Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Go For 2!
I think this year is the perfect year to jump on the 2 point conversion trend.

-Nugent has been lackluster so far, missed an xtra point and some FGs close to xtra point range.
- We have an amazing redzone QB
- We have an amazing redzone TE on the roster
- We have one of the best jump ball WRs in the game
- We have a great goal line back who can pound it in

There are countless reasons why the Bengals should be going for two a lot more this year.

I originally was against this idea. However, I think the odds of the Bengals making it are greater than not making it. I also think the pressure of 8 points instead of 7 causes teams to get flustered.

It unnerved me when the Steelers said they were going to do it. Aaron Rodgers said it was a good strategy as well. I think there is enough evidence and potential to warrant the Bengals employing this new strategy.

I'm not sure if Marvin Lewis will buy in to this notion... but I really think it could pay off for this team.
Reply/Quote
I thought about that this morning. Im not convinced that will solve our problem.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 03:21 PM)Gohards Wrote: I thought about that this morning. Im not convinced that will solve our problem.

Which problem are you referring to?

There has to be a balance between going for 2 and kicking the xtra point. I'm not saying go for it EVERY time. But, I do think there is a right time and place in each game for it. If we score first, we should always go for it imo. Its definitely debatable.
Reply/Quote
It would be a great idea, until we do it and don't convert, and end up losing that game by 1... though if Nuge is going to miss any more PAT's, we probably would lose said hypothetical game by 1 anyway....
Reply/Quote
Good idea but having another kicker could be good too Big Grin

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
No thanks.

NFL kickers should make this a high percentage of the time.

If he can not then it would be time to move on to another kicker.

But will say that would rather have Nugent in a slump now than when it counts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 03:28 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Which problem are you referring to?

There has to be a balance between going for 2 and kicking the xtra point. I'm not saying go for it EVERY time. But, I do think there is a right time and place in each game for it. If we score first, we should always go for it imo. Its definitely debatable.

Our kicking problem. If we give nuge no attempts thru out the game, how are we gonna expect him to hit say, a 50 yard game winner?
Reply/Quote
That's what she said.
Reply/Quote