Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Give The Big Man (and the rest of them) A Hand!
Just wanted to let everyone know that in 8 games on the year, Whitworth has given up:

0 Sacks
0 Hits
4 Hurries

Really the oline has been great as a whole though (aside from Bodine for a lot of the year), but he's just on another level.

But no, Joe Thomas will make the PB with his 2 sacks, over 15 pressures on the year and 7 alone against us, while our boy doesn't get a sniff. Hopefully he'll be recognised this year, but I doubt it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
It's a shame. Even more so that's he's only been 2nd team All-pro
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Whit's the Man !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We should really try and get a campaign started to get Whitworth some recognition outside of the Bengals faithful. The man deserves, I said he DESERVES to be in the Pro-Bowl and five years after he retires, he deserves to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

He's put the work in
He's the best at his position
He's done the job great for multiple years

HE DESERVES IT!!!

Plain and simple
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I did see a play last game where Whit set up outside to block air while Boling got beat to his outside. But at least Whit didn't give up the hit.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 08:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did see a play last game where Whit set up outside to block air while Boling got beat to his outside. But at least Whit didn't give up the hit.
Yep. I reran that play a couple of times to see if Whit had given up a sack. Maybe he deserves 1/2 sack on his otherwise pristine record for that play. Tongue
Reply/Quote
If he was a Patriot he'd be a HOFer. You know it's Sad But Truee-oooh.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 08:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Just wanted to let everyone know that in 8 games on the year, Whitworth has given up:

0 Sacks
0 Hits
4 Hurries

Really the oline has been great as a whole though (aside from Bodine for a lot of the year), but he's just on another level.

But no, Joe Thomas will make the PB with his 2 sacks, over 15 pressures on the year and 7 alone against us, while our boy doesn't get a sniff. Hopefully he'll be recognised this year, but I doubt it.

Could have sworn he just gave up a sack last against the Browns by not helping Boling. Not entirely his fault, but the defender did come around the outside when Whitworth was there and had no one to block.
Reply/Quote
One of Dalton's sacks, against Cleveland, was Winston's man. He couldn't hold him off.
Reply/Quote
It's a shame that Whit doesn't get more love. He'll have to put on a ring maybe 2 to even sniff the hall.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 08:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did see a play last game where Whit set up outside to block air while Boling got beat to his outside. But at least Whit didn't give up the hit.

(11-07-2015, 09:04 PM)Derrick Wrote: Yep. I reran that play a couple of times to see if Whit had given up a sack. Maybe he deserves 1/2 sack on his otherwise pristine record for that play. Tongue

(11-07-2015, 09:32 PM)Froob Wrote: Could have sworn he just gave up a sack last against the Browns by not helping Boling. Not entirely his fault, but the defender did come around the outside when Whitworth was there and had no one to block.

Boling's man.

Just because a guy stands there because there's no one to block one on one, doesn't mean they gave up the sack, come on now.
Reply/Quote
We get a top 2 seeding and win a few postseason games while continuing his level of play and he still doesn't receive first team all pro, he'll never get it.

The team losing it's first round stigma will go a long way in giving its players the recognition they've already deserved.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 11:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Boling's man.

Just because a guy stands there because there's no one to block one on one, doesn't mean they gave up the sack, come on now.

Let it go. 
Most people have no interest in actually listening if you try to talk OL scheme and protections. Pre-snap reads, assignments and such.
They just make up a BS reason to blame someone as if it's just freestyle on the OL to block. 

Here's the play.
https://vine.co/v/eLDj6Kd9HQD

You can plainly see Whit has the outside rusher in pre-snap reads. That leaves Boling to cover his guy alone. 
He got beat on a very good play by the Browns DL. It happens. Had nothing to do with Whitworth. 

Had the outside guy dropped out sooner, Whit could have helped but by the time the guy went out with the RB, it was too late.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 08:41 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: We should really try and get a campaign started to get Whitworth some recognition outside of the Bengals faithful.

Sports Illustrated just did a feature article on the Bengals O-line.  It is in the Nov 2 issue.  It gives Whit a lot of love.

People are starting to notice on a national level.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 03:05 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Let it go. 
Most people have no interest in actually listening if you try to talk OL scheme and protections. Pre-snap reads, assignments and such.
They just make up a BS reason to blame someone as if it's just freestyle on the OL to block. 

Here's the play.

You can plainly see Whit has the outside rusher in pre-snap reads. That leaves Boling to cover his guy alone. 
He got beat on a very good play by the Browns DL. It happens. Had nothing to do with Whitworth. 

Had the outside guy dropped out sooner, Whit could have helped but by the time the guy went out with the RB, it was too late.

Yep.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 08:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Just wanted to let everyone know that in 8 games on the year, Whitworth has given up:

0 Sacks
0 Hits
4 Hurries

The offensive line usually only gets mentioned when they struggle.  Our offensive line is just as responsible for the team's success as Dalton, Green, Marvin, etc.  

I would love to see a season where all the guys get Pro Bowl nominations, but have to decline anyways  Rolleyes.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 04:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sports Illustrated just did a feature article on the Bengals O-line.  It is in the Nov 2 issue.  It gives Whit a lot of love.

People are starting to notice on a national level.

I've noticed a lot of commentators doting over him during broadcasts lately too.  They're starting to come around.....FINALLY 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

0 Sacks
0 Hits
4 Hurries

I disagree Truck, now that the Bengals are considered legit contenders for the Super Bowl, the entire team will now get more exposure. I love the way all those who ignored the return of Eifert and Jones and AJ only playing around 60% of the snaps versus over 90% this year and normally have now learned that valuable info they had wanted to know prior to picking us 3rd in the AFCN in 2015.

Jones, Whittworth and others will start getting some love now. That and appearing on national TV at least 5 of your 16 games gets them all more exposure. These clowns need to go back and look at Whitt's career now if they are good journalists.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 03:05 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Let it go. 

Here's the play.

(11-08-2015, 10:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The offensive line usually only gets mentioned when they struggle.  Our offensive line is just as responsible for the team's success as Dalton, Green, Marvin, etc.  

I would love to see a season where all the guys get Pro Bowl nominations, but have to decline anyways  Rolleyes.

Mhm, but, "people watch the play again and it was at least, PARTIALLY on him," oh God it just makes me shake my head. Thank you both.

(11-08-2015, 12:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I disagree Truck, now that the Bengals are considered legit contenders for the Super Bowl, the entire team will now get more exposure. I love the way all those who ignored the return of Eifert and Jones and AJ only playing around 60% of the snaps versus over 90% this year and normally have now learned that valuable info they had wanted to know prior to picking us 3rd in the AFCN in 2015.

Jones, Whittworth and others will start getting some love now. That and appearing on national TV at least 5 of your 16 games gets them all more exposure. These clowns need to go back and look at Whitt's career now if they are good journalists.

I hope you're right; guy should've been first team AP and starter at PB last year and he didn't even sniff it (well, he was 2nd team AP, but nobody cares about that), as it was the best LT season since the heydays of Pace, Ogden and Walter Jones.
Reply/Quote
I actually thought that he did loose hes streak right after bengals.com wrote that article about hes amazing no-sack streak.

I think it was the Ravens game, where i thought he did give up a sack?

Never the less! He is one hell of an amazing OT, and an even greater person.
I love having him, and i hope Bengals tie him up as an OL assistant whenever he is done being a great OT.
Reply/Quote