Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Let's Be Honest
They could study films of games.....and make the calls....getting a better grasp of situations and developing quicker recall of the rules in those situations as a result.

Just for starters.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 12:52 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Cleary, Lee Harvey Oswald was a lackey.  Everyone knows that there was a Bigfoot cover up and the Feds got wise to a Black Panther revolt when his nest was found. Once the Aliens got involved it was a chain reaction.  Watergate  > We set foot in Cambodia  > Microwaves cause cancer > Elvis was seen as recently as 1994 at a Waffle House in Montana > George Bush put on a goat head when he rigged that election.

C'mon now.  Follow the clues, man.  It's all right there.  OF COURSE the league wants the STEELERS to win.  OF COURSE they want us to lose.  That's as plain as day as when I saw a helicopter 4 times the week after I got a flu shot.  Coincidence???!!!!

They are no bad calls.  Teams don't just lose games because they "Don't score a single point for 47 minutes".  Teams lose because this league is rigged.  Rigged to funnel profits to ISIS and bring down the white man!!!!  Well, enough!!!!

**** these terrorists!!!!!

Did you see Porter slip the ref a fin at the end of the game and what happens 30 seconds later? Yellow flag thrown....coincidence, I think not...
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 12:52 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Cleary, Lee Harvey Oswald was a lackey.  Everyone knows that there was a Bigfoot cover up and the Feds got wise to a Black Panther revolt when his nest was found. Once the Aliens got involved it was a chain reaction.  Watergate  > We set foot in Cambodia  > Microwaves cause cancer > Elvis was seen as recently as 1994 at a Waffle House in Montana > George Bush put on a goat head when he rigged that election.

C'mon now.  Follow the clues, man.  It's all right there.  OF COURSE the league wants the STEELERS to win.  OF COURSE they want us to lose.  That's as plain as day as when I saw a helicopter 4 times the week after I got a flu shot.  Coincidence???!!!!

They are no bad calls.  Teams don't just lose games because they "Don't score a single point for 47 minutes".  Teams lose because this league is rigged.  Rigged to funnel profits to ISIS and bring down the white man!!!!  Well, enough!!!!

**** these terrorists!!!!!

You know that THIS man is still pulling the strings.

[Image: 560c4d0fb87a4.image.jpg?resize=300%2C216][Image: The_Godfather_Logo.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't know if this "article" has been posted on here yet, but we're talking about honesty here...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/11/shazier-non-call-was-the-right-call/

Two days later and they are still making excuses for the Steelers penalties. Florio says "bang bang" plays are an exception to the crown of the helmet rule and that a player has to "line up" another to be penalized for crown of the helmet hits. Funny how neither of those things are actually in the rule. Florio never even cites the rule. The people in the damn comments did more research on the subject than he does.

The media is so honest... damn! I have never seen a more honest bunch in my life.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:02 PM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: Don't know if this "article" has been posted on here yet, but we're talking about honesty here...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/11/shazier-non-call-was-the-right-call/

Two days later and they are still making excuses for the Steelers penalties.  Florio says "bang bang" plays are an exception to the crown of the helmet rule and that a player has to "line up" another to be penalized for crown of the helmet hits.  Funny how neither of those things are actually in the rule.  Florio never even cites the rule.  The people in the damn comments did more research on the subject than he does.

The media is so honest... damn!  I have never seen a more honest bunch in my life.

Wow. Read the comments on that one. EVERYONE (other than blatant Steeler fans) is calling BS on that whole article and (doing what Florio didn't) actually quoting the rule....
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:02 PM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: Don't know if this "article" has been posted on here yet, but we're talking about honesty here...

Two days later and they are still making excuses for the Steelers penalties.  Florio says "bang bang" plays are an exception to the crown of the helmet rule and that a player has to "line up" another to be penalized for crown of the helmet hits.  Funny how neither of those things are actually in the rule.  Florio never even cites the rule.  The people in the damn comments did more research on the subject than he does.

The media is so honest... damn!  I have never seen a more honest bunch in my life.

That was the most BS explanation I've ever seen. Of course, I've come to expect PFT to be slanted towards the Steelers. Florio has always lived in Steelers country and he practiced law in Pittsburgh. He almost always quotes the rule book in articles like this. 

Btw, I was the commenter who mentioned the Shawn Williams hit on Wheaton (that was flagged) vs the Shazier hit on Gio (that wasn't). Wheaton took 3 steps before the hit. Of course, they probably deleted the comment.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
That dumb son of a ***** should be forced to retract that farce. If he really believes that, he doesn't have the sense required to take a shit when his gut hurts.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:48 AM)treee Wrote: Well I could see why the Refs would be happy from the money standpoint, but I guess when it comes to the integrity of Football that's just too much to ask for from the (multi billion industry) NFL.

they cant just be fired either.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: That dumb son of a ***** should be forced to retract that farce.  If he really believes that, he doesn't have the sense required to take a shit when his gut hurts.

Well judging by the comment section, no one is buying it. Even fans of other teams.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well judging by the comment section, no one is buying it. Even fans of other teams.

People know the truth about the Steelers and no one outside of Steelers nation likes them.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well judging by the comment section, no one is buying it. Even fans of other teams.

No one but the piss soaked towel wavers.....

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That was the most BS explanation I've ever seen. Of course, I've come to expect PFT to be slanted towards the Steelers. Florio has always lived in Steelers country and he practiced law in Pittsburgh. He almost always quotes the rule book in articles like this. 

Btw, I was the commenter who mentioned the Shawn Williams hit on Wheaton (that was flagged) vs the Shazier hit on Gio (that wasn't). Wheaton took 3 steps before the hit. Of course, they probably deleted the comment.

Florio is getting roasted in the comments. I love it  Hilarious

My personal favorites are people who just copy and paste the actual rule. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:31 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Florio is getting roasted in the comments. I love it  Hilarious

My personal favorites are people who just copy and paste the actual rule. 

Like I did in Smack.... ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
There's no doubt that the game was one big clusterf--k of craziness. There are many things to b-tch and complain about...bad calls, no calls, poor officiating, Steelers thuggery, coaches acting like ass clowns, Shazier celebrating after Gio's injury, etc, etc, etc. All these things may be the case...but as Carlos Dunlap so honestly stated: "Bengals Beat Bengals... Smh no1 to blame but ourselves".

No offense for 3 quarters, turnovers, a head scratching 2 pt conversion call, a boneheaded penalty by Peko that eliminated a big play...all these things, and others I'm probably forgetting right now, allowed the Steelers to remain in a position to win the game.

At the end of the day, the Bengals failed to win a 7th straight playoff game under Marvin. It's great to have made the playoffs that many times, but the only thing there is to show for it at this point...is a very long, ever expanding list of excuses and what if's.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That was the most BS explanation I've ever seen. Of course, I've come to expect PFT to be slanted towards the Steelers. Florio has always lived in Steelers country and he practiced law in Pittsburgh. He almost always quotes the rule book in articles like this. 

I emailed florio@profootballtalk with my reasoned complaint. I'll let you all know if I get any reply, though I suspect it will either be automated or come from some intern.

I did not know that he practiced law or I would have said something about that in the email as well.  I was a lawyer in Ohio before I moved to AZ and when I was reading all I could think was that if a lawyer made that argument in court and the crown of the helmet rule was the applicable law, he would be laughed at by the judge.  He doesn't even cite the applicable rule and he applies it incorrectly on top of it.  Case would be dismissed in a flash.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: There's no doubt that the game was one big clusterf--k of craziness. There are many things to b-tch and complain about...bad calls, no calls, poor officiating, Steelers thuggery, coaches acting like ass clowns, Shazier celebrating after Gio's injury, etc, etc, etc. All these things may be the case...but as Carlos Dunlap so honestly stated: "Bengals Beat Bengals... Smh no1 to blame but ourselves".

No offense for 3 quarters, turnovers, a head scratching 2 pt conversion call, a boneheaded penalty by Peko that eliminated a big play...all these things, and others I'm probably forgetting right now, allowed the Steelers to remain in a position to win the game.

At the end of the day, the Bengals failed to win a 7th straight playoff game under Marvin. It's great to have made the playoffs that many times, but the only thing there is to show for it at this point...is a very long, ever expanding list of excuses and what if's.

....and Big Los is exactly right.  I sure hated seeing that look of despair on his face at the end of that game.  He deserved better.

You are exactly right too.  Still, don't mean we can't ***** about it on here! LMAO

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 05:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....and Big Los is exactly right.  I sure hated seeing that look of despair on his face at the end of that game.  He deserved better.

You are exactly right too.  Still, don't mean we can't ***** about it on here! LMAO

Oh, don't get me wrong man, I'm not saying there's no reason to b-tch. Hell, my post was pretty much just b-tching as well. LOL
Reply/Quote