Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Not Forget...
[Image: AHMwO8X.jpg]

KC had 1st & GOAL from the 5-YARD-LINE with about 1:30 left in the 4th.
They score a TD there and they go up by 4 (with successful XP) and PROBABLY WIN THE GAME.
HOWEVER, THE DEFENSE HELD them to a FG!  What a fantastic effort and execution by the defense!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:04 PM)Tomkat Wrote: [Image: AHMwO8X.jpg]

They score a TD there and they go up by 4 (with successful XP) and PROBABLY WIN THE GAME.
HOWEVER, THE DEFENSE HELD them to a FG!  What a fantastic effort and execution by the defense!

I think they were trying to pull what we did on them the first time around.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

I will never doubt Burrow, but we had no timeouts left, which would have made it pretty tough to drive all the way down the field for a TD. We would have been battling the Chiefs, and the clock.

Those back-to-back sacks from Hubbard were so huge. That’s why I voted for him for the game ball. He wasn’t having any Mahomes heroics right there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Romo is getting roasted for his suggestion that the Bengals should let them score, so they can preserve time on the clock. And he should get roasted for that suggestion, for the exact reason that transpired: the Chiefs were held to a field goal. But I think that many of us nonetheless were envisioning the Chiefs running the clock way down and then getting the touchdown. 

I need to get my hands on the video of this game. I wasn't in my home to watch the game and forgot to record it. And I got so involved that I forgot to tell my wife to record. I would love to see this particular sequence over again, including the bat-out-of-hell sack by Hubbard.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: Romo is getting roasted for his suggestion that the Bengals should let them score, so they can preserve time on the clock. And he should get roasted for that suggestion, for the exact reason that transpired: the Chiefs were held to a field goal. But I think that many of us nonetheless were envisioning the Chiefs running the clock way down and then getting the touchdown. 

I need to get my hands on the video of this game. I wasn't in my home to watch the game and forgot to record it. And I got so involved that I forgot to tell my wife to record. I would love to see this particular sequence over again, including the bat-out-of-hell sack by Hubbard.

Reply/Quote
There is no logical explanation of why Mahommes played so poorly over the second half. Our pass defense is not that great. But by the time they got close to our end zone at the end of the game I actually felt we had a good chance to hold them to a FOG. Same with the coin toss in overtime. I just felt like we were in control.

For some reason after we forced the 3-and-out after Burrows pick in the 4th quarter I had a strong feeling that it was going to be "our day".
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no logical explanation of why Mahommes played so poorly over the second half. Our pass defense is not that great. But by the time they got close to our end zone at the end of the game I actually felt we had a good chance to hold them to a FOG. Same with the coin toss in overtime. I just felt like we were in control.

For some reason after we forced the 3-and-out after Burrows pick in the 4th quarter I had a strong feeling that it was going to be "our day".

But the pass defense was that good in the 2nd half yesterday. Pretty much all of our sacks were coverage sacks. Mahomes literally had an eternity on some of those plays. Major props to our secondary for not letting the Chiefs WR’s (and Kelce) break free.

Reply/Quote

That was simply insane.

Just one more magical series in a truly magical season.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But the pass defense was that good in the 2nd half yesterday. Pretty much all of our sacks were coverage sacks. Mahomes literally had an eternity on some of those plays. Major props to our secondary for not letting the Chiefs WR’s (and Kelce) break free.

It had a lot to do with that journalist jargon that Lou made. Dropping 8 into coverage, using a spy, and bringing the occasional Hilton blitz to rush Mahommes' passes. Once again, Lou Anarumo coached his ass off yesterday in the second half, and his unit executed the plan to perfection. Hat's off to those guys on defense.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no logical explanation of why Mahommes played so poorly over the second half. Our pass defense is not that great. But by the time they got close to our end zone at the end of the game I actually felt we had a good chance to hold them to a FOG. Same with the coin toss in overtime. I just felt like we were in control.

We rushed 3 and dropped 8 most of the second half. Our 3 got there, and our 8 kept his receivers in check. Kept dropping one DE as a short zone spy. Basically what the Raiders tried to do to Burrow.

In short - Good game plan by Lou, and much better discipline by the D-Line in the second half.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:18 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: It had a lot to do with that journalist jargon that Lou made. Dropping 8 into coverage, using a spy, and bringing the occasional Hilton blitz to rush Mahommes' passes. Once again, Lou Anarumo coached his ass off yesterday in the second half, and his unit executed the plan to perfection. Hat's off to those guys on defense.

A lot of Chiefs fans are really mad at Reid for not running more when we were dropping 8. They were having success on the ground, too…

McKinnon - 12 car 65 yds 5.4 avg
CEH - 6 car 36 yds 6.0 avg

They tried to put the game on Mahomes’ arm, and we made them pay.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A lot of Chiefs fans are really mad at Reid for not running more when we were dropping 8. They were having success on the ground, too…

McKinnon - 12 car 65 yds 5.4 avg
CEH - 6 car 36 yds 6.0 avg

They tried to put the game on Mahomes’ arm, and we made them pay.

I can't blame them, he should've ran it more...if he does, does Lou adjust to that? A question we'll thankfully never know the answer to. Cool

Reply/Quote

Mahomes was panicking imo. Our D was lights out in the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:46 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Mahomes was panicking imo. Our D was lights out in the 2nd half.

He’s not good when he’s rattled (see last year’s Super Bowl). Just makes you appreciate our guy (and what he did in Tennessee) all the more.

Reply/Quote
Anyone notice it was Joe Thuney who recovered?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:59 PM)yang Wrote: Anyone notice it was Joe Thuney who recovered?

Immediately when it happened, lol. Should've given us that discount Joe! Tiger

Reply/Quote