Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let me give you hope!
(09-16-2019, 02:21 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't want hope.

I want Mike Brown's head on a pike hanging from the Suspension Bridge as a warning to all future owners that this crap will not be tolerated. It is time to get medieval.

We should also start bleeding players when they play poorly.. You know..leeches and so on. Anyone up for an inquisitor to coerce confessions on who played poorly? Draw and quarter them until they confess!  I know..when surgery is required hire local barbers and perhaps local farmers instead of actual skilled surgeons and skip those pesky sanitation requirements. Do ACL surgery with rusty knives, no anesthesia and pack em with animal dung performed by the local monks..!   Let's go back to the "good old days" of REAL true ignorance.  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I want Burrow in the 2nd round....

I want Lawrence in the following draft. Grab O line or Chase Young with our top 3 pick this year and go full on tank next year again.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:14 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Hey Zac Taylor,welcome to cincy,home of massive losers each and every year.You say you had these guys well prepared?? come on man,they read all week long how great they were in a losing situation in seattle and the media pumped them up full of sh====t and made them feel like world beaters and I have been sayin all week,this franchise cannot take good praise,it goes to their heads and then they lay a gaint egg.Guess what, they were not prepared and the niners out played them in all phases,were so much more physical,faster and more hungry and their qb looked like a top qb and old andy looked and was slow,could not hit his receivers and is very slow at running and he got sacked 4 times.what a team.This defense was the worse I have every watched in 50 years.That was a massive massive beat down in everyway.Andy needs to ride the bench and put the other guy in.We need help EVERYWHERE AND WHATS UP WITH JOE MIXON????I believe its the line.It will not be very long that these terrible players will go sour on ZT.Its coming.I am so so mad,how could you be so awlful and do not tell me you were ready,you stink!!!!! :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
good post 40 year fan from a fifty year fan.

pretty much sums things up.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:36 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: That's true but you don't just get the high pick in the 1st round. You get a higher pick in the 2nd round as well.

Remember we tried unsuccessfully to trade up in the second round for another O-lineman this year. Imagine last draft we'd had a top 3 pick. We could have traded back in the first round, still picked Jonah Williams but grabbed an extra first/second round pick and then had a second O-lineman Dalton Risner/Cody Ford/Jawaan Taylor etc at the top of the second. All of a sudden we have three cards to play to fix the O-line, instead of just the one we ended up with.

I understand how the draft, and trading of picks process works.  The example that I was responding to was one of QB, and looking forward to next year's draft, rather than looking at this past draft in retrospect.  

FWIW, I still think that the Bengals did the right thing, in drafting Jonah Williams with their 1st round pick.  He was clearly the best LT prospect in the draft, and that is what they needed to be looking at.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So who still believes Cordy has been in concussion protocol for the last 6 weeks?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 03:05 PM)yang Wrote: So who still believes Cordy has been in concussion protocol for the last 6 weeks?

Uh, no one who knows how to count and can use a calendar.

But I believe he has been dealing with it for a little over 4 weeks.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:13 PM)yang Wrote: Bengals vs Dolphins December 22nd! Battle for first pick! #TankingforTua!!

I can't imagine the amount of prep that will go into this contest. The over/under on Turnovers in Vegas will probably hover around 74. You can only give the opposing teams so many points with safeties so you have to enlist their defensive players to score. The trick is to find high ego guys or players that just want to make a highlight reel to leave town with. Minkah Fitzpatrick might have 5 scores if hangs in till then!

We'll have a bigger issue on our own side and might have to sit Mixon and Ross that are apt to just score. I can't imagine Dalton will still be living this late in the season, how many sacks/hits can you take? So given that Finley looked good we now see the wisdom in keeping Dolegada aka gadaloseforus.
Tua gets injured a lot. I like Jalen Hurts. Alabama wouldn’t have even made it into the championship game last year if it wasn’t for Jalen. And now he’s killing it in Oklahoma
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 03:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I understand how the draft, and trading of picks process works.  The example that I was responding to was one of QB, and looking forward to next year's draft, rather than looking at this past draft in retrospect.  

FWIW, I still think that the Bengals did the right thing, in drafting Jonah Williams with their 1st round pick.  He was clearly the best LT prospect in the draft, and that is what they needed to be looking at.

Sorry wasn't trying to suggest you didn't understand how it worked. Was just trying to highlight, by using last year as an example, that picking high would help us rebuild the roster in other rounds as well even if the first round pick didn't pan out.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Before last year when was the last time a QB from Texas Tech mattered in the NFL?

BTW no other college has more QBs to win a Super Bowl that Alabama's 3 (Starr, Namath, Stabler)

Purdue has 3 winning QB's as well.
Notre Dame has 3 Qb's as well (not sure if all 3 were winners)
Cal has put 5 qb's in the Superbowl.

On a side note, QB's from colleges in the following states have never started in a SB:
Texas
Oklahoma
Kansas
Alaska
Hawaii
Nevada
Washington
Missouri
Colorado
Minnesota
North Dakota
South Dakota
Montana
Idaho
South Carolina
North Carolina
Virginia
Arkansas
Maine
Vermont
Wyoming
New Hampshire
Rhode Island

I would say Oklahoma's chances are improving a lot.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:06 PM)motoarch Wrote: So when was the last time a QB from Alabama mattered in the NFL?

About the same time as a QB from Ohio St did.  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 03:32 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Tua gets injured a lot.  I like Jalen Hurts.  Alabama wouldn’t have even made it into the championship game last year if it wasn’t for Jalen. And now he’s killing it in Oklahoma

That would be sick if he wins the Heisman and gets drafted with the First Pick.
3 years 3 qbs all from Oklahoma... and Technically, next year Mordicai will be a Jr and if he tears it up, he could declare, then the following year Rattler would be a Jr, and he could declare.  Kinda unlikely, but who knows, that Offense is killing it, just wish we could build a Defense..

Shoot, look at the TE in Baltimore. Mark Andrews, ugh wanted him in the draft 2 years ago!
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 03:32 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Tua gets injured a lot.  I like Jalen Hurts.  Alabama wouldn’t have even made it into the championship game last year if it wasn’t for Jalen. And now he’s killing it in Oklahoma

Hurts and Burrow are my top two choices at this point...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:40 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I want Lawrence in the following draft. Grab O line or Chase Young with our top 3 pick this year and go full on tank next year again.

Would need the #1 overall pick...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:23 PM)motoarch Wrote: Macoroni was never good and was only considered tradable by a few people on this board.  No one outside of Cincinnati though he was worth going after which is why he didn't get traded and it turns out they were right.  He couldn't even get a starting gig in Buffalo going up against scrubs. 

For the most part you're right, except the whole Browns trading us 2nd and 3rd round picks for him that got screwed up because the Browns are always gonna Brown.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 04:56 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Would need the #1 overall pick...

It can be done!!!

This year, play it out and use every pick on LB and OL. 

Let that new O-line sort it out and make sure you go 0-16.

Then, #1 overall is Lawrence. You have a young o-line with time together, and the franchise QB we haven't had in ages and there is suddenly a chance for hope.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: According to traditional logic, yes.  However, as we have seen many times throughout the years, the highest rated college prospect doesn't always pan out to become the exceptional professional player that they are projected to be.

Our track record of first rounders lately I would trade the 1st round and stack up on 2nd and 3 rd rounders.

You can count anyone we draft in the 1st round out there rookie year.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 07:36 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Our track record of first rounders lately I would trade the 1st round and stack up on 2nd and 3 rd rounders.  

You can count anyone we draft in the 1st round out there rookie year.

Be that as it may, it does not mean you should choose to not select from the best talent available.  It just means that the team needs to take a serious look at who is doing the picking and talent evaluation.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If we get the number one pick we better trade it for a blockbuster trade giving us another (along with ours after we trade/cut/lose to fa, key members of the Dalton/Green era) possible early pick in 2021 (so we can then have a shot at Lawrence) and multiple others over the next two years.

I am down for the build through the draft model, but we need picks.

That's why it's going to take a long time to build. We don't even have comp picks (as if we ever made good picks with them to begin with) in the 2020 draft to rely on for some extra picks.

A true rebuild is needed, but who can trust them to do it right? They'd probably go the Dolphin route without getting the picks as the players we lose will likely leave in free agency. Then we'll be back relying on comp picks. For the players under 30. Which with this aging roster, there won't be many.

It doesn't matter. We'll never get the first overall pick with this group. As bad as we have been, we couldn't help to win 6-9 games under Marvin. If this group gets the 1st overall pick, then ZT is a huge failure and we have more problems on our hands then the roster.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:13 PM)yang Wrote: Bengals vs Dolphins  December 22nd!   Battle for first pick!  #TankingforTua!!

I can't imagine the amount of prep that will go into this contest.   The over/under on Turnovers in Vegas will probably hover around 74.  You can only give the opposing teams so many points with safeties so you have to enlist their defensive players to score.  The trick is to find high ego guys or players that just want to make a highlight reel to leave town with.  Minkah Fitzpatrick might have 5 scores if hangs in till then!  

We'll have a bigger issue on our own side and might have to sit Mixon and Ross that are apt to just score.   I can't imagine Dalton will still be living this late in the season, how many sacks/hits can you take? So given that Finley looked good we now see the wisdom in keeping Dolegada aka gadaloseforus.

While I certainly hope for some miracle that this team finds their balls, if this is the case I have one word to say about having the 1st overall pick:

TRADE!!!

This team needs a future draft with something like 3 first rounders and also possibly a haul of picks for AJ Green.  

Positions that need significant upgrades:  CB (bye, Dre), LB (bye, everyone), OT(bye, Bobby...but he still might pan out, no hope of that in the LB corps or for Dre at this point), and probably G (Price...Ced 2.0?).

If Patrick Mahommes was there at #1, it would make zero difference until those other positions listed above are addressed with REAL NFL TALENT.  
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:26 PM)grampahol Wrote: C'mon folks. They said, "This wasn't us!" about the debacle yesterday.
Really? Just who were those guys in Bengals uniforms yesterday? Did they hire a bunch of janitors to stand in for them? 
Sorry, but it WAS them. It wasn't anyone but them. It wasn't the 1990's Bengals, just a very good imitation of them, but it WAS the 2019 Bengals NO DOUBT about it.. 
I always get a chuckle when anyone says, "That wasn't me" or "that wasn't us" when in fact it was EXACTLY "us" and "me" out there playing terrible. It wasn't some other team they hired to look bad. The sad truth is that lying liars often sometimes lie. "It wasn't us." ....in a pigs eye it wasn't..

Was it AJ Green and Ryan Finley that made that quote?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote