person really is. Ninja

The dumb person.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 09:23 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You guys have short memories. This was discussed at length. Porter was fined and you guys take it as an admission that the league missed the call. Fine. But Dingleberry was fined for his part in the mele too. So.....that means that the league missed that call as well. Therefore Porter and Dingleberry's penalties should have been the offsetting ones and Ms Pac Mans penalty still stands.  ThumbsUp

Except they don't enforce multiple penalties against one team, so that was still 15 free yards that shouldn't have happened.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 06:07 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Except they don't enforce multiple penalties against one team, so that was still 15 free yards that shouldn't have happened.

Wrong.

(01-21-2016, 07:34 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: http://uaasnfl.blob.core.windows.net/live/1807/2015_nfl_rule_book_final.pdf   (pg 65)

A foul against an official is not part of a Multiple Foul and will be enforced in addition to any other foul.

Not trying to start shit or beat a dead horse, but with all that I've heard and read about the Pac Man/Porter penalty I thought that I'd look it up myself in the rulebook. I know the first reaction is going to be that Porter should have been called and the NFL admitted this when fining Porter and even though the don't truly offset, they should cancel each other out....Move it forward 15 for Jones and then back 15 for Porter. But....the NFL also fined Wallace Gillberry for his part in the festivities on the field. So in fining Gillberry the NFL admits that it should have called a penalty on him as well. In this case his and Porters penalties would have offset and the Jones penalty stands alone as per the rules and the ball ends up being spotted exactly where it was.

I'd post this in the JN form but I know that it is against the rules for me to do so, plus Im sure it would go over like a fart in church there.
Reply/Quote