Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Pretend We Are Coaches
First of all, everyone on this board already pretends they are the coaches LOL But seriously it will probably be Tate. I really hope they get Core some snaps against the first team the last couple of preseason games. I think he could really show the coaches enough to maybe snag some playtime from Tate if Lafell stays out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Which coach am I pretending to be?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 10:52 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Which coach am I pretending to be?

Woody Hayes right before he punches a Michigan player in the face.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 11:02 PM)treee Wrote: Woody Hayes right before he punches a Michigan player in the face.

Oh, what the ****! That was a bad INT.... **** this ************, I don't care if he has a helmet on I'm going to knock his ass out.
Reply/Quote
Wait, you asking me to pretend like a coach?  Ok, I'll give it my best shot...

****Clap, clap, clap....***  "Let's go!!!!"  ***Clap, clap, clap...***

And if that doesn't work, I'm going to my secret weapon.  I'm going off the board and calling my 3rd timeout with 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.  

...Giggle.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 01:20 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I'm hoping LaFell works out and will be rooting for that to happen.

However, in the event that he doesn't pan out, based upon the injury, and the semi-negative practice report, at West Carrollton HS, I read on Bengals website, and assuming Boyd continues on his path and steps into the #2 slot, behind Green, who do you see filling in Boyd's spot in the slot?

Burkhead, Wright, Tate, Core, Kumerow, Alford, someone else?  Why?

So far, you can wright AJ Green, Boyd and Tate down in ink.....and the others in pencil with half of preseason to go......and Burkhead makes this team as a RB or not at all.  He may catch passes, but he is first a RB.  I would guess he makes the team, but he does not take up a WR spot. He isn't that good at WR.

Lets also talk coaches because Zampese becomes offensive coordinator. He has been with the Bengals since 2003. In that time he has worked under Bratkowski, Gruden and Jackson. With St Louis he was with The Greatest Show On Turf under Mike Martz. With the Packers he was under Sherman Lewis. With the Eagles he was under Dana Bible. He has coached Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Jon Kitna, Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton. His father Ernie Zampese coached 36 years in the NFL under Tommy Prothro, Don Coryell and was given credit for Air Coryell, John Robinson, Barry Switzer, Pete Carroll, and QBs such as Dan Fouts, Jim Everett, Troy Aikman, Drew Bledsoe.......So this tells us he has been with Dalton and AJ McCarron all along, so no changes there. ..He has been with Brat, Gruden and Hue and knows every offense under Marvin Lewis, but probably will bring his own style. I'm guessing since he coached the wide open Rams offense with Kurt Warner, and his dad coached Air Coryell, that the Zampeze family style is Throw The Ball and have a RB like James Brooks at Chargers or Marshall Faulk at Rams. Someone that can run but is also a very good pass threat. The more pass options, the better. Who gets more time, Gio or Hill, may come down to who catches passes better. .....I don't look for the Hue split O Lines.....I don't look for much double TE as Gruden....I do look for more 1 back and 4 other receivers, one of which could be a TE. .....This guy and his dad loved having 5 receivers possible on every play to wear the defenses out. ....Look for Zampeze to have Bengals go Air Coryell and Greatest Show On Turf because It's A Family Tradition......He knows what works best for Dalton. ...We won't really see the new Zampese offense until regular season as they run the vanilla offenses and defenses, saving the good stuff. The Zampese Family offensive playbook goes as far in the NFL to Tommy Pothro up to Marvin Lewis, from Dan Fouts to Andy Dalton. They seem to get the very most out of their quarterbacks and team. Brat, Gruden and Jackson have come and gone, but Zampese has been with Bengals coaching up Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton from day one for both. I also like what he did with arena player Kurt Warner at St Louis Rams. Again, the Zampese style is to give QB Dalton more receivers than the D can cover, and hit the open man. The RB HAS to be able to run pass routes out of the backfield. It may look like basketball more than football at times, but the Zampese offenses have scored a ton of points. Hey, Paul Brown at Cleveland was said to be more basketball than football. AIR ZAMPESE
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 01:20 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I'm hoping LaFell works out and will be rooting for that to happen.

However, in the event that he doesn't pan out, based upon the injury, and the semi-negative practice report, at West Carrollton HS, I read on Bengals website, and assuming Boyd continues on his path and steps into the #2 slot, behind Green, who do you see filling in Boyd's spot in the slot?

Burkhead, Wright, Tate, Core, Kumerow, Alford, someone else?  Why?

I believe Tate would get the #2 role if LaFell can't go due to Lewis' mentality about rookies, but not expecting much from him and he will eventually yield the spot.

When we were injury riddled at receiver in 2014 Tate was essentially a non-factor despite getting some starts. Not sure why we'd expect a different result in 2016.

Personally, I feel we'd be better off throwing Core and Boyd into the fire early so that they'll have a season under their belts by playoff time.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 02:22 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I believe Tate would get the #2 role if LaFell can't go due to Lewis' mentality about rookies, but not expecting much from him and he will eventually yield the spot.

When we were injury riddled at receiver in 2014 Tate was essentially a non-factor despite getting some starts. Not sure why we'd expect a different result in 2016.

Personally, I feel we'd be better off throwing Core and Boyd into the fire early so that they'll have a season under their belts by playoff time.

After watching all the home games from 2011 forward, I can say that Tate's touches are much more productive with Green on the field at the same time, which seems to apply to all number 2 receivers no matter who they are.  If LaFell fails, then he would be on the field with Green and that's a plus.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 10:13 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: In the last 6 preseason games, Hunt has 9 tackles and 1 sack. In 2 of those 6 games, Hunt was held to zero tackles.

Also 3 of his 6 sacks came against the Colts final preseason game in 2014. He had a great game in that one. But outside of that game, literally has done little to nothing.

Outside of that game he had 4 tackles and 1 sack in 2014 preseason. He really hasn't been good in preseason outside of the Colts game.

Also you are correct, it is a dislocated finger. My mistake. I read one account when it happened that it was broken, but that was the day it happened. My fault.

You had me freaking out there for a second. I thought I had missed it and the medical staff misdiagnosed initially and the dislocation turned into a break. Lol

Their WRs can't afford to take any injuries.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 10:34 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: After watching all the home games from 2011 forward, I can say that Tate's touches are much more productive with Green on the field at the same time, which seems to apply to all number 2 receivers no matter who they are.  If LaFell fails, then he would be on the field with Green and that's a plus.

I'm sure any receiver will have better looks when playing across from AJ Green, but will that receiver draw any additional coverage away from Green at all? While Tate has had his moments as a receiver and as a returner, the really nice plays are few and far between.

Last year we had Eifert (who's likely going to miss half this season) and Marvin Jones (gone) to make defenses play Green a little more honestly. This year, can someone like Tate be good enough to help Green out a little? Maybe, but I don't think he can over a season or even half a season.

A worst case scenario arises if Green gets hurt at all. That makes Tate the #1. That's worst than when Sanu had to be the #1 guy.

I'd really prefer if we got Boyd and Core out there early and take our lumps. I can see a number of cases where we'll need one of them to start this year.

Reply/Quote
When Marvin Jones and Sanu were drafted, didn't they end up starting or at least they took turns starting? I can't remember the details and I'm too lazy to look it up, but if I'm right, ML has been known to start rookie WR if he believes they're ready.

With that said, I could see a starting lineup of Green and Boyd if going 2 wide and Green, Lafell and Boyd (in the slot) if going 3 wide.

If I'm the head coach, I cut Tate immediately and go with either Erickson, Alford, Gio, Peerman, or Burkhead as KR and Pacman as PR with the other guys backing him up from time to time.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 12:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: When Marvin Jones and Sanu were drafted, didn't they end up starting or at least they took turns starting? I can't remember the details and I'm too lazy to look it up, but if I'm right, ML has been known to start rookie WR if he believes they're ready.

With that said, I could see a starting lineup of Green and Boyd if going 2 wide and Green, Lafell and Boyd (in the slot) if going 3 wide.

If I'm the head coach, I cut Tate immediately and go with either Erickson, Alford, Gio, Peerman, or Burkhead as KR and Pacman as PR with the other guys backing him up from time to time.

I know they got in games that year. Sanu may have been starting for awhile, but he got hurt. I think Binns was the starter early in 2012.... I think.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 12:02 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm sure any receiver will have better looks when playing across from AJ Green, but will that receiver draw any additional coverage away from Green at all? While Tate has had his moments as a receiver and as a returner, the really nice plays are few and far between.

Last year we had Eifert (who's likely going to miss half this season) and Marvin Jones (gone) to make defenses play Green a little more honestly. This year, can someone like Tate be good enough to help Green out a little? Maybe, but I don't think he can over a season or even half a season.

A worst case scenario arises if Green gets hurt at all. That makes Tate the #1. That's worst than when Sanu had to be the #1 guy.

I'd really prefer if we got Boyd and Core out there early and take our lumps. I can see a number of cases where we'll need one of them to start this year.

It doesn't have to be exclusively WRs taking pressure off of Green. The running game can open things up a little too... If they can ever establish it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 12:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: When Marvin Jones and Sanu were drafted, didn't they end up starting or at least they took turns starting? I can't remember the details and I'm too lazy to look it up, but if I'm right, ML has been known to start rookie WR if he believes they're ready.

it took till year 4 I believe before we had them both on the field healthy at the same time.

Year 1 one or the other was hurt.  Year 2 they kinda rotated   3 MJ was out for the year.

Explain why you cut Tate immediatedly with Lafells situation still an unknown?
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 12:02 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm sure any receiver will have better looks when playing across from AJ Green, but will that receiver draw any additional coverage away from Green at all? While Tate has had his moments as a receiver and as a returner, the really nice plays are few and far between.

Don't disagree with the philosophy, but I think if LaFell dumps, Lewis will go with Tate initially.  They truly don't know what will happen with him in there on a regular basis with Green and Boyd.  

I do think Wright will get time and if Tate doesn't make it happen, I think Wright steps in.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 10:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ooh, Ooh, I get to be Bobby Blue Eyes

[Image: 635894421690875430-AP-120427155995.jpg]

Why did this picture suddenly piss me off? I need counseling. I thought I was over it. Cry

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 12:31 PM)jason Wrote: It doesn't have to be exclusively WRs taking pressure off of Green. The running game can open things up a little too... If they can ever establish it.

Oh yes, I agree. Not really disagreeing with you. But with Eifert out awhile taking pressure off Green might have to come from the running game. I just don't see Tate being able to do that consistently.

Reply/Quote