Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Fix the Offense
As much as I hate to admit it, I get the feeling that we are going to see Z walk out the door and possible Whitworth. So, let's fix the offense....

1. Soloman Thomas, DE - Stanford. Sure, we need to fix the offense, but the value in that is later on in the draft.
2. Dan Feeney, OG - Indiana. As good of a guard prospect as we've seen lately. Can also play center.
3. Pat Elflein, C - Ohio State. Plays center and guard. Should have the interior of this offense shored up.
3c. Joe Mixon, RB - Oklahoma. Talent-wise, as good or better than any back in the draft.
4. K.D. Cannon, WR - Baylor. Gives us the field stretcher that we need.
5. Zane Gonzalez, K - ASU. No explanation needed.

I'm not going to pretend that I know the rest of the 6th and 7th rounders to take a shot at them. I'm hoping that Dre re-signs and that Thomas gives us the pass-rushing boost we need.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 05:12 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: As much as I hate to admit it, I get the feeling that we are going to see Z walk out the door and possible Whitworth.  So, let's fix the offense....

1.  Soloman Thomas, DE - Stanford.  Sure, we need to fix the offense, but the value in that is later on in the draft.
2.  Dan Feeney, OG - Indiana.  As good of a guard prospect as we've seen lately.  Can also play center.
3.  Pat Elflein, C - Ohio State.  Plays center and guard.  Should have the interior of this offense shored up.
3c.  Joe Mixon, RB - Oklahoma.  Talent-wise, as good or better than any back in the draft.
4.  K.D. Cannon, WR - Baylor.  Gives us the field stretcher that we need.
5.  Zane Gonzalez, K - ASU.  No explanation needed.

I'm not going to pretend that I know the rest of the 6th and 7th rounders to take a shot at them.  I'm hoping that Dre re-signs and that Thomas gives us the pass-rushing boost we need.
Not a fan of Thomas. Never had more than. 8.5 sacks in a bad conference but the rest I love especially the mixon pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 05:12 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: As much as I hate to admit it, I get the feeling that we are going to see Z walk out the door and possible Whitworth.  So, let's fix the offense....

1.  Soloman Thomas, DE - Stanford.  Sure, we need to fix the offense, but the value in that is later on in the draft.
2.  Dan Feeney, OG - Indiana.  As good of a guard prospect as we've seen lately.  Can also play center.
3.  Pat Elflein, C - Ohio State.  Plays center and guard.  Should have the interior of this offense shored up.
3c.  Joe Mixon, RB - Oklahoma.  Talent-wise, as good or better than any back in the draft.

I'm not going to pretend that I know the rest of the 6th and 7th rounders to take a shot at them.  I'm hoping that Dre re-signs and that Thomas gives us the pass-rushing boost we need.

Not bad but way better WR's available in round 4 than Cannon. Not a fan of Mixon either. Rather have a high character kid from somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
No Linebacker Hammer?  I am worried about Burfict's health and Luga, well, just isn't that great.  I think the team will draft two backers this draft. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 01:43 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: No Linebacker Hammer?  I am worried about Burfict's health and Luga, well, just isn't that great.  I think the team will draft two backers this draft. 

6th and 7th rounds.

I feel like (and it may just be me) that the team is ready to roll with Vigil and Burfict in the base and Flowers and Rey as backups.  Whether thats the right call remains to be seen, but that's the feeling I'm getting.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 10:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Not a fan of Thomas. Never had more than. 8.5 sacks in a bad conference but the rest I love especially the mixon pick.

Stats really don't mean much in college.  

Ziggy Ansah had 4.5 sacks his senior year.  You have to look at the guys traits - explosion, height, weight, football IQ.  Also, if you are calling the Pac 12 a bad conference, you probably haven't tuned in to much football the last few years.  The offensive talent out west and the quality of football isn't too far off from the top conferences in the country.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 02:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: 6th and 7th rounds.

I feel like (and it may just be me) that the team is ready to roll with Vigil and Burfict in the base and Flowers and Rey as backups.  Whether thats the right call remains to be seen, but that's the feeling I'm getting.

Rey is good backup but  if Burfict gets another concussion or injury, yikes.  I like Thomas.  I hope they are willing to get Leary or Warmack at guard via FA.  I hope they fix the line. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 10:47 PM)pulses Wrote: Not bad but way better WR's available in round 4 than Cannon. Not a fan of Mixon either. Rather have a high character kid from somewhere else.

Honestly, I realize that Mixon had his incident, but you would be hard pressed to find someone in that program that doesn't think the world of the kid.

Definitely worthy of a shot.
Reply/Quote

I like all of this except for Mixon.  If Thomas or one of the top edge rushers isn't there at 9, I could see a QB-hungry team trading up and maybe the Bengals like a player like Pocic at C with the first rounder....Then that third rounder could be used on a solid LB to pair with Burfict and Vigil.  
Reply/Quote
If we go two OL early i want one to be able to play T.

4 of my favorite players at their positions though with Solomon Feeney Mixon and Zane so i wouldnt complain.

I think we could push back the LB need too. Burfict is a stud. We pay Vrey like a starter. Flowers has a lot of potential. And we have two young 3rd round picks that need to see the field.
Reply/Quote

First reaction is props for going defense early in this scenario and smh that Feeney's draftteck comparison was Zeitler.  It's a great pick, and Thomas is an ideal DE that can ease in and then start.  Elflein is in a lot of mocks and I think its more than a homer or Bodine hatred thing, the kid is versatile.  Mixon is confusing to me, talent wise he's a steal but who knows what they think of him.  You've got him at 3c make that 4a now.  All I know about Cannon is the deep threat thing, I'll have to look at him more and I get the kicker idea.  I really feel like they're going to take another LB here somewhere if they don't address it in FA.  Burfict's style leads to big plays but possible suspensions and how many concussions does he have left in him?  No matter what they think of Vigil's development I think there is another mid round LB in there, maybe a comp pick or McCarron deal.   Overall, I'd take this but would feel MUCH better with Whit signed and a LB somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 04:59 AM)phil413 Wrote: First reaction is props for going defense early in this scenario and smh that Feeney's draftteck comparison was Zeitler.  It's a great pick, and Thomas is an ideal DE that can ease in and then start.  Elflein is in a lot of mocks and I think its more than a homer or Bodine hatred thing, the kid is versatile.  Mixon is confusing to me, talent wise he's a steal but who knows what they think of him.  You've got him at 3c make that 4a now.  All I know about Cannon is the deep threat thing, I'll have to look at him more and I get the kicker idea.  I really feel like they're going to take another LB here somewhere if they don't address it in FA.  Burfict's style leads to big plays but possible suspensions and how many concussions does he have left in him?  No matter what they think of Vigil's development I think there is another mid round LB in there, maybe a comp pick or McCarron deal.   Overall, I'd take this but would feel MUCH better with Whit signed and a LB somewhere.

Aggree especially on lb. Think a mcmillan type in the third or a beckwith in the 4th would be good. 
Reply/Quote
http://thegruelingtruth.net/football/nfl/2017-tgt-nfl-mock-draft-1-1-updated-22517/
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 02:26 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Rey is good backup but  if Burfict gets another concussion or injury, yikes.  I like Thomas.  I hope they are willing to get Leary or Warmack at guard via FA.  I hope they fix the line. 

Marvin recently said he's not worried about the line.  Not sure what to think of that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 10:47 PM)pulses Wrote: Not bad but way better WR's available in round 4 than Cannon. Not a fan of Mixon either. Rather have a high character kid from somewhere else.

A lot of people are sleeping on KD Cannon. Corey Coleman had 74 catches for 1363 yards and 20 TDs.  KD Cannon put up 87 catches for 1215 yards and 13 TDs.  He will also be in a battle with John Ross for the fastest WR at the combine. And he is a serious deep threat guy. 

Quote:1129 of his 1899 yards (59.4 percent ) and 13 of his 14 touchdowns came on throws greater than 20 yards downfield. Only three other receivers over the past two seasons saw more deep targets than the 72 that Cannon saw thrown his way. 
https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-fotbball-can-kd-cannon-replace-colemans-production-at-baylor/

He has suspect route running skills, but when the Bengals are talking about a speedster to take the top off defenses for AJ you are not going to find many outside of John Ross and Zay Jones better than KD Cannon.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 11:01 PM)Burma Wrote: A lot of people are sleeping on KD Cannon. Corey Coleman had 74 catches for 1363 yards and 20 TDs.  KD Cannon put up 87 catches for 1215 yards and 13 TDs.  He will also be in a battle with John Ross for the fastest WR at the combine. And he is a serious deep threat guy. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-fotbball-can-kd-cannon-replace-colemans-production-at-baylor/

He has suspect route running skills, but when the Bengals are talking about a speedster to take the top off defenses for AJ you are not going to find many outside of John Ross and Zay Jones better than KD Cannon.

I guess you haven't watched any film on guys like Taywan Taylor and Carlos Henderson (and a couple sleepers for you to look at  ( Jalen Robinette 27.4 YPC)  and Victor Bolden Jr( gonna be 1 of the fastest at the combine).
Reply/Quote