Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Let's Go Steelers
I hear you I'm not going to get too excited but I think we can beat a team not named Pitt or new England in the playoffs ,they got the refs on their side and we aren't good enough . But I'm still holding on to that .5% chance the ravens lose 3.
Reply/Quote
1. We’re not going to the playoffs.

2. No way, no how am I pulling for the effing Steelers. The only way possible that would happen would be if there was a specific “they win=something good happens to us immediately” type of situation. I’ll never pull for them on a very questionable “what if” scenario.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Surprised so many are pulling for the Ravens. I had no idea the hate for the Steelers ran so deep. Just as everyone here is resigned to the fact that the Bengals not making the playoffs; I am resigned to the fact that the Steelers are. One of the teams we need to start losing is the Ravens.

I'll also be rooting for the Patriots, Cardinals, Broncos, and know the Chiefs/Oakland game is going to help us either way. As I said: I like the Bengals more than I hate the Steelers. I would love for that last game of the season to mean something. Either we can squeak in or we can eliminate the Ravens. If the Ravens win this weekend they most likely beat the Browns and Colts and have a playoff spot locked up before we play them.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 09:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Surprised so many are pulling for the Ravens. I had no idea the hate for the Steelers ran so deep. Just as everyone here is resigned to the fact that the Bengals not making the playoffs; I am resigned to the fact that the Steelers are. One of the teams we need to start losing is the Ravens.

I'll also be rooting for the Patriots, Cardinals, Broncos, and know the Chiefs/Oakland game is going to help us either way. As I said: I like the Bengals more than I hate the Steelers. I would love for that last game of the season to mean something. Either we can squeak in or we can eliminate the Ravens. If the Ravens win this weekend they most likely beat the Browns and Colts and have a playoff spot locked up before we play them.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not pulling for the Ravens as opposed to the Steelers.  My attitude would be **** both of them.  I'm tired of hearing about how the Balt/Pit games are tough football but full of such slobber-over-one-another respect.  If anything I  hope someone cheap-shots somebody and a massive fight breaks out, and injuries are sustained that screw them both up for the playoffs, and the NFL talking heads wail and gnash their teeth over the inhumanity of it all.   

I'll be at both the Bears and Lions games, with friends and family, cheering for the Bengals, so in that respect the games will matter to me regardless of if we're eliminated from the WC hunt.  I'll enjoy the days simply for what they are.  

Besides, we'll win Sunday and so will the Steelers, so fret not, our playoff "hopes" stay on the ventilator for yet another week.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 08:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We need to root for them this weekend.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
No way I’m rooting for the Steelers. Hope the Ravens give them a beat down. We aren’t going to the playoffs either way.
Reply/Quote
Anybody who's been a Bengals fan as long as me could NEVER root for the Steelers, under any circumstance. Not harboring much love for the 49ers either. AFC all the way, unless the Steelers are playing in the big game. I'll never jump on that huge band wagon, not for a second; for any reason. If we can't put them out ourselves within the division, we don't deserve to be in any playoffs. We control our own destiny within the division, and beating the Browns really shouldn't get you in the playoffs. The Ravens aren't all that either, though they may be peaking at the right time. With the exception of our first home games, the Ravens have put on some really sucky performances themselves, they can earn their own way in without any cheerleading from me.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 12:54 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: No way I’m rooting for the Steelers.  Hope the Ravens give them a beat down.

Eh, doesn't matter much to me. I've never been one to call on my big brother to take care of a kid I couldn't handle myself.
Reply/Quote
That wasn’t what I meant at all.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 01:26 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Anybody who's been a Bengals fan as long as me could NEVER root for the Steelers, under any circumstance. Not harboring much love for the 49ers either. AFC all the way, unless the Steelers are playing in the big game. I'll never jump on that huge band wagon, not for a second; for any reason. If we can't put them out ourselves within the division, we don't deserve to be in any playoffs. We control our own destiny within the division, and beating the Browns really shouldn't get you in the playoffs. The Ravens aren't all that either, though they may be peaking at the right time. With the exception of our first home games, the Ravens have put on some really sucky performances themselves, they can earn their own way in without any cheerleading from me.
There's a very good chance I've been a Bengal fan as long as you. I can remember the Houston Oilers being a division rival, I can remember the Jags winning the division. Throughout that time my number one concern has always been what is best for the Bengals, not what is worse for the Steelers. 

I suppose I just don't care about them as much as many here do. I do know they are a team we can beat and if not for a phantom holding call last week would have done so. 

Reply/Quote
Rams and Whit all the way at this point
Reply/Quote

Not a fan of the Ravens or Patriots, but I despise Pittsburgh thugs and their preferential treatment more than the other 2 teams.  I will NEVER root for the Steelers I don't care WHAT the circumstances are.  If the Bengals want a championship, then they have to control their own destiny.

If they need help from the Steelers to do that, TOUGH TOENAILS!!!!
Reply/Quote
I'm rooting for Zimmer.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 02:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's a very good chance I've been a Bengal fan as long as you. I can remember the Houston Oilers being a division rival, I can remember the Jags winning the division. Throughout that time my number one concern has always been what is best for the Bengals, not what is worse for the Steelers. 

I suppose I just don't care about them as much as many here do. I do know they are a team we can beat and if not for a phantom holding call last week would have done so. 

I'm older than the Bengals....by ten or eleven years. I remember the Oilers well, was always amazed that a guy like Earl Campbell could have thighs that big, and still be fairly quick. See, that's the problem with playing the Steelers; there ALWAYS is a phantom call of some sort, or any number of creative ways to lose. While that call was a big problem, no halftime adjustments ( or adjustments to those made by Pittsburgh ) in the second half was the real problem. Played the first half like Tigers, the second half like Kittens....again. If they're gonna crash and burn completely (and they will) no reason to hope someone bails them out now. That, and if they did win the rest of their games and somehow get into the playoffs, it would inevitably signal that yet again, Marvin is back, and we sure as hell don't need that. We have a really decent team, we need a coach who's a real leader, and Marvin ain't it, imo.
Reply/Quote

oh my! bfine32! Sick Sick Sick
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 03:40 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: I'm older than the Bengals....by ten or eleven years. I remember the Oilers well, was always amazed that a guy like Earl Campbell could have thighs that big, and still be fairly quick. See, that's the problem with playing the Steelers; there ALWAYS is a phantom call of some sort, or any number of creative ways to lose. While that call was a big problem, no halftime adjustments ( or adjustments to those made by Pittsburgh ) in the second half was the real problem. Played the first half like Tigers, the second half like Kittens....again. If they're gonna crash and burn completely (and they will) no reason to hope someone bails them out now. That, and if they did win the rest of their games and somehow get into the playoffs, it would inevitably signal that yet again, Marvin is back, and we sure as hell don't need that. We have a really decent team, we need a coach who's a real leader, and Marvin ain't it, imo.

Hmm. That got me to thinking. I've already stated to Steelers fans, in the past, "tell me about the time you lost a game because of a bad officiating call". To the best of my knowledge, it literally hasn't ever happened. Unless someone can remember something i can't. None of them have ever been able to tell me. 

Besides that, thinking smaller, when is the last time a Pitt touchdown (esp an important one) was called back because of a penalty--against the Bengals, in the last 10 years or so?

You'd think, at some point, they'd be affected by the zebras. No?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Are you high?

No f**king way. GoPats!
Reply/Quote

I think everyone understands where you're coming from but for myself I cannot repeat the words to the title of this thread.

I'm surrounded by Squeeler fans...I cannot give them the satisfaction of me saying that lol. In fact I don't think I've actually said Steelers out loud in like 10 years...it always comes out as Squeelers.

Also I cannot root for the Patriots either. I root for the underdogs...Let's go Jaguars and Vikings.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Welp looks like I'm flying solo in hoping Sesame Street Burt, Suggs, Tucker, and the Ravens get beat this weekend and that we close to within one game of them.

Oh well. Folks watch football for various reasons.

Reply/Quote
No true bengals fan would ever root for the Steelers. Don't care what the circumstance. If Jesus Christ himself came down with a Steelers jersey on I would instantly become a satanist...
Reply/Quote