Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Let's Be Honest
Cleary, Lee Harvey Oswald was a lackey. Everyone knows that there was a Bigfoot cover up and the Feds got wise to a Black Panther revolt when his nest was found. Once the Aliens got involved it was a chain reaction. Watergate > We set foot in Cambodia > Microwaves cause cancer > Elvis was seen as recently as 1994 at a Waffle House in Montana > George Bush put on a goat head when he rigged that election.

C'mon now. Follow the clues, man. It's all right there. OF COURSE the league wants the STEELERS to win. OF COURSE they want us to lose. That's as plain as day as when I saw a helicopter 4 times the week after I got a flu shot. Coincidence???!!!!

They are no bad calls. Teams don't just lose games because they "Don't score a single point for 47 minutes". Teams lose because this league is rigged. Rigged to funnel profits to ISIS and bring down the white man!!!! Well, enough!!!!

**** these terrorists!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Oswald was a lackey tho Mellow
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:08 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Oswald was a lackey tho  Mellow

Exactly!!! Yeah, man. You get it, it's all true.  I think we're blowing some people's minds right now, man.  Right on.
Reply/Quote
I loved it. I wish I could quit it. Watched a replay whilst self-pleasuring and finished on the Vontaze slo-mo. That's bad, right?
Reply/Quote
No conspiracy.....just clear bias. Look at it this way:

Lewis has players getting rough = no control of his team.....and that may be true , but......

Tomlin has two COACHES and players involved in altercations and......crickets.

Understand?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
There's no doubt that the Bengals blew this game on their own. Hill's fumble, Burfict's hit, Pacman's outburst, they're all inexcusable.

But people deserve to be pissed off about the call on Williams and non calls on Shazier and the Joey Porter fiasco. Those were easy ones that just didn't get called right.

It just adds to the frustration of having our team crap the bed that bad.
Reply/Quote
You want honesty?

Hill lost the game.
Reply/Quote
I knew we were in trouble as soon as I saw the black helicopters Saturday Night
I was outside my house looking for intruders and heard them, looked up and there they were circling the whole Cincy area
Being in a full camo rainsuit , i blended right in so im almost sure they didn't see me but i did see the NFL emblem on the underbelly w/ my night lens
It was right then i knew the Bengals would lose and the refs would close the deal
After the cops left i ran to the TV but i had missed the 4th QTR...........someone from my neighborhood called in a peeping tom threat........hope they find that nutbag
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: No conspiracy.....just clear bias.  Look at it this way:

Lewis has players getting rough = no control of his team.....and that may be true , but......

Tomlin has two COACHES and players involved in altercations and......crickets.

Understand?
There is a lot of conspiracy I'm seeing on here, and it has nothing to do with people bemoaning a couple of bad calls.  This thread was mocking those that are throwing out the idea that the league itself actively played a part in this outcome.  That the refs had agenda.  That they "got what they wanted".  It's ridiculous. 

There is no way, in 2016, that NFL is going to purposely let one team get away with more hits to the head than another.  If you watch the games week in and week out the calls regarding these rules are hit and miss all the time.  Probably because it's a new rule and even more so because it's damn near impossible to be consistent with enforcement.

They missed the Shazier hit.  I think the Williams hit was bs.  But I can understand them being close calls.  I've seen similar plays go both ways.

As far as the Tomlin stuff, now you're getting into media coverage.  I was more mocking the idea of the actual league being Pro-Steelers.  Guess what, the media may more attention to the team that lost because of penalty.  Had we won I'm not sure the conversation would be the same.  Couple that with a Superbowl for Tomlin and you'll see less calls for his heads.  Not to mention the fact that Burfuct has built up quite a reputation.  Well deserved.  So yeah, now they're piling on.

And if we being totally honest, I think EVERYONE is being way too forgiving regarded the tunnel incident.  That, to me, was by far the worst action of the game.  I've never seen such a thing.  Almost two minutes left and 5 guys run into the tunnel and celebrate in a one point game?  Who does that?  What coach allows that?  Risk of delay of game, unsportsmanlike conduct.  Terrible sportsmanship.  Just downright stupid, stupid behavior. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:53 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: There is a lot of conspiracy I'm seeing on here, and it has nothing to do with people bemoaning a couple of bad calls.  This thread was mocking those that are throwing out the idea that the league itself actively played a part in this outcome.  That the refs had agenda.  That they "got what they wanted".  It's ridiculous. 

There is no way, in 2016, that NFL is going to purposely let one team get away with more hits to the head than another.  If you watch the games week in and week out the calls regarding these rules are hit and miss all the time.  Probably because it's a new rule and even more so because it's damn near impossible to be consistent with enforcement.

They missed the Shazier hit.  I think the Williams hit was bs.  But I can understand them being close calls.  I've seen similar plays go both ways.

As far as the Tomlin stuff, now you're getting into media coverage.  I was more mocking the idea of the actual league being Pro-Steelers.  Guess what, the media may more attention to the team that lost because of penalty.  Had we won I'm not sure the conversation would be the same.  Couple that with a Superbowl for Tomlin and you'll see less calls for his heads.  Not to mention the fact that Burfuct has built up quite a reputation.  Well deserved.  So yeah, now they're piling on.

And if we being totally honest, I think EVERYONE is being way too forgiving regarded the tunnel incident.  That, to me, was by far the worst action of the game.  I've never seen such a thing.  Almost two minutes left and 5 guys run into the tunnel and celebrate in a one point game?  Who does that?  What coach allows that?  Risk of delay of game, unsportsmanlike conduct.  Terrible sportsmanship.  Just downright stupid, stupid behavior. 

Tied Peko's 15 yarder I thought. But yeah that was ridiculous. #leader
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:37 AM)Fresno B Wrote: You want honesty?

Hill lost the game.
Hill lost the game.
Reply/Quote
Someone else on the board put it eloquently: this game was just too much for this officiating crew. Why the hell doesn't the National Football League, supposedly the image of professional football, have full time Refs putting upwards of 40+ hours a week year round so that they can be consistent in their ability to officiate the game? They want to be taken seriously by world at large but can't even manage that much? Give me a break.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:34 AM)treee Wrote: Someone else on the board put it eloquently: this game was just too much for this officiating crew. Why the hell doesn't the National Football League, supposedly the image of professional football, have full time Refs putting upwards of 40+ hours a week year round so that they can be consistent in their ability to officiate the game? They want to be taken seriously by world at large but can't even manage that much? Give me a break.

Refs have a pretty sweet deal in the NFL. They barely work 30 hours most weeks, and for most ... it's a side job that earns them on average $173,000 a year ($205,000 in 2019). Why would you want to change anything?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:45 AM)barkerja Wrote: Refs have a pretty sweet deal in the NFL. They barely work 30 hours most weeks, and for most ... it's a side job that earns them on average $173,000 a year ($205,000 in 2019). Why would you want to change anything?

Well I could see why the Refs would be happy from the money standpoint, but I guess when it comes to the integrity of Football that's just too much to ask for from the (multi billion industry) NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:34 AM)treee Wrote: Why the hell doesn't the National Football League, supposedly the image of professional football, have full time Refs putting upwards of 40+ hours a week year round so that they can be consistent in their ability to officiate the game?
I've never understood this.  Especially in recent years.  Perhaps years ago it made sense.  But with the money involved nowadays I can't see any good reason why they shouldn't have full time employees doing the games.  Hoculi is or was a practicing attorney, which just seems so strange to me.

And if I had my way I'd have a whole crew of officials upstairs with their eyes glued to monitors ruling on hits like these, and any and all turnovers.  None of that should be done of the field.  If done properly I don't think it would slow down the game in the least.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:52 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I've never understood this.  Especially in recent years.  Perhaps years ago it made sense.  But with the money involved nowadays I can't see any good reason why they shouldn't have full time employees doing the games.  Hoculi is or was a practicing attorney, which just seems so strange to me.

And if I had my way I'd have a whole crew of officials upstairs with their eyes glued to monitors ruling on hits like these, and any and all turnovers.  None of that should be done of the field.  If done properly I don't think it would slow down the game in the least.

Exactly. It's almost like the commish is failing to progress the sport to the modern era. Hmm....
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:52 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I've never understood this.  Especially in recent years.  Perhaps years ago it made sense.  But with the money involved nowadays I can't see any good reason why they shouldn't have full time employees doing the games.  Hoculi is or was a practicing attorney, which just seems so strange to me.

That's a good point. With the number of cameras now watching every play and today's technology available (and already in use in games), you would think it would actually expedite the flow/process in many ways. The MLB has done this to a certain degree and it appears to be working well.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:53 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: There is a lot of conspiracy I'm seeing on here, and it has nothing to do with people bemoaning a couple of bad calls.  This thread was mocking those that are throwing out the idea that the league itself actively played a part in this outcome.  That the refs had agenda.  That they "got what they wanted".  It's ridiculous. 

Agreed.....but again....two COACHES involved in instigating this shit. That is far more egregious than any player on either side did. FAR MORE.  Then Tomlin gives Porter the game ball?  Tomlin himself steps onto the field against Baltimore......but Marvin has no control? Spare me.  Marvin is a lot of things....and he does lack some control of his loose cannons....but what Tomlin and his staff are guilty of makes Marvin look like the Warden on Alcatraz.  Not only do they not get called on that shit....they get praised as a class organization. BULLSHIT ! Burfict's hit is despicable....dangerous....etc.  Shazier's hit was "unfortunate".....straight from the mouth of an official.  So...while the conspiracy theories may seem a little nuts....this bias is fanning those flames like a Cherokee blowing smoke signals.

Since we're going off of reputation....Joey Porter has quite the reputation....so where was the flag?

Remember the Hawks Super Bowl?  The bias isn't just in the media....they get their share of calls too.....and it isn't just against us.

Reply/Quote

Yep....NCAA can do it regarding the penalties....but not the NFL.  SMH 

Reply/Quote
What do refs do the other 36 hours of the work week if they're full time employees? Study more rules? Iron their zebra stripes? Work out classes with Ed?

Oh well, off subject. Bad calls continue a quarter century's narrative. Fans are pissed, because no one should have to wait generations between playoff victories.
Reply/Quote